Quantcast Best restuarant to celebrate birthdays/honeymoon/anniversaries

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Best restuarant to celebrate birthdays/honeymoon/anniversaries

I'm still on the fence about Hoop Dee Doo. I know they will make a big deal out of the birthdays/anniversaries/honeymoon we are celebrating, so I am inclined to go. The thought of trying to entertain 3 small children through the show isn't appealing at all. Are there any other restaurants that would be the same or better?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Honeymoon w/ the daughter right
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Honeymoon w/ the daughter right
    Yes, we are a VERY close family.

Post Thanks / Like

I honestly do not think any meal will celebrate them any more than HDDR. They always do things over the top. It is a longer show so I can see your concern with the little ones. The Luau calls people up for birthdays as well as couples. Kids also get called up. That might be more entertaining for the little ones plus if they get bored the beach and MK view is just outside the show area. Also a great spot to watch the Electrical Water Pagent and Fireworks. If you have several people interested in character interactions I would suggest 1900 Park Fare. They definitely made a big deal out of our birthday boy and I have read many people celebrating having a great time there. The food personally is a little hit or miss but the desserts are great and of course you are paying for the characters. Cali Grill is very pricey but it is a nice evening with of course the neverending view. I love love love HDDR but this trip we all enjoyed the Luau more. Tough call and honestly I think you will have a wonderful & magical trip no matter of your choice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by deedee73 View Post
    I honestly do not think any meal will celebrate them any more than HDDR. They always do things over the top. It is a longer show so I can see your concern with the little ones. The Luau calls people up for birthdays as well as couples. Kids also get called up. That might be more entertaining for the little ones plus if they get bored the beach and MK view is just outside the show area. Also a great spot to watch the Electrical Water Pagent and Fireworks. If you have several people interested in character interactions I would suggest 1900 Park Fare. They definitely made a big deal out of our birthday boy and I have read many people celebrating having a great time there. The food personally is a little hit or miss but the desserts are great and of course you are paying for the characters. Cali Grill is very pricey but it is a nice evening with of course the neverending view. I love love love HDDR but this trip we all enjoyed the Luau more. Tough call and honestly I think you will have a wonderful & magical trip no matter of your choice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    I have been toying with the idea of 1900 Park Fare. It is good to know that they do celebrations also.

Post Thanks / Like

I like the suggestion of 1900 Park Fare as well. I was just at California Grill for an anniversary dinner and it was quite nice but I think your kids would be bored. The Wave is still nice, a lower price point, and still has a similar menu to California Grill. Keep with HDD, or switch to the Luau or Park Fare.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

When my wife and I went to Disney several years ago and we were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. We were only there for three nights. We went to Whispering Canyon, Rose and Crown and Chefs de France. Of the three, Whispering Canyon was the best. We both got a glass of champagne with, I think, strawberries. Our waitress had me sing "You are my Sunshine" to my wife and brought the whole restaurant into the fun with I think having them say Happy Anniversary and listen to me sing. Rose and Crown was more subtle. We both got a free dessert. Chefs de France did not even acknowledge it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RBrooksC View Post
    When my wife and I went to Disney several years ago and we were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. We were only there for three nights. We went to Whispering Canyon, Rose and Crown and Chefs de France. Of the three, Whispering Canyon was the best. We both got a glass of champagne with, I think, strawberries. Our waitress had me sing "You are my Sunshine" to my wife and brought the whole restaurant into the fun with I think having them say Happy Anniversary and listen to me sing. Rose and Crown was more subtle. We both got a free dessert. Chefs de France did not even acknowledge it.
    That sounds amazing. I had already booked WCC, because one of my DDIL's LOVES ketchup.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    That sounds amazing. I had already booked WCC, because one of my DDIL's LOVES ketchup.
    You may want to do some research on WCC. I read somewhere that the antics have gone away.

Just don't want you to show up and be disappointed.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    You may want to do some research on WCC. I read somewhere that the antics have gone away.

Just don't want you to show up and be disappointed.
    I would be sad if that happened.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: