Quantcast Refund for cancellation... help!!

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion

Post Thanks / Like

Default Refund for cancellation... help!!

Hello all,
    I havenít posted here in a while, but I really need help with trying to figure this out.
    Due to unseen circumstances, I had to cancel my WDW vacation in May. I just cancelled it online a few minutes ago and then realized I donít have the gift cards I payed the vacation with!
    Iíve heard itís an absolute nightmare trying to get a refunded without the original cards to charge back to.
    Has anyone had a similar problem? If so, how do I go about trying to get my money back problem free? Any advise is appreciated!
    Last edited by Dewdrop034; 01-03-2018 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Misspelling

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dewdrop034 View Post
    Hello all,
    I havenít posted here in a while, but I really need help with trying to figure this out.
    Due to unseen circumstances, I had to cancel my WDW vacation in May. I just cancelled it online a few minutes ago and then realized I donít have the gift cards I payed the vacation with!
    Iíve heard itís an absolute nightmare trying to get a refunded without the original cards to charge back to.
    Has anyone had a similar problem? If so, how do I go about trying to get my money back problem free? Any advise is appreciated!
    Iíd call them now. See if you can get a credit against a future trip...
    John - aka. The Master Control Program
    Owner, Chairman & Chief Imagination Officer - INTERCOT

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with John, call them ASAP.

It is possible for them to issue you a new GC, but it won't happen unless you talk to them about it.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Nightlife, Shopping & Waterparks, Collectibles

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Upcoming: Cuba Cruise & Disney October 2018

Post Thanks / Like

By any chance did you have the gift cards listed on the gift card site? If they're still there you could see the money and transfer it to a new card.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Post Thanks / Like

Well, to update everyone. I called WDW travel and they told me they refunded me the money. I told them that the $200.00 deposit I put down was not refunded yet to my account and that I do not have the 2 $500.00 gift cards in my possession, so refunding them to me would be useless.
    The woman on the phone told me they will reissue 2 new $500 cards and mail them out to me and I should receive them in 10 days.
    Iíll believe it when I see it.

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds like it will work out, just keep after it.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: