Quantcast Mosquitoes at poly/wl vs epcot area

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Mosquitoes at poly/wl vs epcot area

Hello everyone, ,may seem an odd question but planning a trip and wanting to stay somewhere new, always stay in epcot area hotels. I want to maybe try Poly or WL, and spend a little more time having fun around the hotel etc. When I went to the poly luau I was eaten alive by mosquitoes, I've also had the same happen at fort wilderness area (not far from wl) and was wondering for folks who stay there, does this happen much to you all? I know they are nearer to natural areas and waterways and the epcot resorts and areas closer to manmade areas waterways. I'm not focused on zika or anything, I just don't want to spend my vacation covered in bugspray, but I keep staying the in same areas so considering something new. Any experiences appreciated, thank you!
    Howard Johnsons 1982,Guest Quarters 1989,Guest Quarters 1990,YC 1995,BC 1997, BC 1999, BC 2002, BC 2005 May, Sept., BC 2006 Oct, BC 2007 May, BWI 2008 May, YC 2009 April, YC 2010 December Honeymoon, YC 2016 April, BCV 2017 January, BC 2018 May, BC CL 2019 March

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never experienced mosquitoes at the Poly on any of our trips trips. The only place I've ever encountered a problem was at Bay Lake Tower in October during ICOT20. Mosquitoes, or something similar, were thick - coating the walls outside TOTWL, and being a royal nuisance. I assumed it was due to the effects of the hurricane.

Disney does a really good job at trying to keep the pests in check.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Post Thanks / Like

We were at the POLY in July this past summer and the only place I was attacked by mosquitos was in the evening at Trader Sam's Tiki Terrace. My husband and I couldn't even sit and enjoy one drink....my legs and his had welts for a couple days. I wish we would have put on the bug spray that night.

Around other areas of the resort I never had a problem.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Over 20 something trips and only got mosquito bites once. That was at Port Orleans Riverside during a trip in June. We stayed at Riverside for one night (arrival night), then spent 8 nights at Caribbean Beach and our last night at WL. Did not encounter mosquitoes at any other resort during this trip.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

I have never experienced anything out of the norm for the South as far as mosquitos go. It is Florida and there is water everywhere, a mile or two from one resort to another isn't going to make a nickel worth the difference. It all comes down to the weather. If it happens to rain a lot for a couple of days creating standing water, there are going to be more mosquitos for a few days. If you had a bad experience, it was probably just a matter of weather and timing (wrong place at the wrong time).

Post Thanks / Like

We've never used bug spray at Disney World. I don't know that any of us have ever had a mosquito bite there.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: