Quantcast Do fop fast passes really exist?.

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Do fop fast passes really exist?.

I have been trying to get one since it opened. This next trip will make 4 since it has. I cannot score fast passes for this! Any ideas?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We were able to get one for our upcoming trip. I just tried for every day of our trip and finally got it on a day we were not going to the parks. Now we are. You just have to be very flexible with your schedule. That is the only thing we are doing in the parks that day

Post Thanks / Like

I had scored numerous FP+options for FoP for my trip the week after Thanksgiving 2017 and actually gave a couple back as I would not be in AK on those days.

I started with the last day of my visit and worked backward and was able to get one for each of the last 4 days of my trip. I stopped even trying at that point. They weren't "ideal" times, but well worth it. I kept two and was very glad I did. Amazing ride!
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

It works much better if you put your Animal Kingdom day at or toward the end of your trip. If you try to get Flight of Passage early in the trip, it will likely be gone. You also usually have to be pretty flexible on the time and, if you have a short trip, that will make it really hard.
    Proud DVC owner

6. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It also has a a lot to do with the time of year you are going. For example a previous poster mentioned being able to get them the week after Thanksgiving. That week is usually less crowded then other times of the year (and a lot less crowded than the week of Thanksgiving).
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

Yes, it is extremely difficult to get. Most times I've been able to check, the FOP FPs are gone 60, 61, 62, even 65 days in advance due to people having reservations onsite. Part of the reason I'm looking forward to Star Wars opening is it might ease up some of the FOP attention! Or maybe not! Another issue, in my opinion, there's no comparison between the 2 Pandora attractions. FOP is significantly more interesting than the River Ride - so a high percentage of folks go right for FOP.

Post Thanks / Like

As Yogi Berra once said, that place is so popular, no one goes there anymore.
    "You used all the glue on purpose!"

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

People staying offsite and us locals don’t have a prayer for a FoP FastPass as they are all taken by onsite vacationers who can book in their 60 day window. It’s frustrating but it is what it is.
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Post Thanks / Like

On our last trip in August we got 3 FoP fastpasses on 3 separate days on the day of. We checked mid day on the MDE app and got them, it was amazing. We ended up riding it 5 times that trip, we changed our plans in order to accommodate the spur of the moment score of fastpasses. It is by far our favorite ride ever.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
    August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

12. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hog View Post
    On our last trip in August we got 3 FoP fastpasses on 3 separate days on the day of. We checked mid day on the MDE app and got them, it was amazing. We ended up riding it 5 times that trip, we changed our plans in order to accommodate the spur of the moment score of fastpasses. It is by far our favorite ride ever.

This is kind of what I was talking about in my previous post. August, especially late August has lighter crowds. This is because of two reasons 1) Teachers have to go back usually 2 weeks before the kids do 2) kids in highschool that participate in band, drill team, football, and any other sport that has a fall season have to go back for practice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ThanxForNoticin View Post
    Part of the reason I'm looking forward to Star Wars opening is it might ease up some of the FOP attention! Or maybe not!
    I am thinking not, unless Star Wars is so good people start skipping AK altogether. More likely it will lead to shorter lines at other DHS attractions. I noticed this at AK on my past trip.

I went the week of Thanksgiving in both 2016 and 2017. Most of the older attractions had shorter wait time in 2017 than in 2016 (EE was the exception). I have no doubt that had a lot to do with the 5 hour wait for FOP and the 2.5 hour wait for Na'vi river journey.

I did not notice any dips in wait times at the other parks from 2016 to 2017.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy1998 View Post
    This is kind of what I was talking about in my previous post. August, especially late August has lighter crowds. This is because of two reasons 1) Teachers have to go back usually 2 weeks before the kids do 2) kids in highschool that participate in band, drill team, football, and any other sport that has a fall season have to go back for practice.
    Even though that may be the case, Avatar was extremely new at this point. Wait times were upwards of 260 minutes for FOP and 120 minutes for Navi River when we were there. I think we got lucky and people either canceled their fastpasses, didn't show up or they were moving through the line faster than expected (fewer break downs or just loading guests faster than normal) this allowed them to possibly release more fast passes. I think this is a viable suggestion if you are unable to get fastpasses at the 60 day or 30 day mark.

We leave next week and we will see how lucky we get this time. But we didn't plan any of our days until we saw which days we were able to get FOP fast passes then we planned the days around that. You have to take what you can get if you want to ride it.

August 1989- Caribbean Beach Resort
    July 1996- Swan
    July 1998- Contemporary Resort
    May 2010- Boardwalk
    October 2011-POP!
    June 2013 - Off Property
    July 2014- Off Property
    October 2014 - AKL
    April 2015 - POP!
    June 2015 - ?

Post Thanks / Like

This is one of the times where Disneyland's way is much better. Having to get up at 6am (3am Pacific) to try and get a fastpass 6 months away is nothing but STUPID. Instead, go to the MaxPass system where you can't get a FP until you're in the park. You use your phone or magicband and get the next available time. No getting up 30 minutes too late at your 60 day window, realizing your extra sleep means you'll be in line for 90 minutes for one ride.

I haven't been back to WDW since FP+. They need to kill it and go with the DL version. So much better. So much fairer. No more freaking out of FPs for rides.
    My name is Gator. You killed my Sorcerer's Hat. Prepare to die.

DL 2-17,8-17, 11-17; DL 2016; DL 11-2015; DL-DL-Hotel 2-2015; DL 2014; DL-Paradise Pier 2013; POFQ Dec 2012; CSR - Jan 2011; AKL-Kidani - Jan 2010; A.S.Mov - Dec 2008; CSR - Dec 2006; DL Feb 2006; CBR - Feb 2004; POR - Jun 2002

17. Thanks RunDMV thanked for this post
    Likes RunDMV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PopPhan View Post
    I had scored numerous FP+options for FoP for my trip the week after Thanksgiving 2017 and actually gave a couple back as I would not be in AK on those days.

I started with the last day of my visit and worked backward and was able to get one for each of the last 4 days of my trip. I stopped even trying at that point. They weren't "ideal" times, but well worth it. I kept two and was very glad I did. Amazing ride!
    Just to clarify, these were single FPs not multiple FPs for a family?

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: