Quantcast Opinions on Festival of Lights.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Opinions on Festival of Lights.

Edit to say that I am talking about Rivers of Lights! Got the name wrong. Lol

We have still not seen Festival of Lights at AK. On our last trip no one was the least bit interested in staying for the show. We have watched it on our smart TV on YouTube and as a family we were completely underwhelmed. It was visually very pretty, but it felt so incredibly "slow". It just didn't "take us there" like most Disney shows do. Almost like it fell flat.

Are we missing something by not seeing it in person? We are planning an upcoming trip and again no one shows even the slightest bit on interest in seeing this. So what are all you guys opinions on it?
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We felt the same way. Had FP, but skipped it and went to see Fantasmic!
    Dave aka: Altair
    "Even though they're graceful when swimmin', it's hard to believe sailors thought they were women" - Manatee area, the Living Seas

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    We felt the same way. Had FP, but skipped it and went to see Fantasmic!
    Funny you say this! We left AK, went spend some time at the pool, then did Fantasmic that night. We wanted to see both Fantasmic and Star Wars fireworks without feeling rushed so we did those on different nights.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

We went, using fast pass, during the holidays and were totally underwhelmed. Not worth the wait at all....it has so much potential but is just blah!
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

We like the shows but go mainly for my dad who loves them. You have to sit and wait for a while to get a place to watch. If you don’t want to do that then I would choose something else to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by WishingStar2006 View Post
    We went, using fast pass, during the holidays and were totally underwhelmed. Not worth the wait at all....it has so much potential but is just blah!
    This is how I feel watching it on YouTube. But I thought perhaps there is more wow factor in person.
    Denise

Post Thanks / Like

Actually saw it on my last trip. I thought it was very well done and not as slow as the youtube video made it out to be. The water screens are excellent (and should be part of a rehab for Fantasmic! when, and if, the next rehab occurs) and are really easy to see and make out the scenes being played. The show fits wonderfully with the theme of Animal Kingdom.

Now, getting a FP+ option for this is probably not necessary, unless the park itself is packed. I walked in with about 10 minutes to spare and there were plenty of seats available.

Do yourself a favor..Go see it. If you don't like it, you don't have to see it again, but you may be surprised...
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was fine. It is beautiful to look at, and worth seeing at least once.

But, DD LOVES it! She quickly declared it her favourite show at Disney. So, you may end up in the "I love it" group too.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

We saw this over the summer and got FP for the second show. I will say that in most cases FP is not needed, but it does give you a better, more direct viewing angle which is a plus. It is a very beautiful show, but IMHO suffers from the lack of a "story". In its original form I think there was more of a coherent storyline to the show, but I think this watered down, shortened version does not convey it very well.
    It was a one and done for my family. Glad we saw it, but won't be inclined to see it again.

Post Thanks / Like

We really enjoyed it and are looking forward to going again on our next trip!
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

ºoº

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

12. Likes Claudielou liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

We saw it the first week of May .... actually our last night and the seating was part of the dinner package (Tiffins for us). We really enjoyed it .... the colors, lights effects ... we were impressed ....
    5/21 SSR & BCV
    11/19 Copper Creek Villas
    5/17 - Boardwalk Villas & Swan
    10/14 Legacy Villas
    10/11 & 12 Coronado Springs
    1981 - 2010 Offsite
    1974,76,78 Fort Wilderness
    8/87 - 05 Disneyland

14. Likes Claudielou liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw it the Monday of Thanksgiving week. I was surprised that there was no wait for the standby line. Got right in with no problems. I liked the show, but ranked against the other Disney night time shows I would rank it last.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually a fan of the show. It's not really meant to compete with the fireworks shows like Fantasmic and Illuminations. AK is a different kind of park and feel. We felt it's well worth a FP for an evening show one of the nights of our stay. We will plan our schedule to enjoy some time at night in Pandora, catch some of the projection shows on the TOL, and then sit to enjoy a peaceful show like ROL.

I'd recommend, at the very least, to see it live once. Then you can make your own decision.

17. Likes Claudielou liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: