The latest post about the redo of the Odyssey area got me thinking about how incredibly hot that walkway that winds between Mexico & Norway that passes by the Odyssey building is. No shade to speak of, nothing but concrete that absorbs/reflects/radiates heat, and the lack of any place to grab a cool drink. I've only experienced it during non-summer trips & can't imagine what it's like in July, on a clear day, with temps around 95 degrees with Florida humidity thrown in for good measure. My vote for hottest area in Epcot, and then I started to think about the other parks...

MK & DHS I'm not so sure about, but AK - I know why it's always so hot there.

I took the Backstage Safari tour a few years ago, and one of the questions I asked our guides was "Why is it so hot in the park?" Their answer was "Because of all the foliage & the water needed to keep it alive, the humidity levels are quite high in the park." They also said that, when designing the park, they designed in a 10 foot high berm around a lot of the park perimeter, with obstacles, to try and keep out the indigenous wildlife. Makes sense, after all, who wants to be on Kilamanjaro Safari when an unsuspecting raccoon wanders into the lion area? Eww...

So, what's your vote for hottest area in the theme parks? Inquiring minds want to know!