Quantcast Memory Maker yes or no?

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Memory Maker yes or no?

Our family of 7 is heading to WDW in 62 days. (I'll be much more exited when I get our FPs on Friday. ) Anyway...what are your thoughts on Memory Maker. Do we purchase or not? Several of us tend to take A LOT of pics.
    Thanks for any help in advance.
    Diane

Past trips to WDW:
    12/12 CBR with free dining
    5/10 CBR with free dining
    4/09 CBR couples only trip for 20th anniv.
    9/08 Pop with free dining
    5/07 Pop
    4/05 Pop
    12/04 Pop
    4/04 Pop
    12/02 AS Sports
    4/02 AS Movies
    3/00 Ft. Wilderness Cabins

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

With the size of your family, the number of "magic" pics available throughout the parks, and ride photos, I would suggest that you DO get the Memory Maker option. That way you can get any of the PhotoPass photographers, anywhere you see them, to take numerous photos of your entire group and you don't need to have anyone 'missing' in the pics. With the package, you might even get some "special" pics and video that you hadn't expected.
    -Bud

Walt Disney World:
    9/03 - CBR
    1/09 - BWV
    9/05; 2/07; 12/07; 9/08; 9/09; 9/10; 9/11; 12/13; 12/17; 4/18; 10/18, 4/23 - PC
    5/15 - POR
    1/22 - ASMO
    10/22 - ASMU

Disneyland: 12/15 - Paradise Pier Hotel

Next up: ???

Post Thanks / Like

We are here now. Love the photo pass. So worth the money. Just make sure you stop and take advantage of all the photographers around. They do short movies, special shots and your ride photos are included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Keep in mind that you often have to wait in line for the photo pass photographers. When we were in the parks last week, we saw fairly long lines for each of the photographers we passed.

That said, you may still want to take advantage of all the pics they provide - particularly the ones with additional bits of Disney magic.
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

We ALWAYS get it! We learned the hard way on one of our first trips. We got home and had only 2 pictures featuring us in them. Had tons of the parks but virtually none of us because the two we had were blurry. With the memory maker we get good quality pictures of us. We love the Magic shots they do. My cousin and her family met up with us one day at Magic Kingdom and we were able to include them in our pictures at no cost to them. We never miss getting and I highly recommend it to everyone visiting disney.
    1288 very long miles to WDW!
    1958 DL-Off property
    Dec 1998 WDW-Off property-Chaperone HS Band trip
    Sep 2005 WDW-POR-25th Late Anniversary
    Apr 2010 WDW-POR-30th Anniversary!
    Aug 2012 DL-first time in 54 yrs!
    Apr 2014 DL-34th Anniversary!!
    Nov 2016 WDW-Retirement!
    Apr 2018 Disney-DGD's 1st trip!

Post Thanks / Like

I think this is one of those things that is dependent on what you as an individual does. If you pose for lots of picture with the Photopass Photographers, and like to get piuctures with the characters, then it is worth it. If you are like me and have teenagers that are all about the rides and could care less about getting pictures, it is probably a waste of your money, you just won't be taking enough pictures.
    "Welcome, Foolish Mortals..."

Post Thanks / Like

My family's vote would be absolutely yes - do it. Especially with a larger group. Whether it's a photo on Main Street, or with the characters, or the photos from some of the thrill rides - we have always felt it was worth it. Some of the pictures you'll get access to you just cannot take yourself. We love the little video snippets from attractions like Tower of Terror and the Mine Train!

Post Thanks / Like

We always get it too. It keeps all the members of the family in the picture and you have the added benefit of the ride videos. There are magic shots and always a few unexpected shots in the batches that are fun to have.

If you are picture folks, I think that you will be happy that you spent the money on it. Well worth it!
    Shannon

~It's not the number of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away~
    ~You should never take more than you give~ The Circle of Life

Post Thanks / Like

Do you take a lot of pictures? I believe one photo is $15, so will you want enough pictures to surpass the cost of Memory Maker?
    I always get it, because I like having everyone in the pictures. (I am horrible at selfies, so I can't get everyone in.) There are also some photos that they add special effects to, ride photos, and character meets. Our first trip was a family reunion, and I came home with over 2,000 photos. I have slowed down considerably on trips since then, but I still come home with 300 or so pictures each time.

Only one person needs to buy the Memory Maker. Everyone can add their pictures to that one account. You get them digitally, so you can make as many copies as you want.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine is included in my annual pass, so I use it a lot. I do enjoy the magical pictures they can do. If you can work it into your budget, its a good memory to have.
    Ali's Mom
    Senior Imagineer

Post Thanks / Like

Just got back. Love memory maker. Will buy again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Memory maker is a MUST for us. The ride photos and the ability of the photographers to get awesome shots of the entire family together makes it invaluable.
    mommy2maddi

Aug. 2010 at POP
    4/27-5/3/15 AoA Nemo suites
    Getting married at WDW in 2018- Staying at WDW Swan for 4 nights and Polynesian for 4 nights.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: