Quantcast Avengers: Infinity War. Who's in?
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,262
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Avengers: Infinity War. Who's in?

    Is anyone else stoked about going to see Infinity War in about 48 hours or less? I can't decide if I am more excited about this or Solo!
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBC, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    1,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Avengers.

    The Marvel movies have generally been great. Anyone else, is wrong.

    The SW movies, mediocre and take'me or most likely leave them. I'm in therapy to unsee Force Awakens.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  4. Likes baldburke liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    6,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Avengers.

    The Marvel movies have generally been great. Anyone else, is wrong.

    The SW movies, mediocre and take'me or most likely leave them. I'm in therapy to unsee Force Awakens.
    We must be seeing the same therapist.
    Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

    Stops on my quest to visit all 50 states
    AL, AK, AZ, CA, FL, GA, KS, KY, LA, MS, MO, MT, ND, NJ, NV, NM, NY, NC, ND, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA and WV.

  6. Likes baldburke liked this post
  7. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,262
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Avengers.

    The Marvel movies have generally been great. Anyone else, is wrong.

    The SW movies, mediocre and take'me or most likely leave them. I'm in therapy to unsee Force Awakens.
    I've been generally very pleased with the Marvel movies. The first GOTG, Civil War and Ragarok are among the best, but all have been above average. In fact, when we left GOTG for the first time I thought it was way better than the original SW (ep 4). I'm about 26 hours away and can't wait!
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBC, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT

  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    1,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    \In fact, when we left GOTG for the first time I thought it was way better than the original SW (ep 4). !
    You are dead to me.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  9. Likes baldburke liked this post
  10. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    6,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    In fact, when we left GOTG for the first time I thought it was way better than the original SW (ep 4). I'm about 26 hours away and can't wait!
    Must be a generational thing.
    Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

    Stops on my quest to visit all 50 states
    AL, AK, AZ, CA, FL, GA, KS, KY, LA, MS, MO, MT, ND, NJ, NV, NM, NY, NC, ND, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA and WV.

  11. Likes baldburke liked this post
  12. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    1,887
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Must be a generational thing.
    Are the Burkes millennials or something? Can't be, they went to WDW in 1982.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  13. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    6,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Are the Burkes millennials or something? Can't be, they went to WDW in 1982.
    Maybe it was a trip in utero
    Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

    Stops on my quest to visit all 50 states
    AL, AK, AZ, CA, FL, GA, KS, KY, LA, MS, MO, MT, ND, NJ, NV, NM, NY, NC, ND, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA and WV.

  14. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,262
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Are the Burkes millennials or something? Can't be, they went to WDW in 1982.
    Ha! No millennial here! Not that that's a bad thing!

    After seeing GOTG for the first time it was like two hours went by in a flash. There were no slow parts to the movie. The effects were as good as any other sci fi / superhero movie, but the story and the acting were great! I just hadn't seen a movie like it in a really long time.

    The original Star Wars story was good and the effects were great for the time (although I would prefer to see the original vs. the re-imaged version). Of course it changed movies forever. However it was kind of like a TV show pilot as compared to any of the other Star Wars movies. The story alludes to the greater SW world very shallowly and the characters didn't really develop until the later movies.

    We really like Star Wars and I plan to be there opening night for Solo. In fact, I may even be more stoked for it with the virtual trifecta of Ford/Howard/Lucas hearkening back to American Graffiti. But Marvel has so much to offer with Infinity War and so many great characters coming together.
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBC, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT

  15. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    6,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    Ha! No millennial here! Not that that's a bad thing!

    After seeing GOTG for the first time it was like two hours went by in a flash. There were no slow parts to the movie. The effects were as good as any other sci fi / superhero movie, but the story and the acting were great! I just hadn't seen a movie like it in a really long time.

    The original Star Wars story was good and the effects were great for the time (although I would prefer to see the original vs. the re-imaged version). Of course it changed movies forever. However it was kind of like a TV show pilot as compared to any of the other Star Wars movies. The story alludes to the greater SW world very shallowly and the characters didn't really develop until the later movies.

    We really like Star Wars and I plan to be there opening night for Solo. In fact, I may even be more stoked for it with the virtual trifecta of Ford/Howard/Lucas hearkening back to American Graffiti. But Marvel has so much to offer with Infinity War and so many great characters coming together.
    Ok. I have no explanation then. I remember being mesmerized with Star Wars Episode 4 as a kid. I thought GOTG was ok but not spectacular.
    Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

    Stops on my quest to visit all 50 states
    AL, AK, AZ, CA, FL, GA, KS, KY, LA, MS, MO, MT, ND, NJ, NV, NM, NY, NC, ND, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA and WV.

  16. Likes baldburke liked this post
  17. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,262
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Did anyone see it? It was awesome, but who can wait a whole year for part two?
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBC, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT

  18. Likes Laurenpetro liked this post
  19. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    6,310
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I saw it. It was ok. My roommate enjoyed it a lot more than I did.
    Be still and know that I am God - Psalm 46:10

    Stops on my quest to visit all 50 states
    AL, AK, AZ, CA, FL, GA, KS, KY, LA, MS, MO, MT, ND, NJ, NV, NM, NY, NC, ND, OK, OR, PA, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA and WV.

  20. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Saw it Thursday night. Loved it.

    Are we posting spoilers?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wilmington DE
    Posts
    1,262
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurenpetro View Post
    Saw it Thursday night. Loved it.

    Are we posting spoilers?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    With $641M in sales then I would say it's fair game! I say go for it. I would enjoy hearing your thoughts. Is there anyway to edit the title of this thread to denote potential spoilers?
    Beth & David

    09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBC, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site