Quantcast Bay Lake Tower - Part 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bay Lake Tower - Part 3

March 2, 2018

Today we are heading to Disney Studios. After breakfast in our room, we head to the bus stop. This area is very crowded and a bit chaotic. In addition to folks who are waiting for buses, there are people walking through the area to get into the Contemporary and those who are exiting the Contemporary and heading to the parking lot area. Despite the confusion and a large number of people who wanted the same bus as we did, we managed to make it onto the bus without having to wait for another to arrive.

There is not a lot we are planning to do here today. We wander through some of the shops while waiting for our Tower of Terror fastpass time. After that, we wander some more and then settle in at a table while we wait for our Toy Story fastpass time. Some day, I will get a better score...... We also had a fastpass for Indiana Jones but decided not to go to that show.

Instead, we head to the Brown Derby lounge for something to eat. We share an order of the beef sliders and follow that with a mini dessert trio of lemon blueberry cheesecake, brulee, and chocolate cake which we also share. Shortly after eating, we exit the park and take a bus back to Bay Lake.

We sat on the balcony for a while but the sun was on that side of the building making it quite warm so we decided to go sit around the pool for a while. I shouldn't have had the pina colada I drank at the pool as it was quite filling and that didn't bode well for the dinner we had planned.

Dinner this evening was booked at Citrico's. We had such an excellent meal here in January, we booked another night during this stay. When we returned for the pool, we dressed for dinner and then walked over to the Contemporary to take the monorail to the Grand Floridian. We were early for our reservation so wandered through the shops there, listened to the piano player in the lobby, and the band for a bit.

We were quickly seated after checking in at Citrico's. Our server was Jason and he was very nice. I didn't want an appetizer as I was hoping to save some room for dessert. We both had the filet mignon for dinner but, alas, I was too full to think about actually eating the dessert I wanted to have. So, no dessert this evening, but we did each order a specialty coffee to end our meal.

After dinner, we headed back to the monorail and, since we were still in time to see the fireworks in the Magic Kingdom, we decided we would actually view them from inside the park. Main Street, as you might imagine was very crowded. We found a place to stand behind a couple of strollers. Another family, with a teenage daughter, arrived a short while later. The daughter spent almost all of the fireworks jiggling into me. I'm sure she wanted me to move and, even when I moved slightly, she still managed to keep jiggling into me. Despite this annoyance, I did enjoy the fireworks show. It's been a long time since we've watched them from inside the park. I did find the projections on the castle to be a bit distracting - often drawing my attention away from the fireworks I really wanted to see. When the fireworks ended, we were able to exit the park more quickly than I expected. Once outside the gate, we walked back to Bay Lake Tower where, once again, we were able to see some of the Epcot fireworks and part of the Electrical water pageant from our balcony.

March 3, 2018
    We are leaving Bay Lake Tower today. After breakfast in our room, we pack up our belongings and bring them to the car with us. Since we'll be heading home today, we drive over to Animal Kingdom and park the car there.

There are only a couple of things we are planning to do here today. We walk the gorilla trail which is always nice to do. With some time left before our safari fastpass, we see It's Tough to be a Bug. The temperatures dropped overnight so today is a cooler day than the several days prior to this. Animals were quite active on our Safari. Even the zebras were "on stage" today. After our safari, we checked out the baby tigers on the Asian trail. They certainly are getting big and much more independent. One was lying quite some distance from mother. We had a fastpass for Expedition:Everest which is a favorite of mine.

We were now hungry so stopped by Eight Spoon Cafe and picked up some mac n cheese. We found a place to sit and eat over in the Flame Tree table area.

There was one more fastpass available to us this day. We had fastpasses for early evening (the earliest hour I could get) for Flight of Passage. Even though we had never done this ride, we decided we would not stay in the park just to get on this ride. (Hopefully, someone got a surprise fastpass for that day when I released mine!!) We exited the park and drove home.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2. Likes magicofdisney liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't believe you gave up FoP!
    Genna
    Always Enjoy the
    ¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨Magic¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨)¸.•*¨

"Now approaching, Mickey's Star Traders"

If You Can Read This...
    ...Thank The Phoenicians!

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like you had a great time. Too bad it had to end.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

You seem to be settling in to the Florida lifestyle quite nicely. What room # were you in at BLT? Trying to decide on request for out trip.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    You seem to be settling in to the Florida lifestyle quite nicely. What room # were you in at BLT? Trying to decide on request for out trip.
    Thanks. We were in room 8032 - it's a studio.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: