Quantcast FOP Fast pass timing?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default FOP Fast pass timing?

I was just wondering if it would be easier to get a fast pass for Flight of Passage in the evening rather than first thing in the morning? Any thoughts on best timing??

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You may have to settle for getting one at whatever time pops up (if any time pops up). The standby line for this ride is often more that 2 hours shortly after park opening. It's very popular and I would guess that getting a fastpass for it may be hit or miss.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with Faline, pretty much it's still in the take what you can get stages. We've been lucky and gotten early evening and late afternoon, just not willing to deal with the AM crowds.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

5. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I could only get fast pass for early evening when we are there in middle of January

7. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I would take whatever you can get for the day you want, but if you have a choice, I'd go for an evening one. Pandora is awesome at night, and you can spend the morning in the rest of AK, which is quite quiet, since everyone else is rushing to FOP in the AM.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

9. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Another reason why FP+ is horrible. Schedule FOP for the evening hours to enjoy the night viewing and you've locked yourself out of FPs for the time before (and most likely after because no more FPs will be left).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RunDMV View Post
    Another reason why FP+ is horrible. Schedule FOP for the evening hours to enjoy the night viewing and you've locked yourself out of FPs for the time before (and most likely after because no more FPs will be left).
    Sorry, have to disagree. We enjoy having the mornings to ourselves knowing we're all set for later in the day.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

12. Likes PopPhan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VWL Mom View Post
    Sorry, have to disagree. We enjoy having the mornings to ourselves knowing we're all set for later in the day.
    I agree 100% FP+ has been amazing for us, in that we often book for later in the day, do what we want in the morning, still having some "good" stuff queued for later.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I agree 100% FP+ has been amazing for us, in that we often book for later in the day, do what we want in the morning, still having some "good" stuff queued for later.
    Because you settled for the byproduct Disney gave themself. FP+ was all about Disney and nothing about the guest. They just want #1) the ability to cram as many people in the park as possible by artificially spreading out the crowds, and #2) the ability to plan staffing ahead.

As I've said before, FP+ can and should get rid of the 60 window. The system can support only making FPs from the app once you are in the park and or from any kiosk in the park.

October is the first time I've been back since + was created. And that's only because we moved to Florida and my wife, who loves Disney, insisted we get resident passes. Ive disliked every visit since; last minute/spontaneous visits work against FP+

Post Thanks / Like

I will be aiming for late afternoon\evening FP for FOP for our upcoming trip. We plan to do Epcot that morning. Our first park day will be one of the last days for Flower and Garden Festival. We plan to spend the morning at Epcot mainly for the festival and lunch at the food booths so no real need for FP that morning. We will saved FP for that evening at AK. Sometimes getting FP for the evening is just the better strategy!

We also plan to try for FP for FOP on our last park day morning. We plan to hop around that last day so if we haven't scored FP for that first evening I'll try for our last morning.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

Fastpasses for FOP are like gold dust, take any time you can!

We were offsite so our Fastpass window was 30 days, during that I didn't see a single FOP Fastpass become available, despite checking regularly and even managing to find two River Journey and even a Seven Dwarfs Minetrain - the latter became available a few days before we went!

In late August we did quite well with FOP in standby when we went early afternoon, it had been 2 hours plus during the morning but we managed to get through the queue in only 90 minutes. It isn't often that I will say "only 90 minutes" when discussing a queue!
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everyone for your input. Not going until Dec.2018. Maybe the lines will be a little shorter by then!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by disneyjo46 View Post
    Thanks to everyone for your input. Not going until Dec.2018. Maybe the lines will be a little shorter by then!!
    I was able to get a morning FP+ for FOP for March. (Just booked today!) If you're going in early December, you might have some choices. During Christmas week, you might not find anything.
    First trip: 1992 with sister, last trip 2018 with grandchild, not done yet!

Post Thanks / Like

I just read a FastPass to skip the line at FoP is a double-edged sword, since you’ll miss much of the queue attractions, like the research lab, the full-sized Avatar, etc. Is it true? Is the lab along the regular queue corridor?

And.. if I spend time at the lab area, other people behind me will walk and be before me at the line after being in the lab, right?
    September 1973
    August 1988
    November 1990
    May 1993
    April 1996 (Disneyland)
    October 1999
    October 2002 (Disneyland)
    March 2003
    December 2009
    July 2011
    March 2013
    January 2017
    November 2018

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by villavic View Post
    I just read a FastPass to skip the line at FoP is a double-edged sword, since you’ll miss much of the queue attractions, like the research lab, the full-sized Avatar, etc. Is it true? Is the lab along the regular queue corridor?

And.. if I spend time at the lab area, other people behind me will walk and be before me at the line after being in the lab, right?
    You do bypass most of that stuff in the FP line. We did one standby and one FP on our last trip. We did the standby first, I think it was a 1 1/2 hour wait. I wouldn't worry about people passing you by. With that amount of time in line, we had plenty of time to see the lab and take pictures without losing our spot.
    Susanne

21. Thanks villavic thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes you miss the full size Avatar. But right now the standby line is 75 minutes to 2hrs from early in the day. Personally, I don’t think it’s worth the wait. You get the main story in the FP line.
    26 years staying at the Polynesian
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow, shining at the end of everyday...
    Twenty six straight years staying at the Polynesian
    Next trip: October 2018

23. Thanks villavic thanked for this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: