Has anyone else seen Coco?! Disney/Pixar movies always make me cry at the end (well, usually) and this one did not disappoint. The animation was fantastic, it had a couple catchy songs, and the theme of family was beautiful.

So here is my lesson to all of you: I do a lot of family tree research and have become the person in both branches of my tree that everyone hands the old photographs and heirlooms on to. So the fact that this movie centered around these old pictures of long deceased relatives needing to be displayed so that they are "remembered" and can come back to visit on the Day of the Dead really hit home with me. I have been going through soooooo many old photographs lately from the late 1800's and early 1900's and trying to figure out who are in them. I feel horrible throwing any out, but there are so many that aren't labelled and NO ONE will ever know who they are. So my lesson I want to share with all of you...LABEL THE BACKS OF YOUR PHOTOGRAPHS (if you even print them out anymore...which is an entirely new issue, but go back and label the older ones). You may think that "everyone knows that's Aunt Jane" but someday, 100 years from now, people will look at it and say "who is that?" or say "Aunt Jane? Jane who?" and toss it in the garbage. Label them with first and last names! When I do figure out who someone is, I ask myself, "I wonder if they ever thought that 100 years from when this picture was taken that someone would look at it and think of them."