Quantcast Best day Sunday or Monday?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Question Best day Sunday or Monday?

We have our first trip planned for Disneyland. Which day would you recommend we visit each park if you had a Sunday and Monday to pick from? Should we do Disneyland on sunday or Monday? Also then should we do California Adventure Sunday or Monday?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I am no expert. I've only been there 3 times. However, I seem to recall that weekends are generally busier because of the locals. If it's the summer time or during Spring Break, it may be irrelevant.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ariel03 View Post
    We have our first trip planned for Disneyland. Which day would you recommend we visit each park if you had a Sunday and Monday to pick from? Should we do Disneyland on sunday or Monday? Also then should we do California Adventure Sunday or Monday?
    It depends on when you are going to be there. Sunday’s are usually busier then Monday but they are always busy. Disneyland is usually busier then California Adventure. Check hours. Find out what rides you want to do and go from there. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

As mentioned, somewhat depends on the time of year and current park hours.

I would recommend a park hopper ticket. The two parks are very close together (entrances are across a shared plaza) and you can maximize your day by moving from one park to another if one gets more crowded due to special entertainment or seasonal event.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

The dates I am looking at are Sunday May 6th & Monday May 7th.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ariel03 View Post
    The dates I am looking at are Sunday May 6th & Monday May 7th.
    Disneyland is open until midnight on Sunday then 10:00 on Monday. California Adventure closes at 10:00 on Sunday and 9:00 on Monday. Hopper tickets are wonderful but cost extra. I guess it depends on how late you want to stay out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Arrow

It looks like Disney California Adventure has the Extra Magic Hours both days you are there. That could drive some crowds if they were on different days.

World of Color is dark for your visit and Fantasmic! is only offered on Sunday at Disneyland Park.

The New Pixar Fireworks show for both Sunday and Monday of your visit.

If you want to see Fantasmic! and don't want to park hop, you would need to do Disneyland on Sunday and Disney California Adventure on Monday.

If you are not interested in Fantasmic! and want to avoid more crowds, I would recommend switching to California Adventure on Sunday and Disneyland on Monday (the crowds would likely be reversed).

To see both nighttime shows, you would need to get a park hopper and hop back to Disneyland on Monday to see the Pixar Fireworks.

Personally, I think Fantasmic! is a must to at Disneyland. The show is much more intimate seeing it on the Rivers of America and recently has some new features not-yet at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

9. Thanks magicofdisney thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Figment! View Post
    It looks like Disney California Adventure has the Extra Magic Hours both days you are there. That could drive some crowds if they were on different days.

World of Color is dark for your visit and Fantasmic! is only offered on Sunday at Disneyland Park.

The New Pixar Fireworks show for both Sunday and Monday of your visit.

If you want to see Fantasmic! and don't want to park hop, you would need to do Disneyland on Sunday and Disney California Adventure on Monday.

If you are not interested in Fantasmic! and want to avoid more crowds, I would recommend switching to California Adventure on Sunday and Disneyland on Monday (the crowds would likely be reversed).

To see both nighttime shows, you would need to get a park hopper and hop back to Disneyland on Monday to see the Pixar Fireworks.

Personally, I think Fantasmic! is a must to at Disneyland. The show is much more intimate seeing it on the Rivers of America and recently has some new features not-yet at Disney's Hollywood Studios.
    Awesome detail thanks! Does Disneyland have accommodations for people who can't sit on the ground?
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Isabella
    Does Disneyland have accommodations for people who can't sit on the ground?
    There are (or at least use to be) benches available for Guests needing such accommodations.

My Mom sprained her knee on one Disneyland trip and a Cast Member told her that she could get a Pass from Guest Services on the day-of the show to sit on one of these benches.

This was several years ago, so I am not sure if this policy has changed. One of our Disneyland local INTERCOTee's may be able to give you a more current answer.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: