Quantcast Short Day Ideas

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Thread: Short Day Ideas

Post Thanks / Like

Default Short Day Ideas

This is the first time we are going to Disney. We're taking 5 yr old twins and I feel completely uneducated and overwhelmed, with not enough time to learn the lingo. Does anyone have suggestions for things to do on TWO SHORT DAYS? We arrive on Monday and have to listen to a time share pitch on Tuesday. Are there half day activities near the park? We're not staying in the park. Wed and Thursday we can spend all day at Disneyworld.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Prepare for the flood gates of information.

But, at a minimum. FP,make sure you understand and use it.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

For your short days, I'd consider visiting Disney Springs. Another fun thing to do would be dine at one of the resorts, perhaps Wilderness Lodge or Animal Kingdom Lodge, since they have great restaurants and theming that are a little different than the parks. There are also two mini golf courses at WDW: Winter Summerland and Fantasia Gardens.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Are the twins boys or girls? Have you considered a character meal at one of the resort restaurants? Is your available time in the morning or in the evening? You could have dinner at Chef Mickeys and then watch the electric water pageant on the lake. You could do the same with a meal at the Polynesian, Grand Floridian or Wilderness Lodge. You could stroll the Boardwalk in the evening and let the kids watch the magic shows and such. There are activities at Disney Springs - bowling, characters in flight balloon ride, cars that you drive in the water, movie theater, etc.
    If it is during the day, there are miniature golf courses. You can still do Disney Springs and/or character meals at the resorts. Some of the resorts have things to do such as the Pirate Adventure Cruise at the Caribbean Beach Resort. If you are going during a warmer month, you could hit a water park. There are kid friendly activities on International Drive if you going to Disney isn't mandatory.
    My preference on arrival day is usually to go to Disney Springs or the Boardwalk. Gives me a chance to relax and try to get used to the time difference.
    Another option (if money allows it) is to do Hollywood Studios. A lot of it is shut down for construction, so you could do some things and still see Fantasmic or the Star Wars show.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: