Quantcast Your Favorite Disney Vacation Memory EVER?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Your Favorite Disney Vacation Memory EVER?

This has probably been a thread before, but I can't remember when. Just thought it would be fun.

I think the one I will share is the time I got to play Guitar Hero with Stitch.

Some of my family was riding Space Mountain, but my youngest daughter couldn't go, and I volunteered to stay off with her. It was early in the day, and the MK wasn't terribly busy. She and I hopped on the Peoplemover, and as it was circling around the plaza between Space Mountain and Astro Orbiter, we saw that Stitch was down there taking photos. When we got off of the Peoplemover, we headed over there, but as we got in the short line, the handler said that Stitch had to go take a break, and he'd be back out later.

So, we wandered over to the exit of Space Mountain, back when there was an arcade in there. As we wandered around the Space Mountain gift shop, Stitch (and his handler) came in. Stitch walked over to Guitar Hero and picked up a guitar. His handler went to the CMs working there, and talked to them for a minute. They went over to Guitar Hero, opened up the money box, and pressed a button to start a new game. The handler then came over to me and said, "Stitch wants to play against you in Guitar Hero." So, I walked over to the game, picked up the other guitar, and started.

It was a rough start, because I hadn't played GH in a while, but I got in a rythym and when it was over, I had destroyed Stitch. Of course, you can't play Guitar Hero while wearing Stitch gloves, so of course I was going to win. After it was over, Stitch bowed to me as if to say, "I'm not worthy!" and then gave me a high five and left the arcade.

It was just a different, cool moment with a character. We have had so many great character interactions in the past, including this one from our past vacation while we were sequestered at Old Key West. It was during the lead-up to Hurricane Irma. My daughter was trying to do make-up schoolwork when Dale decided to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGbkWyKBhwo
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

There have been so many great family memories made at Disney, it's hard to pick just one! I think I'll have to go with our Christmas Eve in Disney.

We spent the day at Hollywood Studios. We ended our park day watching Mulch, Sweat & Sheers playing Christmas classics. As soon as they finished the crowd turned their attention to the Osborne Lights as the countdown to turn the lights on for the evening began. I remember there being so much excitement in the air. You could feel the energy coming from the crowd. Everyone was in such a great, happy mood. Walking around in the "snow" taking in all the lights that night is a memory that has always stuck with me. I can still remember just how happy my own family was in that moment. Also the excitement and joy on the faces of the other guests that night. When we had our fill of the lights we headed back to our resort, Wilderness Lodge, for the evening.

Anyone knows that visiting the lodge around the holidays is such a treat, but staying there for Christmas is something I'll always remember. When we arrived back at WL Santa was greeting guests in the lobby. A table was set with drinks and cookies for all to enjoy. We got to chat with Santa and had our picture taken. We choose to have a low key Christmas Eve night and ended up having a handful of appetizers at Territory Lounge for dinner. Then we retreated to "our living room" on the 4th floor above the entrance and enjoyed drinks and the fireplace while sprawled out on the chairs and couch as a family. Back in our room we put on Christmas music and opened the gifts we had brought with us. We watched Christmas movies in our room till bedtime.

When the kids woke in the AM Santa had passed and they opened those gifts before we headed out for Christmas mass at the Contemporary, breakfast at Chef Mickey's and Animal Kingdom for the day. It was definitely a Christmas to remember and I am glad we did it that one time. We do enjoy Christmas at home with the family, but it was nice to have that one year all to ourselves.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

Love it! I've always thought to avoid WDW at Christmas, but that just sounds fantastic!
    2002 - 2022: 20+ visits (POR, BW, All Stars, VWL, CSR, BLT, BC, SSR, CB, Dolphin, OKW, Poly, offsite x8)
    DL - 1996, 2019
    Next up - January 2023 short trip! We just want to try that 50th Anniversary chocolate monstrosity at Mexico!

Post Thanks / Like

No one else wants to share?
    DL - 1996, 2019

Post Thanks / Like

Favorite memory from my childhood was when we went as kids around my younger sister's birthday. At that time MGM was still a functional studio and artists were often around when you did the backstage walk through. At the end of it an artist was sitting on a stool sketching and answering questions. My family stood and chatted with him for a while and my sister mentioned it was her birthday, 6? 5? something along those lines.

We're talking, he's drawing. He finally asks her name and we see him sign over his drawing to her. He hands her a drawing of this funny looking dog like character holding a cupcake with a rocket shooting out of it. About a year later we realized that funny little dog was a character in an upcoming movie, Lilo & Stitch.

My sister is very much an adult now but the sketch is still framed and hanging in her home.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

7. Likes NewDVCowner, azcavalier liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

And favorite memory not from childhood. On the last day of our trip last June we were at Animal Kingdom just as it opened. They had characters out front, Meeko being one of them. Our son, not quite three at the time, was pretty timid all week with characters. Meeko was headed in and saw us on our way. He stopped to say hi to our son and we quickly explained he was very shy and couldn't talk (he has a neurological speech condition). Meeko shrugged, took our son's toy car and climbed fully down on the ground. Through gestures the two worked out a game and he and Meeko must have spent a solid five minutes rolling cars back and forth and through his stroller.

Our son gave him a huge hug when Meeko had to go. It was honestly, hands down, the best moment of the trip and totally made our son's day.
    "One little spark of inspiration is at the heart of all creation, right at the start of everything thats new, one little spark lights up for you!"

șoș

Mom to our little Prince Everett and Princess Adelaide
    August 2020 Caribbean Beach!
    Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.

9. Likes NewDVCowner, azcavalier liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Proposing at the castle. My wife had been accustomed at rope drop for us to head left to Adventure land, as we go counter clockwise first. But this time, I stopped her, and got her to stay on mainstreet and proposed up near the center court. She was surprised and in shock the rest of the day. Every ride snap shot had her holding up her hand.
    ===================

2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

11. Likes azcavalier liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue! Back in 1982 we rolled into Orlando on a Saturday afternoon and have to go to a real estate office to get a key to the Tree House Villa we were staying at. But that night we were off to dinner at the Hoop-Dee-Doo Revue. There's not much specific I remember from the show but I'm sure it hasn't changed that much over the years. I would go back, but my kids might think it was too cheesy.
    Beth & David

09/82 Treehouse Villas, 06/86 BVP, 10/95 CBR, 10/99 DI, 08/03 PORS, 10/05 POP, 11/06 AKL, 09/09 POLY, 10/10 Wonder, 05/11 Dream/PORS, 08/13 POLY, 11/13 GF, 04/15 POLY, 11/15 BLT, 11/16 Aulani, 03/17 BLT, 08/18 BLT, 07/19 AKL, 06/21 BLT

Post Thanks / Like

My 2nd best memory: (Feeling like a V.I.P.)
    Being whisked away with ~ 20 of my new colleagues from a corporate dinner in Hollywood studios to go to a "just at closing" ride on Toy Story Mania and then as awesome as that was we got word as that ride finished that the entire cast member crew at Rockin' Roller Coaster agreed to give our entire party a special "after hours" ride too! We all excitedly jumped on a "limo bus" and arrived from backstage feeling very much like the "spirit" of the Rockin' Rollercoaster's ride Theme -we felt like "superstars" even though we wern't. Best of all, the cast members who stayed a little later than usual took the time to honor our "special" soundtrack request. They played: Love on a Rollercoaster as per our request!
    We were all blown away by the Disney magic in that moment and in that ride picture I can still see our amazement on all of our faces!
    My 1st Best memory: (A heartfelt thank-you)
    However, as amazing as that unexpected evening was - my 4 year old niece spontaneously telling me, "thanks for making my dreams come true" on her first trip to WDW (a total surprise for her) which included (her first airplane ride & four 4 days of touring each park). This moment slightly nudged into first place in my heart. The look in her eyes and the smile on her face were priceless!
    Journey into your...Legoź Imagination Center
    If you can dream it...you can build it!

Still journeying & dreaming for over 30 years now to new vacation destinations & WDW.

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite memory was also my first of many during my first trip in 1974. I remember seeing the Castle for the first time as I was walking down Main Street. I was so excited and had chills. To this day I remember that moment with a smile on my face and I still get chills as I walk down Main Street!

Post Thanks / Like

This is an easy one for me.
    1. Our first visit with our kids in 2002, our boys aged 9 and 6 (old enough to be truly amazed)
    2. We went to MK on our first night at WDW after checking in, got there about 8 pm, it was an EMH night.
    3. There was a full moon, with a clear night.
    4. While riding Splash Mountain, with the full moon overhead, the Wishes fireworks began going off.
    (we were unaware of the fireworks schedule, so it was a complete surprise to us).
    5. The combination of our first visit, full moon and fireworks, along with the magical Splash Mountain attraction made this a great Disney Memory. It was truly pure Magic.
    6. Needless to say, Splash has been our favorite Disney attraction ever since and we purposefully have ridden it many times during Wishes since. The first time remains the best though.
    1971 (age 15) MK was new!
    1974 off-site (Senior Trip)
    1982 off-site
    1988 off-site
    May 2002 AS-Sports, with DW & kids
    May 2004 Pop Century
    Feb 2005 Wilderness Lodge
    Oct 2006 Pop Century
    Oct 2008 Camped at Fort Wilderness
    Feb 2010 Cruise on the Wonder
    Dec 2014 POFQ for Christmas!

Share This Thread On Social Media: