Quantcast Flower & Garden Solo Shot -- Pre-Trip musings

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Flower & Garden Solo Shot -- Pre-Trip musings

Doing the Single Digit Dance!!

Alrighty then!!!
    Cast of characters: Me, myself, and I - 56, going on 15, and loving the solo trips!

9 short days until I am back in 'The World' and so looking forward to getting out of the "I can't make up my mind if it's Spring, Summer or Winter" April we are having. Friday and Saturday were in the mid-80's, but we are having snow flurries today! Go figure!

In any event, I will be (hopefully) riding the DME bus to Pop by this time in nine days, getting ready for a 'short' 6-day trip for Flower & Garden. Got all my FP+ options locked and loaded (including 2 for FoP) and have my daily schedule all laid out. Let's see how closely I can stick to the plan.

Thursday, April 26 - Arrival Day!
    Wake up at (or as close as possible to) 2am to get this trip started. Have to leave the house by 3:30 to be in Baltimore for a 6:15am flight. Around 8:30am I arrive in Orlando and make my way to the DME bus terminal for my ride to Disney's Pop Century Resort!
    Drop my backpack at the baggage handler at Pop and make my way to the buses.

First planned stop: EPCOT for a bite to eat, a Magner's Pear Cider and a pic or two at Gary's Column. This is becoming/has become my tradition.
    Depending upon my timing, I may hit the EPCOT Character Stop for some pics, pick up my Minnie Passholder Magnet, and maybe a ride or two - crowds allowing....

Somewhere after 2pm, I need to make my way toward DHS for my FastPass+ selections. Due to the vagaries of the FP+ selection process, I ended up with Star Tours at 3:05, but a 3 hour break before Tower of Terror, followed quickly by Fantasmic! Never got FP+ seating for Fantasmic! before, so this could be interesting.
    After Fantasmic! (if I can hold out even that long) it will be back to Pop to get some rest.

Friday, April 27
    MK morning. Had this planned even before I saw that there was an EMH morning here today. Don't know that I'll get up early enough for that, but I already have FP+ options for Haunted Mansion, Tinker Bell Meet & Greet (may try to get Mickey while I'm there as well) and Perter Pan's Flight. Anything else will be 'walk-on' and that's fine by me.

EP afternoon/evening. May try to get a FP+ for Illuminations for later, but I'm just winging it here and hoping to get to see Blood, Sweat & Tears (featuring Bo Bice) this evening. If I can get Passholder entry bands, great, otherwise, I can stand in line or just enjoy from behind the seating area.

Saturday, April 28 (Dapper Day - MK)
    AK morning. FP+ options for Na'vi River Journey, Kilimanjaro Safaris, and Expedition Everest. Plenty of time between reservations to enjoy the park. I really like AK anyway, so the addition of Pandora gets me here 3 times on this trip.

MK evening. No, I'm not dressing the part, but I have never been down for Dapper Days, so I will be gawking around, checking out the 'festive' visitors. Hoping to be in the park before 3pm, so that I can see the Festival of Fantasy Parade, as I have missed this on my last 2 trips. Plan is to hang around and hit rides/shows/ etc. for the evening and catch Happily Ever After Fireworks this evening. Believe it or not, I missed these on my last trip as well. (What the heck DID I do on my last trip? LOL) Park is open until midnight, but I may turn into a pumpkin long before that. We shall see.....

Sunday, April 29 (Dapper Day - EP)
    Uh oh....I had planned an EPCOT morning! This MAY change, but for right now, this is still the plan. My FP+ options are for AK later in the evening, so this is not etched in stone.

AK evening. As I said, my FP+ options are for Dinosaur, FoP and Rivers of Light. Last trip I was on FoP twice and I made sure to get at least two more rides on this for this trip. This is number one. Great ride and worth that use of a FP+ option, but I don't know about waiting in ANY queue for more than an hour. Did Rivers of Light on a whim on my last trip and really enjoyed the show. I was seated all the way back against the wall by the entrance across from Finding Nemo. Looking to see what FP+ seating is like...May bring my Gear 360 rig for this. I have a headband mount that works nicely if I want a 180 degree view. Not sure what I'm going to do after this show, as the park is open until 10:30pm.

Monday, April 30
    AK morning. Yes, kill me now! Closing the park one night and opening it back up the next morning at 8am!! I must be crazy!! FP+ for Safaris, Festival of The Lion King, and FoP all before noon. I like the safari first thing in the morning as the animals seem to be more active, just getting their breakfast.

DHS evening. This is planned simply to get the chance to see the Disney Movie Magic projection show and the Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular fireworks. I might not show up until later in the evening so that I can catch up on some rest after leaving AK around noon. (I am getting older, you know!!!!)

Tuesday, May 1 (May Day! May Day!!) - Departure Day ):
    EP morning. Yes, I am doing a park on my departure day. Flight doesn't leave until 8pm, so I won't need to be back to Pop for my DME bus until around 4:30 - 5:00...FP+ options here are rather iffy, but I did get Frozen Ever After at 9am, Mission Space, and Disney & Pixar Short Film Festival (WHY? Because it was there and the lesser of the Tier 1 evils!! LOL) Should actually be finished up with these by 11:30am, so my last 4 hours or so are up for grabs. May hit another park, may go to Disney Springs (although I was sorely disappointed on my last visit) or may just go back to the resort and find a place to take a nap! LOL

Back to work bright and ugly Wednesday morning!!! I think I'm going to need a vacation to get over my vacation!! But, as always, it will be well worth it!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it will be a fun trip!! Lucky you - to get all those rides on Flight of Passage with fastpasses!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by faline View Post
    Sounds like it will be a fun trip!! Lucky you - to get all those rides on Flight of Passage with fastpasses!!
    Surprisingly, I was able to book even more FoP FP+ options, but I turned them down. I always (OK, last 2 visits) start with my last day and work backward to get FP+ options. Staying on property gives me the 60 +10 day window, so maybe that's a bit of a bonus. LOL
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a great trip ... can't wait to read your trip report.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a fun trip. I am too chicken to ever try a solo trip. But I imagine its so fun to just do whatever you want!

Looking forward to hearing about Flower and Garden. We were there for F&G last year and really enjoyed it. We are catching the tail end of it this year and arranged our parks schedule specifically to get one day at F&G.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

This trip we are at same resort, same dates. For early morning MK day maybe we can meet at bus stop for first bus to MK and talk on the way? I will plan to be at bus stop around 7 am ( or a couple minutes before).
    We'll Go On....Off To Neverland

Wishes!

It's A Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow....Where Dreams Really Do Come True

Never Forget It was All Started By A Mouse....TTFN

8. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Katzateer View Post
    This trip we are at same resort, same dates. For early morning MK day maybe we can meet at bus stop for first bus to MK and talk on the way? I will plan to be at bus stop around 7 am ( or a couple minutes before).
    Believe it or not, that is actually the park I had planned to be in that morning (Friday)!!! IF I can get up early enough, I will try to make it. Thursday is going to be a LONG day -- 6:15am flight (getting up at 2am to leave the house by 3:30 for the airport, and I have FP+ for Fantasmic! to end the night.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

So tempted to order these for Queen Elsa and Princess Anna!!!!

https://www.hersheysstore.com/img/pr...hsy-011991.jpg

I think they would LOVE it!!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to hear what you think of the Festival of Fantasy Parade. I'm excited to see the dragon in a few weeks.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

12. Likes PopPhan liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: