Quantcast Booking a DVC Stay for Non DVC Members

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Booking a DVC Stay for Non DVC Members

Has anyone booked a vacation through a DVC rental website? Is it straight forward? Is it a good idea?

Usually we get free dining and stay at POP, but was hoping to stay at the Contemporary this year, and trying to decide between Free Dining, Room Discount, or DVC Rental.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

5 years ago I rented additional points for a large group of family members for our 50th anniversary. I went though The Time Share Store (a Intercot sponsor at the time). As I was a DVC member it was handled as a transfer of points. I asked for and paid for Old Key West points but what the owner of the points transferred was 35% OKW and 65% Saratoga Springs points. As the agency handling the transaction The Time Share Store was unable to do anything to correct the error. After many hours and very understanding member service cast members I was able to correct the problem.
    Would I ever again rent points? Oh, heck NO.
    KAY

DVC MEMBER - OKW & HHI
    First trip to WDW - Dec, 2005
    Last visit to Disneyland - 2014

First trip to Disneyland - 1955

Post Thanks / Like

I did it once a few years ago on a site I found online. Did it work out perfectly? Yes, in my case it did. I hopefully won't use that again, but wouldn't hesitate to use it if I needed to rent out the points. Just google the site for reviews and you'll have a pretty good idea if it will work for you.
    30+ trips; DCV owner at Beach Club Villas; 4 Disney cruises; 2 trips to Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks so much for the opinion. I want this trip to be just perfect as my parents will be with us and our kids, so I'm going all in.

Post Thanks / Like

We've done it for our upcoming trip. There isn't any availability directly from Disney, and my husband really wants to stay at OKW, so we've rented points. So far, it was super easy and straightforward. We also used one of the "big" rental sites and we selected our dates and resort, and they replied in less than 24 hours. We did have to wait a few days for them to be able to fulfil the request, but it came through and we're looking forward to our stay.

Even if there had been availability from Disney, the cost of the room was MUCH less by renting the points.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: