Quantcast Charging Resort Guests for Overnight Parking - Page 4

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

This just broke today on Disney Parks Blog:

"Due to the overwhelming positive response to our new policy regarding overnight parking fees at our Disney Themed Resorts, we are now proud to announce that we are extending our new parking policy to daytime stroller parking at each theme park. Disney guests will be able to link their magic bands to their designated strollers, allowing them to contribute a parking fee at each designated stroller parking area within the parks. As strollers as subject to being moved by cast members, Disney guests should be prepared to pay multiple fees at each ride. To be fair to all patrons, those guests using double wide strollers or wagons will be charged an additional fee. To help with the wear and tear on the streets of each park, as guests cross from one "land" to another, appropriate tolls will also be assessed based on the size and number of axles on your stroller or wagon. We thank you for your understanding and hope this increases your Disney experience"

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    This just broke today on Disney Parks Blog:

"Due to the overwhelming positive response to our new policy regarding overnight parking fees at our Disney Themed Resorts, we are now proud to announce that we are extending our new parking policy to daytime stroller parking at each theme park. Disney guests will be able to link their magic bands to their designated strollers, allowing them to contribute a parking fee at each designated stroller parking area within the parks. As strollers as subject to being moved by cast members, Disney guests should be prepared to pay multiple fees at each ride. To be fair to all patrons, those guests using double wide strollers or wagons will be charged an additional fee. To help with the wear and tear on the streets of each park, as guests cross from one "land" to another, appropriate tolls will also be assessed based on the size and number of axles on your stroller or wagon. We thank you for your understanding and hope this increases your Disney experience"
    I'd like a fee added to those who DON"T park in the correct place and leave their stuff all over.

I wonder, a fee for bags brought into the park?
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Now the community thinks we should have fees for everything. Why don't we just go back to ticket books? Pay for what you ride!

Enough of asking people to pay $100+ regardless of what they actually go on. People who cannot ride the roller coasters shouldn't have to pay for them.

Post Thanks / Like

I did get an email and a call from Disney today after sending my email about this. I haven't had the chance to talk to anyone yet though. Just home from work and heading right back out. I'll probably call back tomorrow. I'll share what they say.
    Susanne

6. Thanks missymouseworld thanked for this post
    Likes VWL Mom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Sent my email to Bob Iger, got a call back today, and an e mail. A guest relation person would like to talk to me about it. ( made them work, I never included my phone number, so they actually had to look up my name as a past guest) I think I'll call back and listen to their story.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ChipNDale79 View Post
    [email protected]

[email protected]

[email protected]

from my understanding emails sent to these addresses yesterday, some recieved call backs. I emailed all three, i got a call back from "the office of bob chapek".

I've heard someone got a call from Iger's office and a few got a call from the other person.
    I just cc'd all three on my email. Vive la résistance!

Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post

Good luck to you guys. I hope you win, but I don't have much hope. The Adventurer's Club is still gone.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    I told you. At some point, you'll have to start planning your restroom visits 180 days out, and then pay 10 bucks were shot.

While we all hate increases, lets face it, another few hundred on trips that cost thousands, for the most part, isn't going to change a significant number of trips for Disney. They know it.

If only Wallyworld was open.
    You will choose which button to use based on whether it is liquid or solid waste and be charged based on how much water that particular flush takes. Then you will be charged per square of toilet paper.

I would imagine that a majority of people fly in for their visit to Disney World, so this isn't an issue for them.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post

Nothing is going to happen. These three big wigs are going to reap millions in salary from this money grab. In the meantime, they are hiding under their desk trotting out lowe-level employees to face the public's wrath. They are too gutless to call employees themselves.

12. Thanks Tekneek thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Disney has a decent understanding of guest psychology. The accounts I have read, of these phone conversations, suggest the people calling almost universally agree with all of the claims made by the guest. The purpose of this is to placate the guest. The weight will be lifted, because they will feel like they have been heard and their concerns were validated. Unlikely that this plan will be altered in any way, but everyone will feel better for having gone through the exercise and the fees will be accepted as just another trip expense that will increase every few years.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Disney has a decent understanding of guest psychology. The accounts I have read, of these phone conversations, suggest the people calling almost universally agree with all of the claims made by the guest. The purpose of this is to placate the guest. The weight will be lifted, because they will feel like they have been heard and their concerns were validated. Unlikely that this plan will be altered in any way, but everyone will feel better for having gone through the exercise and the fees will be accepted as just another trip expense that will increase every few years.
    I'm not placated. And I told the underling who contacted me as much. She has to face the public anger while
    Iger and Chapek are hiding under their desk counting their stacks of cash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    She has to face the public anger while
    Iger and Chapek are hiding under their desk counting their stacks of cash.
    Ultimately, the only action that will truly be persuasive is not adding your own money to those stacks of cash. Even then, it doesn't matter what you and I do, it matters what the marketplace as a whole does (but the power of the marketplace is unleashed when enough individuals decide they've had enough).

It doesn't matter if you hold your nose while paying somebody, only that you pay them. Until the marketplace is unhappy enough with something that they keep their money, or give it to somebody else instead, there is really no pressure to do more than token gestures. If you decrease your other spending on resort by the new cost of parking, they still get your money in the end. What that would probably do is earn a bonus to the "pay for parking" wizard and take money away from some other group. The only real power is in not giving them anything. I like writing them to let them know how their new policy incentivized you to alter your economic behavior, but I doubt that is found persuasive until they experience true negative economic impact.

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like Mickey turned over the reigns to Scrooge McDuck!!!! It may be a while before we go back. It is very rare that Disney backs down from a bad decision. I am curious to see if public outcry changes their mind this time. I am not holding my breathe though.
    "There's enough land here to hold all the ideas and dreams that we could possibly imagine."-Walt Disney

17. Likes eam liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just spoke to someone. I think the summaries above are pretty accurate. I certainly wasn't mean to her because that would be stupid. She did not make the decision, and clearly she's been put in the hot seat. She was very nice, sympathetic, said that the decision was made to bring Disney inline with it's other properties that charge for parking, Disneyland, Aulani. I pointed out a few things that I asked her to share, 1) space is at a premium in those locations, it isn't at WDW; 2) People are paying for large packages at WDW with hotel, park tickets, dinner shows, Memory Maker, etc. and it was a black eye for WDW to charge for parking on top of that; and, 3) It's enough of a cost that it could scuttle someone's vacation, maybe they'd just saved enough to do this, and can't afford the additional cost. No, I did not get the impression they're even thinking of backing down on this, but yes I am glad I added my voice. You never know how many people are calling and what effect it will have, so never think that adding your voice won't make a difference. But, realistically, as Tekneek pointed out, enough people have to vote with their $ to make a difference.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    You will choose which button to use based on whether it is liquid or solid waste and be charged based on how much water that particular flush takes. Then you will be charged per square of toilet paper.

I would imagine that a majority of people fly in for their visit to Disney World, so this isn't an issue for them.
    Or if you want to grab a rental car, instead of rely only on disney buses.

Well, I'll have to use the bushes and grab a bunch of disney maps.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Send those emails!!! I sent to: [email protected]----got a call today. They are listening, he said they are having an overwhelming response to this decision and will be looking into it. Not saying it's going to change, but if everyone keeps complaining and possibly stop going, they will listen eventually. Bombard them with emails.
    Disney more times than I can remember.
    Have stayed at Fort Wilderness, Fort Wilderness Cabins, Caribbean Beach, Dixie Landings, Port Orleans Riverside, Port Orleans French Quarter and Pop Century

Post Thanks / Like

For a blast from the past, checking out this thread where parking fees were rumored to be on the horizon for Value Resorts back in 2010.

It took 8 years for the memo to be approved.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eeyoremom View Post
    Send those emails!!! I sent to: [email protected]----got a call today. They are listening, he said they are having an overwhelming response to this decision and will be looking into it. Not saying it's going to change, but if everyone keeps complaining and possibly stop going, they will listen eventually. Bombard them with emails.
    Chapek and the rest of those $45 million+ a year money grubbers are hiding under their desks. They will pop their heads up only when the smoke clears so they can count their million dollar bonus checks for creating a revenue stream out if nothing.

Tough guys have hourly employees dealing with the backlash.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Or if you want to grab a rental car, instead of rely only on disney buses.

Well, I'll have to use the bushes and grab a bunch of disney maps.
    The construction walls might give you more coverage. Don't get drunk and fall asleep behind them though. You may get walled in like the guy in Vegas.

Post Thanks / Like

Just emailed this entire thread to Iger.

25. Likes eam, missymouseworld, JerseyDad liked this post
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: