Quantcast Opinions on our plans please

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Opinions on our plans please

Here's our dining plans so far for our May trip. My concerns are
    1) A 2-year-old. She was scared of Santa but okay with being close to him if her daddy held her. She met Stitch when she was a year old and was fine with him. Daddy was close by at that time also.

2) Picky eaters

3) DD is allergic to seafood.

Friday, May 11
    Arrive and spend a relaxing evening on the Boardwalk. Beaches and Cream for dinner at 8:40 pm. My DD thinks we can all tackle the Kitchen Sink. With three people over 6 feet tall, it may be a possibility.

Saturday, May 12
    Breakfast at the Tusker House at 10:15 with the Rivers of Light dining package. I'm not sure about the granddaughter and characters, but the menu at Tiffin's is definitely out with the picky eaters. I have enjoyed the breakfast buffet at Tusker House when I was there.

Sunday, May 13.
    Dinner at Raglan Road at 6:30 pm. I wanted something at Disney Springs, since we plan on going to see Avengers: Infinity Wars after dinner.

Monday, May 14
    Breakfast at the Garden Grill at 0950. I've never seen great reviews about this place, but I've also never seen horrible ones. The idea of eating food from Living With the Land is what draws me to it. Once again though, I'm concerned about a 2 year old with characters.

Dinner at Restaurant Marrakesh @ 6:00 pm. This is a request of the future groom. It is their wedding planning trip, so it is a must-do. Not sure that watching belly dancers will go over too well with the future bride though.

Tuesday, May 15
    Breakfast at Be Our Guest at 0925. This is a request of the future bride. I will miss our normal must-do reservation at Crystal Palace, but she really wants to eat here.

Friday, May 18
    Princess Storybook Dining Breakfast at Akershus at 1035. A princess breakfast for our little princess. Hopefully she does okay with face characters.

Sunday, May 20
    'Ohana's best friends breakfast with Lilo and Stitch at 0940 before hitting MK prior to our flight out.

Pro's? Cons? Thoughts?
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I think everyone will be ok. Breakfast meals for picky eaters is a great solution! Who doesn't love breakfast!?! Even at Tusker House (which gets rave reviews for its breakfast) I think everyone will leave full.

Just beware the seafood allergy at Raglan Road. Mention it in case there is cross contamination in the kitchen. They fry a lot of seafood and may not use separate oil for other items like fries. They are wonderful at accommodations where allergies are concerned.
    ~Nikki~
    Last Trip: February 2024
    Next Trips: April 2024

Post Thanks / Like

Your plans look nice!

My son is allergic to all seafood and poultry. My husband is allergic to some seafood. We have been able to eat at any TD places in Disney without incident. We always note the allergies on our ADR and I let our server know as well. Most times we are asked about it as we are seated before we even have the chance to bring it up. They are extremely good about going over the menu with us and often times a chef will come visit the table or walk us through a buffet to be sure. I think you should be safe as far as the allergy goes.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

At the restaurants mention the allergy as people have already mentioned. The chef will come out and walk any buffet to let you know what is safe. At table service food is very carefully prepared when an allergy is involved. Enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like

Also wanted to add that in the event that there aren't many "safe" choices for the person with the allergy they will often offer other options or offer to prepare something not on the menu for them. We have run across this with my son who is allergic to both the seafood and poultry. Sometimes there just isn't a whole lot for him. We have never been disappointed in dining as far as his allergies are concerned. They do a wonderful job to accommodate as best they can.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Your plans look great! I'm sure that there will be a Crystal Palace meal during the Supercalafriendaliciousweddingbirthdayocious trip
    -Laura
    Engineer by Day... Imagineer in my Dreams!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi_7378 View Post
    Your plans look great! I'm sure that there will be a Crystal Palace meal during the Supercalafriendaliciousweddingbirthdayocious trip
    Lol. That is so awesome that you remembered this, and yes, it is definitely in the plans for that trip.

Post Thanks / Like

In regard to the characters and Garden Grill, at many of the tables, it is possible to sit where the characters would be across the table from you, so if you put the little one towards the back, perhaps she will feel more protected and have fun waving to them. This worked for us with my nephew one year at Chef Mickey's. Earlier in the trip, he had spent the whole mealtime under the table at Crystal Palace trying to escape the characters.

Have a great trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenDreams View Post
    In regard to the characters and Garden Grill, at many of the tables, it is possible to sit where the characters would be across the table from you, so if you put the little one towards the back, perhaps she will feel more protected and have fun waving to them. This worked for us with my nephew one year at Chef Mickey's. Earlier in the trip, he had spent the whole mealtime under the table at Crystal Palace trying to escape the characters.

Have a great trip!
    Thank you for the tip. I always feel badly for kids who get so scared of the characters.

Post Thanks / Like

You will be there the exact dates I will be there. Small world...see what I did there? lol As far as the picky eater, there are so many options. Sometimes my child orders from the appetizers menu. Its very easy to avoid Seafood at Disney. As for the character meets. I found that the characters walk the room for a bit. Have her watch them and get her excited. if it seems she's going to flip out. You can tell a staff member to ask the character to not visit your table. They are more than happy to help. They want a positive experience for your family.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Disney24-7 View Post
    You will be there the exact dates I will be there. Small world...see what I did there? lol As far as the picky eater, there are so many options. Sometimes my child orders from the appetizers menu. Its very easy to avoid Seafood at Disney. As for the character meets. I found that the characters walk the room for a bit. Have her watch them and get her excited. if it seems she's going to flip out. You can tell a staff member to ask the character to not visit your table. They are more than happy to help. They want a positive experience for your family.
    Yes, it's a small world after all.

I remember one little girl at Crystal Palace. She would get so excited as the characters got closer and closer to her table. It was so cute to watch her. Then, when they got to her, she was completely terrified - screaming and everything. lol

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: