Quantcast and a changing a researvation question

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion

Post Thanks / Like

Default and a changing a researvation question

I saw the sticky at the top about discounts for my dates. That would save me about $300. My understanding is that I would have to cancel my first trip and book a fresh one to take advantage of the new rate - BUT does that mean I lose all my dining reservations? Is there any way to get the new rate without losing those?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mom2morgan View Post
    I saw the sticky at the top about discounts for my dates. That would save me about $300. My understanding is that I would have to cancel my first trip and book a fresh one to take advantage of the new rate - BUT does that mean I lose all my dining reservations? Is there any way to get the new rate without losing those?
    Time to call Magical Journeys. They can walk you thru it...

Post Thanks / Like

Cancelling your room would not cancel your ADRs. Something for people who need to cancel a trip, you need to go and cancel each ADR. That being said, the ladies at MJ would be able to help you out and they are great to work with!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks VWL mom - I do prefer to manage my own trip, and it was very easy. After reading your post I realized there was no reason it should cancel reservations, since obviously people make dining ressies even when they are staying off site (although I do wonder what would happen if you tried doing it in that first "10 day" window??). So I just went in and booked a room at the new price, and then cancelled the previous reservation. To anyone else considering doing this - I booked the new one FIRST because I think they have a limited number of rooms at discount prices (maybe?) and thought it would be awful if I cancelled and then couldn't re-book!

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it all worked out!
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

7.37 miles from WDW. My retirement dream come true!
    Post Thanks / Like

Just and FYI....you still manage your own trip when you book using Magical Journeys....in this instance they would have already re-booked you at the discount and informed you of your savings. Just something to consider in the future ��
    I LOVE DISNEY WORLD!!!!!
    A dream is a wish your heart makes and mine came true when I retired here in December 2014! I go to a park at least once a week!

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: