Quantcast Pilot Program to Add New FastPass+ Benefits for Guests Booking Club Level Rooms

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Pilot Program to Add New FastPass+ Benefits for Guests Booking Club Level Rooms

Local media has confirmed a new pilot program beginning this week at the Walt Disney World resort:

Quote Originally Posted by News 13 Orlando

Disney World to allow some guests to buy more Fastpasses

By Ashley Carter, Attractions Insider
    News 13 Orlando
    January 10, 2018

Guests staying at select Walt Disney World resorts will soon have the option of buying additional Fastpasses.

-Guests will be able to buy additional Fastpasses
    -Available to guests staying in club-level rooms
    -Option will costs $50 per person, per day

A Disney spokesperson confirmed the information with Spectrum News 13 on Tuesday.

The extra FastPass+ option will be available to club-level resort guests.

The three additional Fastpasses will cost $50 per person, per day and can be used at any park. Guests will need valid theme park admission.

A minimum three-day purchase is required for the add-on, according to Disney.

So for one guest who wants to add the option for three days, it would cost $150.

Club-level resort guests will be able to add the option after making their reservation. The additional Fastpasses can be booked 90 days in advance, instead of the usual 60 days for resort guests.

With the fastpasses, guests will get preferred viewing for nighttime spectaculars.

The add-on is available to Disney annual passholders who stay in eligible rooms.

Disney World plans to roll out the pilot program Friday (1/12/18).

Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Disney Dream May 2019, WDW Dec 2019

18 Oct ASMv
    16 (APs) Jan POR, Feb CSR, April ASMv, June BC, Oct Pop & Cabins, Dec ASMv & AKL & Pop, Jan '17 POFQ (10k!)
    15 May Pop&CBR pirates
    13 Oct ASMu&AoA
    10 (APs) June CR, Oct AKL&Pop, Dec Pop
    07 March ASMv
    04 June POR
    94 June Onsite

4. Likes waymickey, MattHolst liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

"With the fastpasses, guests will get preferred viewing for nighttime spectaculars."

I wonder if this is the fastpasses you use to reserve for the shows or if this is in addition to the fastpasses.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

$16.66 per fast pass???!!! Just think, if you buy a park pass for more than 4 days, you pay more for one ride than you pay for an extra day in the park!

The evil genius of it all. Create a lack of supply with fast pass+ then create more supply and charge for extra for it. And people still defend this horrible system.

Like I've said before, FP+ was the one thing Disney created that did not have guest experience in mind; it was done solely to monetize every second of every person's time in the park.

This is just the beginning. Eggheads at Disney are three or four steps ahead with how they plan on using FP+ to separate you from your money without adding any tangible benefit.

7. Likes The Hitchhiking Ghost, MattHolst liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another stupid concept from management that only cares about squeezing as much money from guests as possible. This is not the way to make folks feel connected to Disney and longing to come back! In my experience, the entire FP system is currently a disaster!
    Jeff

9. Thanks RunDMV thanked for this post
    Likes RunDMV, MattHolst liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

My concern is that the next step will be to offer this to everyone staying on property, or some version of it. For example maybe the guest at the value resort will only be able to get one extra ticket. At any rate if it is expanded it will make nearly impossible for someone who is staying offsite, or decides to do a Disney trip less than 60 days out to get Fastpasses for the newest attractions. Essentially, I fear that it will become a stay at a Disney resort and pay for extra fastpasses that you can book 90 days in advance or you only get to ride attractions that are more than 20 years old.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

11. Likes MattHolst liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I personally (with the way this program is at this moment) am not bothered by this. It is available to a very limited number of guests at a significant price point for folks (for a party of 4 with a 3 night stay - $600 at the very least) who are already paying a premium for their room. What's more, there is no double dipping on attractions. With all these parameters, I am not anticipating this to influence the day of the average park-goer at all.

By the way, are there even 6 attractions per park that warrant the need of a FP?

This is just my two cents.

If this is foreshadowing of things to come, well that is a different conversation for a different day.
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

13. Thanks PopPhan thanked for this post
    Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post
    I personally (with the way this program is at this moment) am not bothered by this. It is available to a very limited number of guests at a significant price point for folks (for a party of 4 with a 3 night stay - $600 at the very least) who are already paying a premium for their room. What's more, there is no double dipping on attractions. With all these parameters, I am not anticipating this to influence the day of the average park-goer at all.

By the way, are there even 6 attractions per park that warrant the need of a FP?

This is just my two cents.

If this is foreshadowing of things to come, well that is a different conversation for a different day.
    You might have missed the part where the extra FP can be used at any park, which means my take on it would be that a family with the park hopper could book a FP for Pandora, then book one for Star Wars and then one for Soarin. I saw this on another site yesterday and that was my take away.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw this on another site yesterday. I figured with my family of 5, which normally stays at moderate level resort, to upgrade to Deluxe CL, add the FP+ add on and add on the park hopper, it would be about a $750 per day! increase to our vacation.

Sorry kids, dad doesn't love you that much.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Hitchhiking Ghost View Post
    You might have missed the part where the extra FP can be used at any park, which means my take on it would be that a family with the park hopper could book a FP for Pandora, then book one for Star Wars and then one for Soarin. I saw this on another site yesterday and that was my take away.
    I did see that after the fact, but still, if that is how the club level guests want to spend their money and time... I guess it's ok. I just don't see a large number of guests who will be able (club level only) or willing (spending $50/person/day plus hoppers) to do this and for that reason, I'm ok with it. 4 parks, one World is a bear to do and I just don't think there will be many taking advantage. In fact, they would be better off to do two parks only per day if they want to park hop - that would be the better plan. 3 FP+ in the am, nap, hop and do 3FP+ in the pm. And if these club level guests are AP holders that would reduce the need for park hoppers... If I had all the monies, that is how I'd do it, but I'm not going to, because in my world - this whole thing is ridiculous.

I still think this is too small of a group willing to do this to upset my vacation.

From a business standpoint - it's brilliant. Charging for something that costs them nothing. NOTHING!!!
    Carrie

CBR: 2/21-2/25/17
    POR: 6/4-6/11/16
    POFQ: 11/15-11/19/15
    8/28-9/1/14 -DL-Dumbo 19.3 C2C
    POR: 1/7-1/14/14 -Dopey 48.6
    POR: 6/11-6/17/13
    ASMu: 1/11-1/15/13 -1st Full 26.2
    ASMu: 9/22-9/28/11
    ASMu: 6/7-6/13/11
    Pop: 1/30-2/6/10
    Pop: 2/1-2/7/09
    Pop: 1/08
    ASMu: 05/06
    Off-site: 12/93

17. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    My concern is that the next step will be to offer this to everyone staying on property, or some version of it. For example maybe the guest at the value resort will only be able to get one extra ticket. At any rate if it is expanded it will make nearly impossible for someone who is staying offsite, or decides to do a Disney trip less than 60 days out to get Fastpasses for the newest attractions. Essentially, I fear that it will become a stay at a Disney resort and pay for extra fastpasses that you can book 90 days in advance or you only get to ride attractions that are more than 20 years old.
    That's pretty much the case now.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by cer View Post

It is a foreshadowing.

Post Thanks / Like

I still want to know how many people told Disney, " if only you could make a system that forces me to plan every detail two months in advance, eliminate spontaneity, lock me out of the best attractions AND cost more, I would love that."

21. Likes MattHolst liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    I still want to know how many people told Disney, " if only you could make a system that forces me to plan every detail two months in advance, eliminate spontaneity, lock me out of the best attractions AND cost more, I would love that."
    Apparently me, because I'm considering it. I am not a fan of the idea, but booking our fastpasses at the 90 day mark gives me a better chance at getting my daughter what she wants and reserved seating for nighttime shows with a 2 year old would make life easier (less time spent standing in line).
    Not to mention the money I save in food. When your kids are all over 6 feet tall, you spend a pretty penny in food at the parks. If we go back to the resort and let them eat, the increased cost in the room is still cheaper than if I paid for food at the park.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    Apparently me, because I'm considering it. I am not a fan of the idea, but booking our fastpasses at the 90 day mark gives me a better chance at getting my daughter what she wants and reserved seating for nighttime shows with a 2 year old would make life easier (less time spent standing in line).
    Not to mention the money I save in food. When your kids are all over 6 feet tall, you spend a pretty penny in food at the parks. If we go back to the resort and let them eat, the increased cost in the room is still cheaper than if I paid for food at the park.
    That didn't make sense. The horrible system they have now could have been set up so that you can only get a FP on the day of your park visit. (And it could still be set up like that.) You could still use the app and the kiosk but only on the day.

AP holders and day visitors would actually have a chance.

But, if they did this, the main objective would be the guest experience not maximizing profits at the expense of the guest experience.

24. Likes MattHolst liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    But, you can only book the 3 FP+ options that you paid for in advance at the 90 day mark. The 'normal' "free" FP+ options are still only available to book at the 60 day mark.

I just don't see a minimum of $150 to book 9 FP+ options (Minimum purchase - 3 days!) as a big draw for anyone, Club Level or not. I don't stay Club Level (way to rich for my blood) but I don't see this as something that will affect me in any real manner.

Time and $$$ will tell....
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Finally got to this stage. This has been a long time coming and many were in denial.

27. Likes RunDMV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    But, if they did this, the main objective would be the guest experience not maximizing profits at the expense of the guest experience.
    I agree. There are many things that would be different about this if it were about the guests. This is, and has been, all about making things easier for Disney and fooling guests that it is for them.

29. Likes RunDMV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tekneek View Post
    Finally got to this stage. This has been a long time coming and many were in denial.
    Yep, and I do not think this is the end. I think if this is a success for Disney at the club level, they will start rolling some form of it out to guest at the rest of their resorts. I eventually see a day when the level of resort determines how many extra fastpasses you can purchase. This is assuming that Disney just doesn't go to a system that is more like what Six Flags does, where you have to buy an pass that lets you skip the lines.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

31. Likes MattHolst liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

This is also available to those staying at the DVC Club rooms at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas, Cascade Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and the bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: