Quantcast Pre-trip report 2.0

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pre-trip report 2.0

Cast:
    Me - 1.5 shifts left at work and can't wait to get back to the World
    Zee - In training for when he brings his kids later this year.

The other two who were coming have come down with a bad case of "new relationship flakiness". Symptoms include making statements such as "I can't bear to be without him for even one night" and incessantly posting pics together on Facebook. The only known cure is time together, so my other friend and I are continuing on without them.

Sat. May 12 - Flying in
    We land at 1910. My plan is to pick up the rental car, hit a grocery store and then just relax at the timeshare for the night. In reality, I will probably be too excited and wind up going to Downtown Disney. Oh, I mean Disney Springs, because changing the name means so much . . .

Sat, May 13 - Epcot
    Our first fastpass is for Spaceship Earth at 0925. I figured the only appropriate first ride at Epcot for a newbie was the "giant golf ball". I hope to get a ride on Soarin' in before our 1330 fastpass for Test Track. Mission Space is at 1440.
    The rest of the day will be spent exploring World Showcase. Around 7 pm, I'll go get my mandatory schoolbread and grab some dinner to go from wherever we fill like getting it. Then I'll stake my claim on my favorite spot near Canada to watch Illuminations. We'll eat dinner and relish every delicious crumb of the schoolbread while waiting for Illuminations to start.

Mon, May 14 - DHS
    Sleeping in today. I'll have a hard time switching from night shift to sunshine, so I am going to take it easy most days.
    1130 - Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno on the Boardwalk. We have reservations here in October for the whole group to meet Rapunzel, Flynn Rider, Ariel and Prince Eric. We're going to scope it out and see if it is worth it.
    1530 - We have an appointment with C3PO to save the Galaxy from the evil Empire.
    1635 - We will probably be unpatriotic and stop in the middle while watching the Muppets
    At some point, we'll have another showdown on Toy Story Midway Mania and we'll try to find a good spot for Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular.

Tues, May 15 - MK
    0910 - We are joining Winnie the Pooh for breakfast at Crystal Palace to celebrate Friendship Day.
    1010 - With full tummies, we are off to pillage, plunder, rifle and loot in the Caribbean, but we'll still be loved by our mommies and dads.
    1115 - If we remember our death certificates, Madam Leota may allow us to become the last happy haunt.
    1220 - We are going to see the back side of water at the world famous Schweitzer Falls during our Jungle Cruise
    Other things on the list to do, 7 Dwarves Mine Train, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Peter Pan, Mickey's Philharmagic, Mickey Bars, Pecos Bill's, and maybe Splash Mountain if it is warm enough.

Wed, May 16 - Rest day
    1050 - O'hana's Best Friends Breakfast. Another new meal to try.
    I'm still going to tour the chocolate factory on I-drive. Chocolate, yum.
    1900 - Dinner at Raglan Road. I may or may not build up enough courage to try the Characters In Flight balloon ride.

Thurs, May 17 - AK
    0900 - We're going on Safari! Fastpass time is 0900 to 1000. I want to time it for around 0930. Hoping to see lots of animals
    1030 - Breakfast with Safari Mickey at Tusker House. We have the Rivers of Light dining package. I hope we can get a picture here with Simba in our hands.
    1205 - We're taking a watery expedition down Kali River. I expect Zee to act like a 6 year old like he did on Grizzly River Rapids
    2030 - Navy River Journey. We'll probably spend the early evening wandering around the new land. I haven't seen the movie, and I probably won't watch it before we go. The area looks like it could have a lot of photo potential though. I will only have my cellphone camera, but if it is that amazing, I'll bring a real camera next trip.
    2115 - Rivers of Light.
    Other hopefuls, Primeval Whirl, It's Tough To Be A Bug, Dinosaur, Festival of the Lion King, Maharajah Jungle Trek and maybe Flight of Passage

Fri, May 18 - Free day
    Probably just relax and see what the resort has to offer

Sat, May 19 - MK and fly out
    0915 - It is time to see which Space Ranger can beat Evil Emperor Zurg!
    1015 - It's a Small World after all
    1125 - Joining Mary Poppins and the Mad Hatter for a Supercalifragilistic Breakfast.
    1310 - Yo ho Yo Ho a pirate's life for me.
    My tradition is to do BTMRR, POTC and HM as the last things I do before I leave. I'll leave looking forward to the return trip in October.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2. Thanks faline thanked for this post
    Likes faline liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Well done itinerary. Very entertaining!
    Have a great trip!
    Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Looking forward to reading your post-trip report.
    (BTW -- I am just finishing up my post-trip report, so should have it up on here shortly.)

Enjoy!!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    Sounds like you have a great trip planned. Looking forward to reading your post-trip report.
    (BTW -- I am just finishing up my post-trip report, so should have it up on here shortly.)

Enjoy!!!
    Oh good. it will tide me over on the days between my last shift at work and when the plane takes off.

Post Thanks / Like

Everything looks great! I hope you enjoy the Bon Voyage breakfast more than we did. We found the food and the character interaction mediocre. Our feeling was it was not worth the cost. We will not be going back again
    The breakfast at Ohana's is a lot of fun. Characters have been great each time we have been there. Food is standard family style. BUt will refill as much as you want

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy 1 View Post
    Everything looks great! I hope you enjoy the Bon Voyage breakfast more than we did. We found the food and the character interaction mediocre. Our feeling was it was not worth the cost. We will not be going back again
    The breakfast at Ohana's is a lot of fun. Characters have been great each time we have been there. Food is standard family style. BUt will refill as much as you want
    The reason for going is that DD's fiancé's favorite movie is Tangled. He wants my GD to be dressed up like Rapunzel when she goes to the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. Do you think I should just keep the reservation for those three and the rest of us go somewhere else?

Post Thanks / Like

The main reason we tried it was the characters that were there. Maybe they were having an off day I don't know. I don't know what to tell you as far as only part of your group going and the rest going elsewhere. Please let me know how you like it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy 1 View Post
    The main reason we tried it was the characters that were there. Maybe they were having an off day I don't know. I don't know what to tell you as far as only part of your group going and the rest going elsewhere. Please let me know how you like it.
    Will do

Post Thanks / Like

Terrific plans!! Loved your pre-trip report!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: