Quantcast Charging Resort Guests for Overnight Parking - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    As a guest who always drives this is exactly how I feel as well. I am paying for a service I have never used (DME), which I am certain is just hidden within the resort rates. And now I must pay to park my car which will likely never move. This one makes me pretty angry. Add the fact that visitors for dining or shopping (or parking at a resort to avoid paying parking fee at the parks) will be allowed free access to park at these resorts, and now I am growing furious.

I wonder if these resorts will guarantee parking to their overnight guests who must now pay this fee? Our first time staying at the Polynesian we came back to the resort after using our car to go to Downtown Disney and there were no empty parking spots. We drove around for at least 20 minutes, along with other cars, looking for empty spots or hoping we would catch someone leaving. Finally I got out of the car and went speak with someone at valet about the issue. The two solutions we were given were to park the car valet (and we would have to pay for it - it would not be free even given the parking lot issue) or to park our car at the TTC and walk or monorail over. I made sure that the CM was aware that we were guests staying at the Poly, not just there for dinner or shopping. I was furious that as a paying guest these were the options we were given. We ended up valeting the car because there wasn't much else we could do. I would be absolutely livid if these were the suggestions given by a CM while having to pay a $25 per night parking fee. We've also had trouble finding a spot as a visiting guest for dinner at Ohana's, and in that event we just valeted without questioning, but as a guest staying at any resort you should most definitely have access to a place to park at your resort without having to valet or park elsewhere and walk or monorail over.
    Totally agree, we have had this exact same issue numerous times at the Yacht Club, Beach Club and Boardwalk. No spots available due to "Day Parkers" or large conventions and valet the only option. Once while staying at the Yacht Club I was told if there was no spot available I could park at the Beach Club and walk over. Really ??? With what they charge for the room this is outrageous !! And it was outrageous back when I WASN"T PAYING FOR PARKING !! So now I will pay and walk a mile to my hotel room ?? Never been so angry with Disney as I am right now.
    Disney Villas 1986/CR 1988/Dolphin 1992/POR-GF 1996/WL 1997/CBR 1999/WL 2001/BC 2003/POFQ-HHR 2004/BWV-VWL 2005/POLY 2006/ AKL 2006/YC 2007/Wonder-BCV 2008/WL-BLT 2009/POLY 2010/BWV-Dream 2011/CSR 2012/ YC 2013/YC 2014

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I emailed Bob Chapek's office yesterday and actually got a call back in regards to this.

If you haven't done it, email disney and let them know you arent happy. I'm a member of another forum and a few people did the same thing i did yesterday. Almost all got phone calls back.

The response from disney is that they are getting flooded with complaints about it. I was also told by someone from Chapek's office that they're doing it because other resorts are.

I'm extremely unhappy with Disney's decision, i can afford it, but i refuse to pay it. We have a trip booked for this august on property, however all future trips will now be off property.

I've had enough.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

Post Thanks / Like

I was away yesterday but heard this news. Wow...this thread spread like wildfire! I can't say that I'm surprised and I wouldn't say it is that uncommon. Aulani charges non-DVC hotel guests and visitors for parking. Anywhere that real estate is at a premium there is generally a charge for parking...city hotels, airports, etc. They could have avoided drawing the public's ire if they had just incorporated into the room fees just like the long talked about resort fees. As a frequent flyer I certainly appreciate them going about it in this manner. It would be interesting to know the percentage of vehicles carrying annual pass holders that are already getting discounted rates? I can't say that I blame then and wouldn't necessarily consider it a money grab. I'm all for the use of public transportation at WDW and in keeping the traffic down. Maybe they should consider toll roads on their property to cut down on people just passing through.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrumpySue View Post
    Totally agree, we have had this exact same issue numerous times at the Yacht Club, Beach Club and Boardwalk. No spots available due to "Day Parkers" or large conventions and valet the only option. Once while staying at the Yacht Club I was told if there was no spot available I could park at the Beach Club and walk over. Really ??? With what they charge for the room this is outrageous !! And it was outrageous back when I WASN"T PAYING FOR PARKING !! So now I will pay and walk a mile to my hotel room ?? Never been so angry with Disney as I am right now.
    Sounds like what they ought to do is charge the people not staying at the resort to park there. That way overnight guest would be more likely to find a parking space.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

6. Likes GrumpySue, Lindsey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What I’m thinking is that the complimentary parking for day visitors will be far away. That lot will be closed and locked,say, at 11:00, and any cars still there will be towed. What concerns me is that even if that lot has disabled parking, how far away will that lot be?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Imalismom View Post
    It was a chore getting the sticker off BTW.
    I've been stickered in Philly. Now I keep a Red Devil single edge razor scraper in my glove box/console. Blade can also be used to cut the seatbelt in an emergency.
    SteveL

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. Just... wow. We always road trip it to WDW. We pay a premium to stay onsite and understand that we're paying more for the perks included and always felt it was worth those perks and the immersion. I get that WDW resort and ticket prices go up every year. I don't like it, but I get it. But, to slap on a parking fee on top of the premium cost of an onsite trip??? That is a slap in the face. Very, very bad show Disney. I would definitely like to write them. Would someone please share the best email to use?
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheVBs View Post
    ....Would someone please share the best email to use?
    +1
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    +1
    Google "disney world customer service email" and it'll be the first thing that shows up.
    EMILY

Now approaching.......Mickey's Star Traders!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    +1
    [email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

from my understanding emails sent to these addresses yesterday, some recieved call backs. I emailed all three, i got a call back from "the office of bob chapek".

I've heard someone got a call from Iger's office and a few got a call from the other person.
    82 - Offsite
    85- Fort Wilderness
    88- Polynesian
    96- Offsite
    97- Offsite
    98- Offsite
    08 - French Quarter
    09 - Coronado Springs
    09 - All Star Sports
    09 - Pop Century
    09 - Off Site
    10- French Quarter
    11 - All Star Sports
    14 -Coronado Springs
    15 - All Star Sports
    17 - TBD

13. Thanks VWL Mom, MissStyles, TheVBs thanked for this post
    Likes MissStyles liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by baldburke View Post
    I was away yesterday but heard this news. Wow...this thread spread like wildfire! I can't say that I'm surprised and I wouldn't say it is that uncommon. Aulani charges non-DVC hotel guests and visitors for parking. Anywhere that real estate is at a premium there is generally a charge for parking...city hotels, airports, etc. They could have avoided drawing the public's ire if they had just incorporated into the room fees just like the long talked about resort fees. As a frequent flyer I certainly appreciate them going about it in this manner. It would be interesting to know the percentage of vehicles carrying annual pass holders that are already getting discounted rates? I can't say that I blame then and wouldn't necessarily consider it a money grab. I'm all for the use of public transportation at WDW and in keeping the traffic down. Maybe they should consider toll roads on their property to cut down on people just passing through.
    First, real estate is not at a premium at WDW, it's just not. Walt's experiment used to be something special, something you found nowhere else, and that includes unmatched land mass.

Second, as a seasoned flyer you have become accustomed to the airline industry's racketeering with fees for everything, and it's those fees that have kept many people out of the air and on the road. At some point it just becomes infuriating that you can't expect even a basic function of hospitality to be included in a price, and it turns people like me off big time. Of course I have never traveled via air, mostly because I can do it way cheaper in a car, but the fees are also a big turn-off for me.

I have always been a defender of Disney providing DME service for "free" even though I never used it, I appreciated the all-inclusive nature of the Disney experience AND the Disney price structure. But now asking me to accept a fee to park my car is an unimaginable slap in the face to me.

Disney used to be special.

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

15. Likes MissStyles, Tekneek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My feelings have gone from shock to anger to sad ...... I just picture the suits being tasked with taking every experience, interaction and moment of your trip to WDW and trying to figure out how to charge for it, increase the cost, decrease the value or split into a regular/premium experience. I really do understand it from a business side, but at what point do people say enough? Based on attendance figures, we are not there yet .....
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Fangorn View Post
    At the Swolphin, everyone pays to park.
    That is the best term I'm used for Swan and Dolphin. Great one.

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    The Greediest Place on Earth. .
    Catchy, I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    "Others are doing it" - my parents had a saying for this "if they jump off a cliff, are you going to do it too?"
    Tide pod challenge, and seeing HP world and raising you a SW world.. so, yes. Geronimo!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mrte62 View Post
    My feelings have gone from shock to anger to sad ...... I just picture the suits being tasked with taking every experience, interaction and moment of your trip to WDW and trying to figure out how to charge for it, increase the cost, decrease the value or split into a regular/premium experience. I really do understand it from a business side, but at what point do people say enough? Based on attendance figures, we are not there yet .....
    I hear the Men in Black theme.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Already booked for August so this trip it won't affect, however, we take two vehicles down(numerous people) and are staying for 10 days, would have been almost $400 extra. Not cool Disney
    2016 Contemp
    2014 C B
    2013 Contemp x2
    2012 AS Movies
    2010 Contemp
    2009 C B
    2008 C B
    2007 C B
    2005 Poly
    2004 C B
    2003 Cruise / Poly
    2002 Cruise / Port
    2001 Poly
    2000 C B
    1999 C B
    1998 C S
    1997 outside park
    1996 Dixie Landings
    1995 Dixie Landings
    1971-96 numerous Poly

19. Likes eam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

While steaming about this all day, I finally had a moment of humor occur to me...

Some of you may remember the recent rumor of a name change for Hollywood Studios, a rumor which compelled Disney to publish a denial of the proposed name.

Today I remembered my post here and I thought to myself...I know where "that individual" in my post got promoted to, and it was in the parking department! Now he may get another promotion!

I found my brief moment of humor mildly comforting, for a second...

18 Oct ASMv
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyjim View Post
    Already booked for August so this trip it won't affect, however, we take two vehicles down(numerous people) and are staying for 10 days, would have been almost $400 extra. Not cool Disney
    Same here. This comes at the worst possible time for me. My son recently turned 18, and his 18 year old girlfriend has been joining us on vacations for about a year now. So on our next trip, say we stay at a deluxe, we will be charged $25 for each of them as an extra adult in the room, so there's an added $50 per night that I haven't had to pay until now. Since they both work and attend school we are aware that they may not be able to join us for the whole trip, they may need to come meet us a few days in, or leave ahead of us, thus it is very likely that we will need to take two cars in the near future. That's another $25 per vehicle per night, another $50. My trips just went up an additional $100 a night for virtually nothing. It's like I just got a double wammy! So I agree, so not cool Disney!
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

So, my big question right now is...

Those that book before March 21st are exempt, and those booking after are not. What happens when those separate reservations occur at the same time? Will there be a special, designated parking lot for all those that booked within the deadline? Will you get a special decal stating, "I Booked My Reservation In Time, Suckers!"
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

23. Likes Tekneek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by magicofdisney View Post
    ...Will you get a special decal stating, "I Booked My Reservation In Time, Suckers!"
    It was just announced on the Disney Blog that the decals will retail for 19.99!

18 Oct ASMv
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

25. Likes magicofdisney liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    That and a new 'option' when pricing out a vacation on the site -- Vehicle On Site

So, you will do your vacation planning:

• Room Selection (Standard, Preferred, etc.)
    • Tickets
    • Options
      Park Hopper
      Water Parks
    • Vehicle
    • Dining
    • Insurance

You have to select your parking lot 180 days in advance, even though you don't know where your room will be.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

27. Likes PopPhan, Tekneek liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    You have to select your parking lot 180 days in advance, even though you don't know where your room will be.
    I told you. At some point, you'll have to start planning your restroom visits 180 days out, and then pay 10 bucks were shot.

While we all hate increases, lets face it, another few hundred on trips that cost thousands, for the most part, isn't going to change a significant number of trips for Disney. They know it.

If only Wallyworld was open.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings