Quantcast Hollywood Studios FastPass Tier

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hollywood Studios FastPass Tier

So I'm going to assume that Hollywood Studios will make their new Slinky Dog and Alien Spin rides as FP...possibly splitting the two into different tiers. What do you think the groupings will be? Example:

Choose one of the following:
    - Tower
    - Rockin'
    - Toy Story Mania
    - Slinky Dog

Choose 2 of the following:
    - everything else...

?????? For example they only let you choose ONE of the Pandora rides for a FP ...what's your theory thoughts on this???! Thanks! LLH
    Raising a Disney Family the best way I know how...takin' them ALL the time! :-)
    Fav Ride = Soarin'
    Fav Park = ...uh all of them?
    Fav Character = Minnie Mouse
    ~ One shoe can change your life ~ Cinderella

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Initially, I agree with your grouping. This may take either ToT or RnRC off of Tier 1, but I doubt it. Slinky Dog, being a coaster, will undoubtedly be a Tier 1 ride.

UPDATE:

Just saw this posted by Wendy at Magical Journeys:

FastPass+ for Toy Story Land opens for WDW Resort Guests today!

The two new attractions in Toy Story Land are Tier 1 attractions.
    You may select 1 of these attractions:
    • Alien Swirling Saucers
    • Slinky Dog Dash
    • Toy Story Mania

Tier 2 attractions (may select 2) will include:
    • Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
    • Disney Junior Live on Stage!
    • Fantasmic!
    • For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
    • Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
    • Muppet*Vision 3D
    • Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
    • Star Tours
    • Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    • Voyage of the Little Mermaid
    So, I guess both ToT AND RnRC go off the Tier 1 listing....At least for now.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Okay so now the question is...what are the wait lines gonna be like for Slinky Dog & Alien Spin? Indoors or outdoors....cuz waiting outdoors doesn't sound fun...
    Raising a Disney Family the best way I know how...takin' them ALL the time! :-)
    Fav Ride = Soarin'
    Fav Park = ...uh all of them?
    Fav Character = Minnie Mouse
    ~ One shoe can change your life ~ Cinderella

Post Thanks / Like

I'm pretty sure RnRC and TOT are currently NOT Tier one attractions at HS. It looks like they will not be elevated to that status based on this update. i sure hope that's the case.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyLee View Post
    Okay so now the question is...what are the wait lines gonna be like for Slinky Dog & Alien Spin? Indoors or outdoors....cuz waiting outdoors doesn't sound fun...
    I have no clue if these lines will be indoors or out, but I had imagined they would both be outdoors. For whatever reason I was thinking Alien Spin's line would be like the teacups at MK, and was imagining Slink Dog set up similar to Goofy's Rollercoaster. But I honestly have no idea, these were just my thoughts.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    I'm pretty sure RnRC and TOT are currently NOT Tier one attractions at HS. It looks like they will not be elevated to that status based on this update. i sure hope that's the case.
    I recently made my FP for our late May trip and RNRC was tier one like its always been, and ToT was tier 2 like it's been for several years. It is misunderstanding that once Toy Story land opens the three rides in Toy Story land will be tier one and everything else tier 2.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I recently made my FP for our late May trip and RNRC was tier one like its always been, and ToT was tier 2 like it's been for several years. It is misunderstanding that once Toy Story land opens the three rides in Toy Story land will be tier one and everything else tier 2.
    This is my understanding also as that is what Concierge guest 90+ day FP are reporting.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

While I won't swear to it, I think you are wrong that there is a misunderstanding. The reason you saw the traditional FastPass tiers for your May trip is that Toy Story Land isn't opened yet so the new tiers are not in effect.

The new tiers have been reported by Concierge Resort level guests who can book FastPasses 90 days in advance, and so they can see new tiers, which have been posted on various other websites as follows (effective June 30, 2018):

As reported elsewhere...

... Club Level members staying at Walt Disney World Resort have been able to buy “Theme Park Extras” since January, and part of that perk is the ability to book FastPass+ reservations 90 days in advance. Well, we have now entered the 90-day window that includes the opening of Toy Story Land at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and these Club Level guests are able to book FastPass+ for Alien Swirling Saucers and Slinky Dog Dash for dates June 30 and after. The tiered FastPass+ is at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, similar to Epcot and Animal Kingdom’s tier system. This means that guests will only be able to make one FastPass+ selection for attractions in Tier 1.

TIER 1 select one attraction
    Alien Swirling Saucers
    Slinky Dog Dash
    Toy Story Mania

Tier 2 select two attractions
    Beauty and the Beast – Live on Stage
    Disney Junior Live on Stage!
    Fantasmic!
    For the First Time in Forever: A Frozen Sing-Along Celebration
    Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular
    Muppet*Vision 3D
    Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster
    Star Tours
    Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
    Voyage of the Little Mermaid

EDIT!! I just realized that I believe buzznwoodysmom meant to say "it is my understanding" instead of "It's misunderstanding" so my entire post is mute if that is the case. I also missed until the reread that PopPhan had already posted the same data I did. Sorry for the duplication.

10. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha! Yes. Auto correct changed "it is my understanding" to "misunderstanding", and I didn't catch it till just now.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Oh man. That’s going to be tough. The only rides my kids want to go on are TSL rides at this point. We have a DAS so juggling them is possible but this is going to hurt.

Oh well, there are worse problems to have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laurenpetro View Post
    Oh man. That’s going to be tough. The only rides my kids want to go on are TSL rides at this point. We have a DAS so juggling them is possible but this is going to hurt.

Oh well, there are worse problems to have!

Yeah, it may be a little tough because pretty much everyone is going to want to ride those rides as well. Your in the same boat as everyone else!

I imagine it will play out like Pandora at AK. If you want to ride all of the Toy Story Land rides you'll most likely need to be at the park at least an hour prior to opening and standby one ride, then use your FP for the other ride. With TSL having 3 rides, all tier one, there won't really be a fool proof way to get around waiting in a significant line for at least one of them. At least at Pandora there are only two rides, FP one and standby the other first thing. I would guess that, initially, Toy Story Mania will be the one with the lowest wait because it's not new. Actually since you will have a DAS you will have a slight advantage over the average guest in this case.
    Denise

14. Likes Laurenpetro liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it may be a little tough because pretty much everyone is going to want to ride those rides as well. Your in the same boat as everyone else!

I imagine it will play out like Pandora at AK. If you want to ride all of the Toy Story Land rides you'll most likely need to be at the park at least an hour prior to opening and standby one ride, then use your FP for the other ride. With TSL having 3 rides, all tier one, there won't really be a fool proof way to get around waiting in a significant line for at least one of them. At least at Pandora there are only two rides, FP one and standby the other first thing. I would guess that, initially, Toy Story Mania will be the one with the lowest wait because it's not new. Actually since you will have a DAS you will have a slight advantage over the average guest in this case.
    Are you my husband? He said the exact same thing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Laurenpetro View Post
    Are you my husband? He said the exact same thing!

Haha! Great minds think alike!
    Denise

17. Likes Laurenpetro liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: