Me- 46 year old Disney lover who doesn't act her age
DR (Dear Roommate) - 33 year old who has no idea what he is getting himself into

I had cancelled our breakfast at Storyteller's Cafe for today, so we got to sleep in a little bit. I dropped DR off at Blizzcon and headed to Disneyland! Our tickets were loaded onto the app, and I was trying Maxpass. I went straight to the gate where they took my pic and gave me a paper ticket. It was a very fast process.

When I am alone in Disney, I tend to slow down and soak in the atmosphere instead of running from ride to ride. There was a band playing in front of the fire station and an older couple were dancing to the music. It was completely adorable. #relationship goals.

I moseyed on up Main St. and decided to try out MaxPass. I got a fastpass for Buzz Lightyear for one hour later. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride had a 5 minute wait, so I hopped in line for that. After surviving the wild ride, I browsed through the Mad Hatter shop. I was bound and determined to make DR wear a set of ears. I was looking for some marvel ones. I took some pictures around Fantasyland and then wandered to Buzz Lightyear for my fastpass. I have a stuffed dog that my kids gave me for Valentine's Day a couple of years ago. Any time I visit some place, I take pictures with him and post them on facebook with his narrative. It drives my son crazy and makes me laugh. My friends love the storytelling. The whole purpose of this round against the Evil Emperor Zurg was to get the on ride photo with Barksy the dog.

After we saved the galaxy, I decided to head to City Hall to get my disability access card. DR was going to be getting out of Blizzcon soon, and I would need the access to ride the rides I wanted to show him. I was stopped by the Soundsational Parade. I don't normally stop to watch the parades, but I didn't have much of a choice. The parade was pretty good, and I was amazed at how they blended the songs at the end of each segment to make it sound good.

After the crowd dispersed, I headed into City Hall. It was a less than stellar experience. I explained to the Cast Member what I needed, and he told me they had discontinued that service 5 or 6 years ago. I told him that I was just there in May of 2016 and used it. He again repeated that they had discontinued it 5 or 6 years ago and suggested that I rent a wheelchair. I explained to him that I had to change positions every 15 mins and couldn't just ride in a wheelchair. He responded that I could get out and push it during those times. In my head, I thought about all the posts on intercot in which people said the wheelchair system was being abused because they saw someone pushing their wheelchair. I wondered how many of those people pushing their wheelchair were due to Disney telling them to do this. I tried explaining to him that the system where I get a return time works rather well for me. He still stated that they stopped that system 5 or 6 years ago, and he couldn't do anything else for me. I left to pick up DR.

We had fantasmic dinner package reservations at Hungry Bear for 7:15 pm. Our whole purpose for coming to the parks tonight was for him to see Fantasmic, since they don't show it during the week. Once DR was in the park, I used Maxpass to get a time for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad. His first theme park ride ever was going to be my favorite. We went and picked up our meal from Hungry Bear and sat down to eat it. It wasn't very impressive. He had the salmon, but wouldn't eat the kale salad. I had to order a cheeseburger off of the regular menu, because I couldn't eat anything from the dinner package menu. I asked for the french fries with a side of cole slaw. The lady at the register said I couldn't do that, but I could get cole slaw and ask for a side of french fries. Not sure what the difference there really is. I said ok, and they never gave me the cole slaw anyway. I just ate DR's salad, and he ate the french fries. His piece of salmon was very small. I realize that you are really paying for the reserved seating, but at least make the meal big enough to fill an adult up.

It was time for our Wildest Ride in the West! I was excited. DR was nervous. We were soon strapped in and riding on an out of control mine train. I was laughing. The girl behind us was screaming, and DR was holding on for dear life which made me laugh even harder. It probably would have been easier for him if it was daylight, and he could see the turns coming. That would have been too easy though.

I used Maxpass to get a time to return to Haunted Mansion Holiday. We had an hour to kill, and Pinocchio's Daring Journey had a 10 minute wait. It was time to introduce him to dark rides. On the way, DR noticed the Star Wars ears that have the light up x-wing battle. Like a moth to the light, he went to look at them. After weeks of resisting, someone suddenly wanted a set of ears to wear. DR is very outgoing and will talk to everyone. He and the cast member at the cart talked for about 15 mins. I took the opportunity to take pictures of Barksy in the photo opportunity Dumbo car.

He loved Pinocchio's Daring Journey, even pretending to be scared in the right spots and telling the donkey kids that he would come back and save them from their cages. His kids are going to have a blast when they all go to Disney World together next year.

It was time for Haunted Mansion Holiday, and we headed that direction. The app said Pirates of the Caribbean was a 25 minute wait, but when we got there, everyone was watching the first showing of Fantasmic. The Pirates queue was empty, so we detoured down there. I told DR he couldn't see any of the Fantasmic show yet, so he averted his eyes. :P Pirates was a walk on. It was weird to introduce someone to the ride who has seen the movie before riding the ride.

Dead men tell no tales, and Davy Jones was waiting for us. He joined the auction by saying he would offer 7 bottles of rum for her. He sang Yo Ho Yo Ho A Pirate's Life for Me with me, attentively checked out Blue Bayou since we had reservations for dinner there later in the week, looked at the fireflies with me since he knows I love them (being from Kentucky, they don't mean much to him), and laughed when I told him I dreamed of living in the little shack with the guy in the rocking chair when I was a little girl.

Next up, it was time to visit the grim grinning ghosts, but they weren't there. Jack Skellington had taken over Christmas. I'm not a fan of Nightmare Before Christmas, but DR is. At the end of the night, this was his favorite ride. After visiting Jack and Sally, we went to find our reserved seating for Fantasmic. He held our spot while I went to get him funnel cake. I got one for myself too. They turned out to be huge, and we could have easily shared one instead. I also got him a coke in a souvenir cup. My cups from Disney World have disappeared from my house while I was travelling, and I need to replenish my stock.

When I returned, no one else had joined the reserved seating area. There were maybe 20 people there. We were right up front, even got a little wet during the show. The dragon, which is the whole reason I watch the show, worked and was amazing! DR was in awe of everything and was asking who the characters were that he wasn't sure about. He was most excited about the green army men on the back of the boat at the end.

We kicked back for a while and let the crowds disperse before heading out, catching the last tram of the night.