Quantcast Thoughts on ICOT 20 Day 4 Final Day

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thoughts on ICOT 20 Day 4 Final Day

10/15/17 Animal Kingdom

Sadly, ICOT 20 was coming to a close. This was the day that Ron was finally going to be able to join in the fun. Unfortunately, last night my brakes on my car started grinding, so my wonderful son-in-law offered to fix them, if Ron could bring the car over this morning. So after dropping the girls and I off, Ron headed over to Courtney and Jason's to fix the brakes.

At AK, I met up with Marci, Nikki and Gale near Creature Comforts. Pretty soon a bunch more joined us. Marci and I then rode the Na'vi ride, before meeting some of the others at Flights of Passage. This was actually my first time on Flights of Passage . Even though I 've heard excellent reviews about this, I was still skeptical. I'm not an Avatar fan at all and did not see how this belonged in AK. I have ridden the Na'vi before, but was not all that impressed here other than at the technology. As far as Flights of Passage goes, I have to say that I enjoyed it. I'm not blown away by it, but it actually fits in better than I thought it would and is fun overall. However, I would never wait more than 1 hour for this.

Emily and Hallie had been hanging out with Matt again this morning, riding Everest and watching Nemo, but it was time to meet up because Matt had to get to work. Good timing as it was now time for the meet at Flame Tree. I haven't eaten here in a while, but it was very good. I highly recommend the Mac and cheese with pulled pork and cole slaw. Poor Gale had a big portion of her chicken snatched away by a big white bird! Next up was the It's Tough To Be a Bug meet, so we just walked over as a group.

The podcast was being pushed up to 3:00 from 5:00, so that pretty much left the Dawa meet not really doable, so some went over for a short time just in case anyone happened along. I should also mention that on our way to ITTBAB, Rhonda and her husband made a quick appearance. I haven't seen Rhonda since a 2003 meet, although we are in touch through Facebook. It was still really great to see her in person again!

We bussed over to the Contemporary and met everyone by the pool. Due to some issues, I'm not sure what exactly, the Podcast was going to have to be recorded at a later time, so it was turned into a Facebook live session. John had all the "Podcasters" say hello and some quick remarks about the weekend. He then had the rest of us Intercotees come up and also share some of their favorites moments of ICOT 20 or the boards themselves. So if you are on Facebook and have not already seen the video, go to Intercot's page and watch. You will even get to see me, babble on lol. I never know what to say in front of a camera!

Ron had finished helping Jason with the brakes, so he was finally able to swing by and catch this last official meet of ICOT 20. He even scored a nice, royal blue INTERCOT hat as John was still handing out the swag! It was a fun little meet and it was so nice to be able to sit down and relax for a while after a busy weekend with great friends! I have to give a great big about out to John and all those who helped him organize such a great event as well as keeping the site up and running. I have met so many great friends, both this weekend and throughout my 16 years on Intercot!

Sadly, we all had to part company at this time. We decided to grab some dinner at the Contempo Cafe and a ride on the monorail before heading home.

I can't wait until January, when some of these great people return for Marathon Weekend. Love meeting up with these friends. I'm always in the mood for a quick meet too, if you are in the area and want to meet up!
    Heather

YC-7/99,00,8/07
    BC-8/01
    Poly-8/02,03,7/05

POR-12/03,9/11
    WL-7/04
    POFQ-12/04,8/06
    Pop-10/05,5/07,12/08,8/09,1/11,3/13
    CBR-11/07,09,10/11,5/12
    ASMo-1/09
    ASSp-1/10,8/12

Offsite-8/08,5/09
    ASMu-8/10,11/10
    CSR-8/10
    AoA-12/12, 9/13

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the recap Heather! I greatly enjoyed reading about Intercot 20!!

Those big birds at Flame Tree have to watched closely - they are very aggressive!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

4. Likes Beach Club Babe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the recap of the weekend. I actually did get to watch the live feed, you all looked like you were having a great time.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

6. Likes Beach Club Babe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the reports, Heather!
    I enjoyed reading them!! Great reads!!
    It's nice to relive great memories

8. Likes Beach Club Babe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the recap. I didn’t want the weekend to end. Great people, great fun.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

10. Likes Beach Club Babe liked this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: