Quantcast Beach Club vs Bay Lake Tower

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Club vs Bay Lake Tower

Which resort would you prefer and why?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

For me, the answer to this question might center around where do you expect to be spending most of your time - MK? Or EPCOT/HS? If you're going to spend lots of time at MK, the location of BLT cannot be beat. Same with Beach Club for the other parks. If location is not your primary concern, then we feel there is no comparison - Beach Club would be our choice. The pool, the feel, the dining options - all better at BC and around the Boardwalk.

4. Likes angela2679 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally, my choice would be BLT. It's a better location for me, even though I spend a lot of time in World Showcase, because I love the atmosphere of being around the MK and it's an easy walk to MK and an easy monorail ride to Epcot. If I'm at World Showcase later, I might even take a cab/uber from Beach Club on occasion. Beach Club is handy to International Gateway/Epcot and DHS, but it makes getting to MK more of a hassle (shared bus). I just feel more like I'm staying at Disney World when the MK is near and I'm at Seven Seas Lagoon.

Also, I've found the Beach Club is very popular with families with young children and the lobby doesn't handle noise or crowds well. Plus, the pool, large as it is, is always full. Not that I have anything against families with children! I mean, it is WDW. But crowds and noise are not conducive to a relaxing environment for me, and I find BLT/Contemporary to be more spacious and peaceful that way. Just personal preference. Also, I enjoy the Top of the World lounge at BLT. But both resorts are great and you really can't go wrong.
    Sherri
    Next: Aulani Celebration 10/2018 (50th)
    Past Stays: Contemporary, GF, Poly, BC, POP, POR, Dolphin, AKL Kidani, BLT
    1990 August Honeymoon- GF
    Delighted Disney Return Guest since 1981, DVC (BLT) since 2014

6. Likes angela2679, VWL Mom liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ooof. Tough choice. These are two of my favorites.

Our family's favorite trip ever was when we stayed at Beach Club. The pool, Beaches N Cream, the theme of the resort, and the proximity to Epcot are all amazing. I mean, we spent an afternoon in the pool, wandered over to Epcot, got gelato at France, found a spot for Illuminations, then wandered back to our resort. No hassles. It was definitely magical.

That said, for an anniversary trip, my wife and I stayed at BLT. We had an MK view, and it was amazing! We watched Wishes! from our balcony and listened to the audio on one of the TV channels. We walked over to the MK whenever we wanted. We were on the monorail. It was fantastic.

I don't think you can go wrong either way!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

8. Thanks angela2679 thanked for this post
    Likes angela2679 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone, we're going for the food and wine fest so will probably be spending the majority of our trip in Epcot. We've never stayed at either hotel so I just wanted some feedback I appreciate your shared thoughts.

Post Thanks / Like

As mentioned above - you cannot go wrong. Try one this trip the other in the future! It's an excuse to go back again! Enjoy!

11. Likes angela2679 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

In recent trips we have enjoyed "The Monorail Resorts" for their easy access to MK and Epcot. However STS (Skyliner Transportation System) will be a real game changer for South Central WDW. We do tend to spend more time at MK and Epcot, but getting non-bus access to Epcot and DHS would be fantastic as well. As others have noted, you can't go wrong with either location. Space wise, the one and two bedroom villas are slightly larger at BLT vs. BC by about 80 square feet each. Aesthetically, BC is probably more appealing than the vanilla BLT. Both are great that you can walk to a park. Good luck!
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

13. Likes angela2679 liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: