Quantcast Saratoga Springs Sojourn

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Saratoga Springs Sojourn

Sunday, January 21, 2018

My brother-in-law and sister-in-law arrive at our home. They will be accompanying us to Disney World for several days. We have a lovely dinner at home and settle in for the evening.

Monday, January 22, 2018

While still at home, I get an e-mail telling me our room in already ready. We pack up our two cars and head towards Disney, stopping at Perkins for breakfast along the way.

Once at Saratoga Springs, we head directly to Congress Park where our room is located. We have a first floor room but, unfortunately, we have a view of the bus stop rather than Downtown Springs. Oh well. We all get settled in. My husband and brother-in-law head to the Carriage House to retrieve the scooter I had reserved for use by my sister-in-law during our stay since she has mobility issues.

With the scooter ready for use, we head over to Disney Springs via the walkway. We locate Guest Relations and activate the four day park passes for our relatives (My husband and I have annual passes). Passes all set up, we return to our room, again using the walkway. We have some time, so we get completely settled in and relax.

This evening, we have reservations at California Grill. We take the wheelchair instead of the scooter. Once at the Magic Kingdom, we walk over to the Contemporary. After a brief stop in the shops on the fourth floor, we make our way down to the second floor to check in for dinner. Once upstairs, we barely set our backsides in chairs in the lounge before our beeper sounds. We are seated at a table along the window which has lovely views of the upcoming sunset and the Magic Kingdom. We all have goat cheese ravioli for our appetizer. Three of us have the bison for our entree and one has the swordfish. None of us has room to think about dessert.

When we leave the Contemporary, we walk over to Bay Lake Tower and head to Top of the World. We are able to find a seat but had we arrived any later, there wouldn't have been any seats available. We have drinks and, when it is time for the fireworks we head outside to watch them. This is the first time I've seen Happily Ever After. It was quite enjoyable but I do miss Wishes. The fireworks, as well as park closing, was at 8 pm this evening. I was quite surprised at the early park closing time.

Following the fireworks, we walk back to the Magic Kingdom and catch a bus back to Saratoga Springs. We are soon in bed but I just don't sleep well on this night.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

2. Thanks ibelieveindisneymagic thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We just left on Wednesday. We too were surprised with the early park closing with how busy it was. We would have liked more time in the parks.
    We need to try the California Grill on our trip in April. Have heard nothing but good things and my daughters friend works there

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like a good first day. We enjoy ending our day at ToWL, nice place just to have a night cap (and my boys love the 7 Layer Cake) and unwind. I'm surprised it was that busy this time of year.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

I feel more relaxed just reading about your day.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your report. I miss Wishes too. The new show is just too much for me. Wishes was perfect.
    2017 WDW All Star Music/Universal RP
    2016 :(
    2015 Universal-Royal Pacific
    2014 :(
    2013 Fall: Wilderness Lodge
    2011-12 :(
    2010 French Quarter
    2009 Pop & AKL
    2008 Polynesian
    2007 ASM & BCR
    2006 AKL

Share This Thread On Social Media: