Quantcast Dinner Offering Changes Coming to Be Our Guest in Summer 2018

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Dinner Offering Changes Coming to Be Our Guest in Summer 2018

3/27/18

As part of the new Dinner Menu, the Magic Kingdom has unveiled a new signature dessert for the Be Our Guest restaurant:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

Name:  sdkl131-613x409.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  45.5 KB

... This trio will have a raspberry macaron with lemon filling and fresh raspberries, a whole maraschino cherry dipped in dark chocolate with hazelnut topping, and a white chocolate Chip cup with our signature Grey Stuff! It will also be exclusive to the dinner menu.
    2/21/18

The Magic Kingdom has announced changes in the dinner offerings at its popular Be Our Guest restaurant:

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Parks & Resorts

... Starting this summer, Be Our Guest Restaurant will offer an enhanced prix fixe dinner menu that boasts a variety of delectable French-inspired dishes and new offerings. This unique experience will make you feel like royalty with a three-course dinner that includes your choice of appetizer and entrée, followed by a personal dessert platter.

Name:  fnmibog3798698732-613x409.jpg
Views: 1180
Size:  34.2 KB

To start off your meal, the appetizer menu will include favorites like the French Onion Soup in addition to rich new offerings like Charred Octopus with citrus-laced fingerling potatoes, pickled hearts of palm and red pepper coulis; Escargot with herb garlic butter and toasted gremolata; and a selection of assorted meats and artisanal cheeses such as chicken liver pâté, chorizo sausage Manchego, and truffle tremor.

Name:  fnmibog3798698734-613x409.jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  58.4 KB

For the main course, feast on mouth-watering entrées such as Grilled Center-Cut Filet Mignon with potato au gratin, Romano beans, Cipollini marmalade and a cherry-laced red wine reduction or the Smoked Black-Eye Pea Tortellini with roasted seasonal vegetables, tomato relish and basil-scented tomato water. Other enticing dishes include Poulet Rouge Chicken, Saffron-Infused Seafood Bouillabaisse, Roasted Lamb Chops and Kurobuta Pork Tenderloins.

Name:  fnmibog3798698731-624x352.jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  34.0 KB

And that’s just the beginning! Our chefs are hard at work putting the final touches on the fabulous desserts as well as the kid’s menu for this exquisite new dining experience.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2. Thanks Isabella thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading down in the comments section of the article (by author): the new menu will replace the current offerings, it will be $55 per adult, and will require 2 TS credits.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

that figures - just like they did to Le Cellier, which I really liked before the prices got truly ridiculous. I hope they'll still be on the old menu in May when I'm there, since I have a reservation.

Post Thanks / Like

So is BOG now going to be $55 per head admission charge, and you eat whatever you want (similar to a buffet pricing)?

If so, that looks to be trying to stop the number of people, myself included, that made an ADR just to eat desert there, since NONE of the food appealed to my family.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

Post Thanks / Like

I don't think $55 ea is too terrible for a three course meal of that caliber, esp in WDW.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

That's not a bad deal, considering you pay a flat $85 at Cinderella's Royal Table for the same type of meal service. My DD worked there as a chef and said they did very well since the majority of people ordered the chicken course which was the cheapest of the 3 entrees available.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Goofy4TheWorld View Post
    If so, that looks to be trying to stop the number of people, myself included, that made an ADR just to eat desert there, since NONE of the food appealed to my family.
    Hmm!!, You would think Disney would open a snack place near BOG that just sold the deserts.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    Hmm!!, You would think Disney would open a snack place near BOG that just sold the deserts.
    I think the appeal was being able to eat inside the castle and also get to meet and get pictures with Beast. It wasn't really about getting a cupcake. Lol

I have read too many times to keep track that people booked BOG for dinner specifically to meet Beast and only ordered water and a cupcake to keep the cost low. I really feel bad for the servers in that situation. I don't blame Disney for going in this direction.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by buzznwoodysmom View Post
    I think the appeal was being able to eat inside the castle and also get to meet and get pictures with Beast. It wasn't really about getting a cupcake. Lol

I have read too many times to keep track that people booked BOG for dinner specifically to meet Beast and only ordered water and a cupcake to keep the cost low. I really feel bad for the servers in that situation. I don't blame Disney for going in this direction.
    that's such a tough one! I would really, really like to go to a couple of different restaurants just for a dessert or appetizer. Specifically I'd love to to to Le Cellier just for soup and bread - but I feel really guilty doing that and wonder if it is frowned on.

Post Thanks / Like

Any word on lunch and breakfast, will it remain 1 QS meal? Any word of when ADRs for July+ can be made?

Post Thanks / Like

So is BOG now going to be $55 per head admission charge, and you eat whatever you want (similar to a buffet pricing)?

The idea of pictures with the Beast is enticing, but I wouldn't eat most of the food either. The filet mignon is about it. Seeing the Beast isn't worth sitting in a restaurant staring at food you won't eat.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

All those dishes look awesome. I hate it if we go somewhere and people are just taking a table up for a dessert or soup/salad. Eat something legit or move outta the way....
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    All those dishes look awesome. I hate it if we go somewhere and people are just taking a table up for a dessert or soup/salad. Eat something legit or move outta the way....
    My desert meal takes up a table for far less time than a "legit" meal and then I am out the door for someone else to fill the table.
    Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

16. Likes mommy2maddi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it just me, or does the smaller picture on the bottom right of the trio of pictures look like lips to anyone else? I am also pretty sure that the suckers on that tentacle thing will get attached to my tongue.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

18. Likes mommy2maddi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My desert meal takes up a table for far less time than a "legit" meal and then I am out the door for someone else to fill the table.
    But I bet you are the minority. Most people eat as slow as possible during peak times.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite