Quantcast Jedi Training Strategy

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Jedi Training Strategy

Hello all! My son would like to do the Jedi Training Academy this trip. We were unable to make it work last trip.

Our trip is from Aug 14-21. With Toy Story land opening June 30, the park will probably be very crowded daily. Would the best shot at getting a spot be to rope drop a morning extra magic hour day?

If not, any suggestions for the best strategy?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I would enter the park as early as you can and head there as soon as you enter the park to attempt to sign up. The opening of Toy Story Land might work in your favor as I am sure many folks will immediately rush to that area of the park to try to ride the new rides there.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EpicTX View Post
    Hello all! My son would like to do the Jedi Training Academy this trip. We were unable to make it work last trip.

Our trip is from Aug 14-21. With Toy Story land opening June 30, the park will probably be very crowded daily. Would the best shot at getting a spot be to rope drop a morning extra magic hour day?

If not, any suggestions for the best strategy?
    Any chance you are interested in a pre-park open ADR at Hollywood & Vine? Apparently you can sign up before breakfast. We are about to give that a try on Saturday

FWIW: it is a really cool experience so "worth" the hassle first thing in the morning. The first year we went we missed doing Toy Story because sign up took so much longer than I planned- it was still worth it Good luck!

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

That’s a good point! Didn’t think about the mob rushing to Toy Story Land potentially making it a little easier to get a slot. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

A pre-park ADR is a great idea! However, with a party of 6 I might not think it’s such a great idea after I price it out! 😂

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by EpicTX View Post
    A pre-park ADR is a great idea! However, with a party of 6 I might not think it’s such a great idea after I price it out!
    That's certainly true! Crossing your fingers that TSL draws everyone away is much cheaper, lol

Sent from my BBB100-1 using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

We did this last summer. At rope drop, I sent DH to ride RnRC (my son wasn't tall enough for it) and DS and I headed to sign up for Jedi Academy. We had decided beforehand that we would try for a noon-ish show. We got exactly what we wanted, and I think that this was partially because we didn't just ask for the first available. We actually used one of the pictures from this show for our Christmas card that year, and DS still talks about this as a cool experience.
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: