Quantcast Wilderness Cabins...after renovations QUESTIONS

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wilderness Cabins...after renovations QUESTIONS

Good Day All,

Looking for input on:

Twin bed size for an adult human to sleep in?

Did you rent the golf cart and was it worth it?

The buses to parks? Troubles and loves?

Also the pros and cons of the cabins?

Thanks all!!
    Betsy
    Off Site 1981,
    Shades of Green 1996, 2006, 2012
    Coronado Springs 2000,
    Contemporary (SoG) 2002 & 2003,
    Yacht and Beach/Animal Kingdom 2003, 2006
    Boardwalk 2005 & 2008,
    Wilderness Lodge 2009,
    Disney Fantasy 2012,
    Pop Century 2014
    Wilderness Cabins 2018

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We love the cabins! We've only ever stayed in a renovated one, so I can't compare to the old ones, but the new ones were perfect, and we've booked another stay for this fall.

My Mom slept on the bottom bunk with no issues at all. She said it was comfortable, and she slept well. My teenage daughter was on the top bunk, and she also had no issues or complaints.

We did rent the golf cart, and we won't bother next time. It was expensive, and not really worth it. The busses come so often that for campground activities it is just as easy to hop on a bus, or walk (such as to the campground pool).

We had very few issues with transportation, with the boat to MK being the most troublesome, generally just not running as often as promised, and long waits. Otherwise, all was good.

I can't think of any major cons ... we really did enjoy the trip. Bring your own metal BBQ utensils, they don't provide them (or at least not in the cabin we were in), and enjoy your trip.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

4. Thanks betsyt82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We LOVE the cabins. We usually stay at WL which is our favorite, but the cabins come in a very close second. It's like a vacation within a vacation staying there. The teenagers slept in the bedroom and had no problem with the beds. I slept on the pull out couch and I found it to be very comfortable. It's not your typical pull out mattress. Also, it was great to make breakfast in the morning and then head to the parks and if you're trying to cut corners on food, there's a grill outside. Mousekeeping comes in and does the dishes for you (if you want....I of course put everything in the dishwasher and did them myself). I found the cabins to be roomy so we weren't walking into each other (there was 5 of us). We rented a golf cart from off property (Kenny's T-time) and won't do it again. It was a hassle and the cart didn't work for the first two days we had it. He was supposed to issue a credit but we never received it. Wouldn't recommend them! If we stay there again, I wouldn't rent a cart for the whole week but maybe a couple days that we would be going to MK because they are expensive. It was really nice driving around the resort and exploring and especially going to the movie and campfire!!!! We rented a car so I can't tell you about the buses as we only used it once to go to the main pool. I can't say anything negative about the resort other than the price being high for a "moderate."

6. Thanks betsyt82 thanked for this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: