Quantcast Flower & Garden Solo Shot -- Around the Dapper F&G World in 6 Days -- Day 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flower & Garden Solo Shot -- Around the Dapper F&G World in 6 Days -- Day 4

WARNING: I tend to write novels when a synopsis would do....

Day 4: Sunday, April 29, 2018 -- EP & AK

Cast of Characters: Me, myself and I -- 56 year old kid!!

Back to EPCOT this morning just to see what topiaries I might have missed, possibly get some character shots and ride whatever had short queues. Again, forgot today was Dapper Day in EPCOT!

Headed over to Mission Space and Test Track to see what things looked like and decided I had a need for speed, so Test Track won. Got in the Single Rider line and had no problems whatsoever in getting through and riding. One of these days I AM going to ride this at night. In all my trips, I have yet to do that. After the ride, in the showroom, I ran into someone who I had worked with for years and who had just retired this past October. Talk about "small world!" (Remember, I am from PA!)

Headed over to World Showcase and went on a boat ride searching for Donald, then over to Norway, to find a 30 minute stand-by for FEA. Yes, I got in line to try it again. This time, the queue seemed to move more quickly and there were no 'delay' announcements. Yippie!!! Got to go to Elsa's Summer Ice Palace and celebrate with the gang. Coming out, I decided to go through the Stave Church to see the new display. I was really pleased with what they had done and that it wasn't "Marvel-ized" in the slightest.

Evening was over at AK for Dinosaur, Flight of Passage and Rivers of Light FP+ options. Forgot just how much Dinosaur shakes a body up. Actually felt good on my back, until everything fell back into place. Hahahaaaa Made it back safe and sound, with our little passenger from the past. Upon returning from the past, it was time to head out to the future and make my way to the far off land of Pandora to fly on an ikran!! This was my first flight of this trip and would not be my last. I cannot say how much I enjoy this ride. The full immersion into the scene is outstanding. I am sure that at some point I will tire of this, but not yet!

Last FP+ option for the evening was Rivers of Light. Now, I had seen this show on my last trip from the stand-by seats on the Finding Nemo side of the theater. I just wanted a chance to see it 'front and center' to see if, and/or how it differed. Really, the stand-by seats are just as good as the FP+ seats. A slightly different angle, but everything is visible. Won't use an FP+ option on this next time. The show itself is marvelous. Very fitting with the theme of the park and visually stunning. All mist screens should be as clear and clean as these are.

A slow walk back to the Tree of Life to see what I can of the 'lighting' and what I saw impressed me. The lighting and projections are crisp and clear. Another well planned and laid out projection show. The additions to the Animal Kingdom displays and park in general have come off quite well and add to my overall enjoyment of this park. I know a lot of people think this is kind of a throw away park, but between World Showcase and Animal Kingdom, I could stay my whole trip and never get tired of them.

Another tiring, but satisfying day, so it's back to the room to get ready for my last 'full' day...

[Finally getting a little shorter with the reporting!! ]
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

No! Don't get shorter with the reporting!

I could spend days wandering through AK, looking at all the details.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

I agree about WS and AK; two of my favorites, especially when in a wander and wonder mood!
    Jeff

5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful day!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: