Quantcast Warcraft, Disneyland and Beaches Oh My Day 5

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Warcraft, Disneyland and Beaches Oh My Day 5

Me- 46 year old Disney lover who doesn't act her age
    DR (Dear Roommate) - 33 year old who has no idea what he is getting himself into

I woke up early, ready to go. DR finally dragged himself out of bed and got ready. We parked and took the tram to Downtown Disney. We were both hungry, so we stopped at Rainforest Café. DR loved his chicken sandwich. Our server was pretty awesome. I don't remember what I ate. We are planning on going to Trex at Disney World next year. I was concerned that it would be too loud and scare DR's 3 year old daughter. He said he thought it would be fine if it was like Rainforest Café.
    After lunch, we stopped and added more days onto our park tickets in order to have enough days when DS arrived. Somehow, when they switched our tickets, my info wound up on his ticket and his info wound up on mine. We didn't know this at the time though.

Today was DR's first full day in the park. Our first stop was at City Hall. DR reassured me that everything was going to work out regarding my disability access. He said that if he didn't get to see something because the line was too long, then it wouldn't be any big deal. "I've gone my whole life without seeing it. It won't hurt me to miss anything." He also reminded me that my DS who was going to arrive the next night wouldn't mind either. I knew he was right, but I also knew DS' wife would be less than happy with those circumstances. In the end, the cast members who helped us were very, very nice. The cast member at city hall directed us to go to Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln. They had a little podium set up behind The Mad Hatter where guests with disabilities were assisted quickly. The program is all electronic now. The cast member quickly explained it to us and informed us we would have to return and link my son's families tickets when they arrived. We then got a return time for Buzz Lightyear, and we were on our way.
    We stopped at Mad Hatter and picked out our ears. DR got Spider-Man ears and a Marvel baseball cap. I picked out some white and black ears. When we walked out of the store, a giant Christmas tree was staring right at us. I am not sure how I missed it before.
    We slowly wandered up Main St while DR looked around at everything. It's probably the first time I've ever stopped and listened to the noises coming from the upstairs "shops". When we reached the end of Main St, I made him pose for our first photopass pictures in front of the Walt and Mickey statue. I wasn't really thrilled with the way they turned out - the statue was covered up in most of them and the castle was tilted- so I made him go get more pictures right in front of the castle. When the photopass photographer said he was done, I asked if he could do the picture where it looks like DR is holding all the balloons. The photographer said "How do you know about that?" I mentioned that I may have been to Disneyland a time or two before. He took the picture. I sent it to DR's mother, and she loved it!
    It was time to go save the Galaxy from the Evil Emperor Zurg. We had a running bet about who would win. We were pretty evenly matched until the ride came to a stop in a position that only DR could shoot targets. Instead of trying to shoot through his head, I told DR to keep shooting in order to save the universe. He got gloating rights this time.
    We were notified that we needed to save the rebel spy in 30 mins. We took the time to relax and watch the junior padawans train. The Jedi defeated the Dark Side, and we hopped on our ship just in time to keep Darth Vader from getting the rebel spy. BB8 sent our instructions to R2D2 and off we went through hyperspace. After landing in Naboo, we left Tomorrowland and headed to Toontown. My oldest DS is a huge Star Wars fan, so we planned to return to Tomorrowland when he arrived.
    DR loved Toontown. He plunged the TNT plunger. We visited Chip and Dale's house and then road their rollercoaster. We had tea at Minnie's House where a cast member who was picking up trash kindly offered to take our picture together. We saved the toons on Car Toon Spin and then sat down for our first Mickey Bar. DR got it all in his beard and moustache. I laughed so hard that I had to take a picture of it.
    We left Toontown and flew to Neverland.
    Peter Pan dropped us back off at Fantasyland, and we stopped to watch the band play in front of the Bippity Boppity Boutique. DR is very excited about doing this with his daughter next year. Humming a few toons, we walked through Sleeping Beauty's Castle. This is my favorite movie. My main in World of Warcraft is named Maleficent, so DR can never forget this. :P
    We wandered through the drawbridge and back onto Main St. It was too close to the time for our reservation at Blue Bayou for us to do any more rides, but too early for us to check in. DR asked what I wanted to do, so I decided to wander through the Main St. shops. The first one we chose had Christmas tree ornaments. I had been wanting to get a personalized Disney ornament for my younger DS' wedding present this December, so I was excited. We wandered all through the store, and then I spent another 15 mins trying to decide how to decorate it. DR held onto the receipt and promised he wouldn't let me forget to pick it up. Then we headed off to Blue Bayou.

We were checking in about 15 mins, and I asked if we could be seated by the water. The cast member let us know that we would probably have to wait longer, but it was worth the wait to me. She said she would go find out how long the wait would be and quickly returned saying it would only be about 15 minutes. We didn't even wait that long. I was in 7th heaven.
    I could see the fireflies twinkling and listen to the water lapping. DR and I talked about how I could decorate my backyard like the restaurant. DR got the house salad. I got the gumbo. We wound up switching, because he regretted his decision after he tried the gumbo. We both ordered the Rib-Eye. It was delicious. He still prefers the food at Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen though. We were too stuffed to have dessert, but our waitress took some pictures of us together with my favorite background. As we got up to leave, someone was proposing two tables away from us. The girl was crying. Everyone was clapping. The staff were taking pictures. It was a wonderful moment.
    After dinner, we wandered through the crystal shop. The newly engaged couple walked in a little bit after us, and the girl just kept looking at her new ring. Turning it this way and that to make the light reflect off of it. It was very sweet.
    After we walked our dinner off a little bit, we picked up some presents from Jack Skellington again. Sally was still pining away for him in the cemetery.
    Then it was one last trip through the Bayou into the Spanish Main where Captain Jack made off with the treasure. I knew we would be back again, but I hated to have this magical ride end. But end it did, so we hopped on a Jungle Cruise down the Amazon River. DR was in De Nile about WoW having a Jungle Cruise easter egg until he saw the back side of water. Now he is going to try to get it on his account too.
    When we returned to civilization, I was tired, and it was getting cold. DR reminded me about the Christmas ornament, so we stopped and picked it up before leaving.

On the way back to the resort, DR picked up a little four pack of wine coolers. I am a total lightweight, so half a little bottle is enough to do me in. I was concerned about not having seen Guardians of the Galaxy 2 before our DCA day. DR turned our TV on back at the resort, and it was miraculously just starting at the beginning of the movie. I saw baby Groot dancing at the beginning while they were all fighting. Rocket stole some batteries from some golden people, and then I was in blissful sleep.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to reading more?
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry I kinda trailed off there. My son is getting married in a week and all my time has been devoted to that. I actually forgot about this until I clicked on subscribed threads and saw your response.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to your son and fdil.
    TRACEY

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. The wedding turned out beautifully.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: