Quantcast Flower & Garden Solo Shot -- Around the Dapper F&G World in 6 Days -- Day 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flower & Garden Solo Shot -- Around the Dapper F&G World in 6 Days -- Day 5

WARNING: I tend to write novels when a synopsis would do....

Day 5: Monday, April 30, 2018 -- AK & EPCOT

Cast of Characters: Me, myself and I -- 56 year old kid!!

My original plan was to do AK & DHS today, to get teh Star Wars Galactic Spectacular in, but since I was able to see this on my first night, and I missed my planned EPCOT night with those calf cramps, I changed it up just to make sure I got a showing of Illuminations in. Best laid plans, right? But that is the nice thing about a WDW solo trip, all plans are written in sand and the tide is always coming in.

Yes, I was just at AK last night, but I HAD to get another ride on the back of a banshee (ikran) in before my trip ended. Started my day by taking a nice safari ride to once again visit the African savannah to see the animals in their (simulated) natural habitat. Love the morning safaris because so many of the animals are out and about getting their breakfast. Once again, no okapi or Tommies to be found, but there were plenty of up close and personal opportunites with the fauna. This morning the baby hippo was in the water swimming beside his (her? I never did find out if the baby was male or female. My bad!) mother.

For once, I was actually able to secure FP+ options in a 'straight line' pattern and 'back-to-back-to-back' windows.

Next up was Festival of the Lion King. This show has been around since my first visit (2003) and is showing its age a bit, but it is still enjoyable and a nice break from the Florida sun. Not sure what they could or would replace this with, in this area, but they could update some of the segments. Change it up a bit just to have more reason for revisiting. Again, I still enjoy this show, but it is a once every two or three visit stop.

Time to continue my journey to a strange land far away...The 'back entrance' to Pandora is a really nice walk and is rarely heavily traveled. Do people not know it is there? In any event, it is nice for me. Still had a little time to kill before I could get in line for my FP+, so I grabbed a coffee and a lumpia and relaxed a bit. If you like pineapple and cream cheese, you really need to at least TRY one of these delicious treats!!!! My mouth is watering right now just thinking about it!!! LOL

Once again, stand-by queue was over 120 minutes, but with my FP+ I walked right on. (NOTE: I have no idea why, but my luck has been to be on spot 16 all 4 times I have been on this ride. Guess it is just the 'single rider' aspect of it.) Either they have tightened up the seats on this, or I have expanded a bit since my November trip, but the back restraint has been a bit harder to lock in this trip. Guess I need to work on the old mid-section!!! Once locked and loaded, we were ready to be linked with our ikran and fly the (sometimes not so) friendly skies of Pandora. On my first ride, I did not get any of the 4D effects, but on this ride, there were points where we were flying over water and misty areas, I felt a slight mist and got brief wisps of smells. (Of course, that could all have been in my head, as immersive as this ride can be!) Riding with people who had not yet been on this before is always fun. To see and hear their reactions and talk with them after the ride is hilarious. Often wide-eyed and incredulous, they just can't get over what they had just done. I remember being the same way after my first ride.

Decided to go back to the room after this to relax and get ready to walk miles around World Showcase in the evening....

One more evening around EPCOT...Figured I'd get a ride on Spaceship Earth to reminisce about the history of communication. Some glaring errors in the narration, that have always been there, but the storyline is good and the ride itself is enjoyable. Still wish they would do something with that ending. LOL

Kept missing all the meet and greets around World Showcase. Either I just missed them or the lines were already closed. Oh well, gives me something to come back for. So, instead I did a munchie run around the world with a few adult beverages along the way. No, I did not overdo it!! Hahahaaa It was a bit more comfortable for walking, so I made sure to hit what I could and not get burnt out before Illuminations. About half an hour before Illuminations started I found my spot beside the slushy kiosk in France and got a table and chair to relax at. This may still be my favorite nighttime show. Great music, good firework display and the Earth Globe to boot. My seating area isn't the best for viewing the globe, but I can still see everything going on with it.

After "We Go On" I let some of the crowd exit before starting to make my way out of the park. It is nice to be able to sit and watch the mass exodus without getting caught up in it. It is nice to take that long walk back to the bus queues with the World Showcase nearly empty.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a wonderful day.

What is the back way to Pandora? I'll have to use that.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Sounds like a wonderful day.

What is the back way to Pandora? I'll have to use that.
    In Africa -- Harambe Village, keep going pat the Lion King theater, past the bathrooms, the path continues to Pandora.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Another great report!
    Lingering in WS after Illuminations is one of my favorite things to do in all of WDW!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    In Africa -- Harambe Village, keep going pat the Lion King theater, past the bathrooms, the path continues to Pandora.
    Sweet!
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

We haven't yet taken that back path to Pandora but did notice the sign for it by the Lion King show on a trip there a few weeks ago.

What a terrific day from start to finish!!! Illuminations is such an enjoyable way to end a day.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: