Quantcast The State of INTERCOT? - Page 3

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Yeah, that's it. It's not your real life professional training
    That gave me a good laugh. Unfortunately, you can't threaten haters on Facebook with catheters and rectal tubes.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Telford, United Kingdom.......4,236 miles.
    Post Thanks / Like

As a Medical Resident (I think that is the US equivalent of my doctor grade, in UK it's Senior House Officer) that made me laugh!
    Disney World Visits:
    1. May-June 1998 (3 weeks)
    2. May-June 2001 (3 weeks)
    3. October-November 2004 (2 weeks)
    4. August-September 2010 (2 weeks)
    5. August-September 2017 (2 weeks)

NOW APPROACHING: 6. May 2021

Post Thanks / Like

This thread was a really interesting read!

It's been three years since our last Disney trip, when we were typically going every other year. There were a few different factors involved in causing that, but it wasn't because we're less enamored with Disney. But, it means I ended up not keeping up with things here like I had before. Now that we have a trip booked, I'm checking in regularly to see what the discussions are like.

I agree with the social media/forum comparisons. It's like eating a bunch of junk food (Facebook), instead of sitting down and having a decent meal (Intercot). While I follow a couple of Disney groups on FB, I rarely read anything there. I only joined FB a few years ago because family members were nagging me to join so that I could share more pictures of the girls. It definitely is a great resource for doing that! However, it's also a mess. I would take breaks of several weeks at a time just for my mental health. I wish I could still do that, but I foolishly created a community group in response to a local issue, and am the sole moderator of 1300+ people. Let me tell you, my appreciation level for the mods here was always high, but now is in the stratosphere. I've also created very strict rules to maintain civility. It ain't easy.

I've peeked at many other WDW vacation resources, and honestly, nothing compares to Intercot. We've had many vacations that were better than they would have been because of information and opinions here. Sometimes it's just a small thing that adds to the magic of the trip, and sometimes it's something that flat out makes the whole trip a success. Coming back here, I have been browsing more than posting, but I'm going to sign in every time and make an effort to comment where appropriate. Lurking is a weirdly easy habit to fall into and a weirdly hard habit to break.
    Susanne

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Giggy View Post
    As a Medical Resident (I think that is the US equivalent of my doctor grade, in UK it's Senior House Officer) that made me laugh!
    Good to know there's another warped medical professional here :P
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: