Quantcast Got my fastpasses for my upcoming trip!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got my fastpasses for my upcoming trip!

But I was a little disappointed - I had thought there would be more times available, so that I could do my fastpasses one after the other, but it didn't work out that way - I might get one for 9:10, and then the next available fastpass for ANY ride would be at, like, 10:50....so I have about a 5-6 hour span and probably won't be able to get any more while I'm in the park. :-( BUT at least I got Flights of Passage on the second day of my trip, so that's a big win!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Keep rolling the wheel until your trip, never know what you'll find. We do that, and almost always improve our times.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

I would be surprised if you could not get any more fastpasses the day while on your trip. My DD and her roommates get fastpasses day of all the time. Have even scored things like mine train the morning of. They have not had problems since the crowds have been building for spring break. Hopefully you will get the ones you want

Post Thanks / Like

Did you try editing your FP (other than FOP)? I find that when I go in and display all available times I can make them more towards my liking.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

When you make your initial FP selections, you don't get the option to choose specific times you want to see - you only see the times that Disney wants you to see. Those times are selected for you based on Disney's attempt to balance loads across all attractions at all times. You are NOT seeing the entire inventory of available FPs across all attractions.

Choose any time that shows up for the attraction(s) you want. Then, once you have secured your FPs, use the modify FP function to change the times to something that is more in line with your wishes. The modify process gives you the option to look for a specific time. So that 10:50 FP can be changed to 10:10 (the earliest you'll be able to make one since you already have a 9:10). With the exception of 7DMT, PP, and FoP, you shouldn't have a problem changing times and clustering them one after the other.

Oh, and as soon as you've scanned in for that 9:10 FP, you can try to change the 10:10 one to something even earlier. I've had excellent results doing that at all times of the day.

And as already mentioned, keep checking regularly and modifying until you get what you want.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

7. Thanks Isabella thanked for this post
    Likes Isabella liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome advice, everyone! Thanks very much :-) Here's a horror story for you - I have an acquaintance who is going in July. She thinks I'm insane and "absolutely no fun" to vacation with. She is big on spontaneity and sleeping in, and doing what you feel like in the moment of. She will not believe me that Disney is different (I was her on my first vacation -thank god it was early December and low crowds. It was still a disaster). I do feel sorry for her six year old, though!
    Edited to say - I did some rearranging and I'm MUCH happier with times. The only thing that can't be altered is the weirdness that is Flights of Passage - but I'll keep checking back. Right now it forces us to return to the park after going home for a swim and a nap, but that isn't terrible either!

Post Thanks / Like

Made my FP+ picks a couple weeks ago and was able to get FoP on consecutive days near the end of my stay. Could have had more, but decide twice on a 6 day trip was enough. For some reason, I have been very lucky and gotten pretty much everything I wanted at reasonable times.

The only real 'hassle' I see with the FP+ picks is that you have to have at least an hour between each elected attraction. I like to get to the attraction at the beginning of the window, so this leaves me a lot of 'unused' time in between FP+ windows. The original system let you get another FP as soon as you used the one you had open. I guess that is a small price to pay for being able to select ahead of time.

Congrats, mom2morgan, for being able to adjust some of your times to make them more suitable.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, you have to book your FP in hour blocks, but once you use the first one, oftentimes you can move the next one "up" on the app. My DH would laugh at me a couple of times, when I was madly making FP+ changes in the FP line, but then he was quite happy when we'd get off the ride and I'd say "and our next FP is ready RIGHT NOW".
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: