Quantcast Disney tickets - non-refundable? and other questions

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Disney tickets - non-refundable? and other questions

I think I'm understanding that once you buy a ticket, it's non-refundable. Is that correct no matter where you buy it? Discounters, AAA, etc.?

Here's the situation: Going to WDW in mid-December. One of our party may have to cancel at the last minute depending on a personal situation. We would like to buy the tickets at least 30 days in advance to make fastpasses (staying off-site). If this person buys their ticket, then has to cancel, what are the options available? It would probably be a 5 fay hopper. Here's one option I was thinking of, but I don't know if it's possible to do or not: I would buy the ticket from this person and then combine my 5 day hopper and their 5 day hopper and get myself an annual pass. Can you do that? Combine two tickets like that?

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You can only upgrade from one ticket. You can't use two or more tickets to upgrade to the AP.

And yes, tickets are technically non refundable except in the case where they are part of a Disney package. In that case, if you cancel the entire package, then the tickets are refunded as well.

If you purchase the tickets directly from Disney, it's *possible* that you could call and get a pixie dust laden CM who would be willing to refund the purchase - but that's not likely.

Good news is that you won't actually lose the money spent on the ticket. Even though there is an expiration date on the ticket, if it's not used by that date, the full value can still be applied to another ticket purchase later on. Any price increases will apply, of course, to a new ticket, but you aren't out the original purchase price.

Steve
    First visit: Disneyland, July 17, 1955 (well, somebody had to be there on opening day!)

Most Recent Visit:
    Disneyland - June 21-25, 2017
    WDW - Sep 22 - Oct 5, 2019
    Next up: WDW - May 9 - 16, 2020 at Riviera!
    Dec 5 - 16, 2020 at Poly

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: