Quantcast Back to Disney - Day 1 in the Parks AK part 1

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Back to Disney - Day 1 in the Parks AK part 1

The boys have fallen asleep and I'm about to, too! But before I do, a bit about today.
    We enjoyed a perfect breakfast in club level. Plenty of hard boiled eggs and salami for my son with Type I diabetes and of course delicious fruit and other treats.
    We took things slow and left for AK at 10:30 am. It took us an hour, driving, which was surprising since AKL is so close. The traffic getting in was backed up pretty significantly. With DH's foot we decided to pay the $23 for preferred parking (discounted from $45 since we are staying in property) and it was worth it. We made it with a little time to spare for our Tusker House lunch but they were running 25 min behind. So we enjoyed seeing a musician from Senegal play an instrument we learned about last summer during our Africa Unit Study, it was such a treat. We enjoyed the amazing lunch, there was a roasted cauliflower salad that was super delicious and I really liked the banana bread pudding. Character interactions were great. We then had fast passes for Lion King Festival and when we were chatting with a cast member on our way she heard about D's foot and had us skip the FP line and put us with the handicapped section. The show was as amazing - we love the monkeys acrobatics. Our older son was one of the children invited to play instruments with the performers and he hesitated at first but was brave and I could tell how well the cast members interacted with him and put him at ease. Afterwards we used our FP for the Safari ride and essentially walked on - amazing considering the crowds. Our younger son was especially thrilled to see the animals although both boys enjoyed it. We then took a break and decided to get my DH foot on ice and try to get more aggressive in treating my younger son's high glucose levels that taken with the heat were making him miserable.
    Teresa

10/2005 BCV Studio Honeymoon
    first time ever to WDW!

2. Likes PopPhan liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a great time, but that it came with a price. Afternoon breaks are always a great idea.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

You seem to be savoring each moment of your trip - even though you've needed to take things slowly!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]