Quantcast Ak 20th Dooney and Burke purses

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ak 20th Dooney and Burke purses

OMG ya'll did you see the new Dooney and Burke purses for the 20th Animal Kingdom release yesterday? I'm very much not a $300 purse person, but....I might have one of these bad boys on their way to me. (And I'm glad I ordered early yesterday-they were sold out by noon.)
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Very cute, which one did you get?
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I just can't pull the trigger on the Dooney purses. They are SUPER cute and I love the patterns but then I feel like outside of the parks in my boring every day life they might be a little too flashy for my taste. I have a pretty crazy Disney wallet that I love, but I think I would like more subtle patterns on a $300 purse I'm going to use for a long time.

My sister bought the Haunted Mansion Dooney purse which is actually pretty low-key. It's just black with the purple wallpaper pattern, so anyone that doesn't know Disney wouldn't realize what it is. But I can't get the same one or she'll accuse me of copying her! They need to make more patterns like that. Subtle, where only Disney geeks will recognize it. Like a subtle pattern of Spaceship Earth's texture... or the pattern painted on the outside of Carousel of Progress. THOSE I would spend $300 on.
    ~ Carolyn ~ aka "CANADA!"
    Every year since 1979! Annual Passholder in CANADA!

* Old Key West
    * Saratoga Springs
    * Boardwalk
    * Coronado Springs
    * Contemporary & Bay Lake Tower
    * Caribbean Beach
    * Port Orleans Riverside
    * Fort Wilderness
    * Pop Century
    * All Star Music Movies & Sports

5. Thanks Isabella thanked for this post
    Likes Isabella liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I just can't pull the trigger on the Dooney purses. They are SUPER cute and I love the patterns but then I feel like outside of the parks in my boring every day life they might be a little too flashy for my taste. I have a pretty crazy Disney wallet that I love, but I think I would like more subtle patterns on a $300 purse I'm going to use for a long time.

My sister bought the Haunted Mansion Dooney purse which is actually pretty low-key. It's just black with the purple wallpaper pattern, so anyone that doesn't know Disney wouldn't realize what it is. But I can't get the same one or she'll accuse me of copying her! They need to make more patterns like that. Subtle, where only Disney geeks will recognize it. Like a subtle pattern of Spaceship Earth's texture... or the pattern painted on the outside of Carousel of Progress. THOSE I would spend $300 on.
    I have the 40th anniversary (I think it was 40th) Disney purse and I get compliments all the time! I own lots of purses and bags and this is the only bag I ever get compliments on. It's got brown leather straps and trim with a tan background and lots of park logos. It's not too in your face, as the colors are mostly neutral.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I can't bring myself to spend the equivalent of my monthly mortgage payment on a purse.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I have the 40th anniversary (I think it was 40th) Disney purse and I get compliments all the time! I own lots of purses and bags and this is the only bag I ever get compliments on. It's got brown leather straps and trim with a tan background and lots of park logos. It's not too in your face, as the colors are mostly neutral.
    I have the 40th messenger bag too and it's my favorite for running errands. Still looks as good as new after all this time.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    I have the 40th messenger bag too and it's my favorite for running errands. Still looks as good as new after all this time.
    I agree, they look brand new still! I bought my 40th bucket tote as my Christmas gift on our 2011 Christmas trip. mostly used my rewards from my Disney Visa for the purchase. Over 6 years later I still love it! I also have the "buttons" messenger that I pretty much only use on Disney trips and that one looks like it just came off the shelf! That one has been on about 8 trips between WDW\DL\Universal and it's in perfect condition still!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Yes I got a messenger one from 2016 Food and Wine festival and it looks brand new but I'm actually going to sell it to help cover the cost of the new one (I bought the biggest one) I actually hate the style/layout of the one I have now. It's very narrow and my wallet and phone catch on the inside pockets and don't slide in well. I get tons of compliments on the one I have now. My only fear honestly is that someone might steal it.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Post Thanks / Like

My 4 kids got together about 7 years ago and bought me the huge Sketch tote. I love it and get so many compliments on it. The only draw back is that it is really heavy, even empty, so I don't use it all the time. This started me down the dark path of Disney accessories for which I'm seeing a counselor, not! For park use, I go with Vera Bradley Disney, lighter and washable and much less expensive. Doesn't mean I spend less, I just buy more!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Isabella View Post
    My 4 kids got together about 7 years ago and bought me the huge Sketch tote. I love it and get so many compliments on it. The only draw back is that it is really heavy, even empty, so I don't use it all the time. This started me down the dark path of Disney accessories for which I'm seeing a counselor, not! For park use, I go with Vera Bradley Disney, lighter and washable and much less expensive. Doesn't mean I spend less, I just buy more!
    Ha! Yes I also have a few of the Vera mini hipsters in Disney prints that I also use on vacation (gotta have options to match the outfits). My favorite Vera Bradley Disney set is my huge duffle with matching tote and cosmetic case. I can fit so much in the duffle! And who doesn't love Disney luggage for Disney trips!
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Ya'll the bag is here and it's AMAZING, even better than the picture and the inside is bright RED! My favorite color!
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Post Thanks / Like

I love the Disney Dooney purses and have a few but the one I use daily is the black leather one that is embossed with Disney Icons, you really have to look hard to realize it's Disney. @Buttercup it might be a good option for you, I have to tell people it's a Disney bag.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    "My sister bought the Haunted Mansion Dooney purse which is actually pretty low-key. It's just black with the purple wallpaper pattern, so anyone that doesn't know Disney wouldn't realize what it is. But I can't get the same one or she'll accuse me of copying her! "
    WELL my Haunted Mansion purse is actually starting to wear out on the one corner, so maybe if I get myself a new pattern, then you could get yourself the Haunted Mansion one. Lol!

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

16. Thanks Isabella thanked for this post
    Likes Isabella liked this post