Went to NYC for all the holiday windows and lights and festive cheer. It is a day trip from where I live by Amtrak. Get to NYC at 11am and leave for home at 8.

I get lost so easily in the city and was by myself, so I made little notecards to direct me to each new spot. Still walked in a lot of circles and it was like Timon described the watering hole with animals charging in for a treat. I will NEVER go this close to Christmas ever ever again.

Highlights-

Shake Shack was awesome and so was the cheesecake from Juniors.

Got some Chanukah blue and white (instead of black and white) from Zaro’s. Their cookies are very good.

Run, don’t walk, to see Spongebob the Musical❤️❤️Soooo. Good. Very talented cast

All the holiday windows are beautiful. The Disney store is well stocked with fun stuff. Macy’s is beautiful inside.

The cons-

Even with extensive research and documentation I never found Discovery Center Times Square. It moved. All the info on google and mapping it showed the old location. So my Downton Abbey ticket sits unused in my backpack. 😡😢 the place is up closer to Central Park now instead of in the theatre district near Juniors.

The Snow White windows and light show was the scariest thing I have ever experienced. Imagine leaving Epcot and getting to Spaceship Earth after Illuminations except the crowds are so tight and pushing against you and NOT moving. I seriously thought I was going to get crushed. For 10 minutes I couldn’t move and finally I grabbed some strangers coat that was a tall guy and followed him out. I never saw a window at Saks but part of the light show I did see. It runs every 6 minutes.

I walked and walked and walked. From Saks to Macy’s was a long crowded walk.

Love NYC. Love Broadway. But never again this close to Christmas!!