Quantcast Several downtown Disney businesses being demolished for new hotel.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Several downtown Disney businesses being demolished for new hotel.

Locally, it has been reported in the news that Disneyland will be demolishing several downtown Disney businesses to make room for a new yet to be named hotel.

Employee's of the following businesses were notified on Tuesday that their business was scheduled to be demolished:

AMC 12 Theater
    ESPN Zone
    Rainforest Cafe
    Earl of Sandwich
    Alamo Rent-a-car
    Starbucks
    and Disney's DVC and Walt Disney Travel locations.

Pretty much, everything west of the Lego store and Disneyland drive is being demolished up to the Disneyland Hotel property line.

There are rumors that some of these locations might re-open inside the new Hotel. No word as to which shops at this time. Earl of Sandwich would by my top pick to make sure it comes back!

It is expected all businesses will be closed by June 30th. Though, some are likely to close earlier.

Disneyland currently has 3 hotels on site. The Disneyland Hotel, The Grand Californian and Paradise Pier. With the growing attendance and expected attendance with the new Star Wars land, its a no-brainer to add another hotel.

It is rumored the new hotel will have a monorail stop and include a new restaurant / lounge that will have a prime viewing area for the Disneyland fireworks.

Disney owned ESPN zone employee's are being offered cash bonuses starting at $500 to stay until the last day of operations. These employee's are also being offered severance packages and help finding jobs at other locations at the resort.
    Disneyland: many, MANY times!
    WDW:POR POFQ BWV WLV ASMu POLY

Am I a huge disney fan? YOU BETCHA! I blame it all on my parents! They are the one's that walked around Disneyland all day to induce labor! Yep, I've been going to Disneyland since the day before I was born!

2. Thanks Figment!, ibelieveindisneymagic thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow! That's a lot of big places to go! I guess that's what you gotta do to find real estate at Disneyland.

*Disneyland Paris Hotel
    *Grand Floridian
    *Disneyland Hotel
    *Boardwalk Inn *Bay Lake Tower
    *Contemporary *Old Key West
    *Polynesian Resort *Animal Kingdom Lodge
    * Port Orleans French Quarter
    * Fort Wilderness
    *Art of Animation * Pop Century
    * All Star Movies, Music & Sports

Post Thanks / Like

On the one hand I'm shocked. These are big name retailers. I suppose they can just be relocated. For instance, they can easily place a Starbucks and Alamo in the new hotel's lobby. But the theater?

Is it not cost effective to just build up? As in, place the hotel above these, while they become the first floor of the hotel building? Just thinking out loud here.
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post

Is it not cost effective to just build up? As in, place the hotel above these, while they become the first floor of the hotel building? Just thinking out loud here.
    Probably not, structurally it may be impossible. Even if it was possible, for safety reasons they would still have to close all of these businesses till the construction was completed.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: