Friday, January 26, 2018

Today we are headed to Animal Kingdom. It starts off cool but not as cold as the morning before. Still, we need long sleeves and jackets/sweatshirts to start our day.

We got an earlier start today than we had on other days this week so we arriving at the park pretty close to opening time. We did not have fast passes for Expedition Everest and no more fast passes were available for the day so we headed directly there. The wait time was only 5 minutes though, as I knew it would, the standby time increased quite a lot later in the day.

All of the parks have been extremely busy this week. This park is no exception on this day. Next up is a fastpass for Navi River. My husband and I had managed to get on this once before and really enjoyed it. On our way there, we see a cast member holding a sign indicating she was standing at the end of the line for Flight of Passage. She was standing by the entrance of Tiffin's for those of you know how far away from the actual ride this is!! The standby line at this point (less than one hour after park opening) was listed as 180 minutes. I later saw it listed as 210 minutes!! The standby line for Navi River was considerably shorter but was still listed as 80 minutes. We had a few minutes to wait until our fastpass time but, once our time came up, we were quickly through the line and the ride. I'm still quite impressed with this ride and hope to get on Flight of Passage at some point.

Since we had time before our Safari fastpass, we walked through Gorilla Falls Exploration Trail. With still more time to wait, we sat and people-watched for a bit and then went on our Safari. The driver we had was not the best we'd experienced but it was still a nice ride.

We were now hungry and had thought we might go to Flame Tree BBQ for lunch. Whoa!!! Wait???!!! Is that the line?? We can't even see the end of it. We change course and head to Pizzafarri instead. The line here is much shorter. We each have flatbreads for lunch before venturing out into the park again.

Now, we walk the Maharajah Jungle Trek. The baby tigers have gotten so much bigger than we saw them a few weeks ago. It's now time for our fastpass to Finding Nemo so head there and enjoy this show.

We are all tired of dodging around people so head out of the park and back to our resort for a bit. The scooter needs to be turned in early tomorrow afternoon so my husband and brother-in-law turn it in this afternoon so we don't have to be up early in the morning to do it.

I made a dinner reservation at the Surf and Turf Club at Saratoga so we use the wheelchair to make our way over there. While we could have used any bus to take us the one stop to the Springs stop, the first bus to come along is the one for Downtown Springs. This is the bus we will need to take to return to our section of the resort after dinner.

Once at the Carriage House, we wander through the shop before we check in for dinner. We are seated almost immediately and, because it is coolish outside, decide to dine indoors. Three of us have the sustainable fish of the day which is served with a risotto. Yummy!! My husband opts for the scallops which he also enjoys.

After dinner, we have a very short wait for the Downtown Springs bus which returns us to our room where we settle in for our last evening here.

Saturday, January 27, 2018

We don't rush to get up. We have breakfast in our room and pack up any remaining goodies along with our clothing and get our cars packed up. It's close to the 11 o clock checkout time before we say goodbye to Saratoga Springs and return home.