Quantcast Magic Kingdom, Whats new?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic Kingdom, Whats new?

Good morning all, used to be a regular on the boards and in the World when I lived in Florida, but moved to Vermont in 2007 and have only been back once in 2013. We will be stopping in for one day at the Magic Kingdom in December. I have been researching the changes online and through the boards, but am hoping you can point out anything I have missed. I used to complain that nothing ever changed at the parks when we were going monthly, now I see all you have to do it take a really long break.

I see there are new rides, Ariel, Seven Dwarves Mine Ride since I was there in 2013, anything else?

Fastpasses are available online now I see 30 days out, are they electronic only now? No more kiosks?

Do certain rides like the Haunted Mansion open later than the park as I remember they once did? I am trying to plan the most efficient use of our 10 hours in the park.

I see security has moved outside to the TTC which is probably a good idea. If the Magic Kingdom opens at 8am, when can I expect the TTC to open? 2 hours before park opening?

Thanks for any advice,
    Anthony

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is awesome! This is a must do for us now. Fast passes are electronic now. They are attached to your Magic band. All rides open when the park opens. I have not experienced the new security. That has changed since I was there a year ago. I will experience that in January

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy 1 View Post
    They are attached to your Magic band.
    I am not staying in a Disney resort, so I assumed I would not get a magic band. Do they still use tickets for fastpass also?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I am not staying in a Disney resort, so I assumed I would not get a magic band. Do they still use tickets for fastpass also?
    The tickets you will get have a chip in them and work like the magic bands. You will have to link them to your mde account and make fastpasses just like you do with the magic bands. If you have some old magic bands that are linked to your account already, they will still work as long as the batteries are still good. The first ones I ever got still work and they are from when they first started using magic bands.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: