Quantcast Beach Club vs. Yacht Club

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Beach Club vs. Yacht Club

We love the Beach Club; however are considering staying at the Yacht Club on our next trip because it is considerably cheaper during the week we are planning. What are the pros/cons of the these two? We don't want to be disappointed. Thank you!!
    2002 All-Star
    2004 Port Orleans
    2008 Port Orleans & Disney Wonder

2011 Port Orleans & Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2013 Port Orleans & Boardwalk
    2014 Grand Floridian
    2015 Port Orleans
    2015 Wilderness Lodge

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Having stayed at the Beach Club, we really liked the resort for the theming, pool, dining, and location to Epcot/DHS/Boardwalk, etc. You have the same pool options at the YC, as it shares the pool with the BC. The location and dining are the same as well because both resorts are right next door to each other. The only difference would be in the rooms. I haven't stayed in the YC rooms, but would think the considerable savings would be a great reason to try it.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

We stayed at the YC in Dec before all of the renovations and loved it! It was not that much farther of a walk to Epcot than the BC and the boat dock is right in front. The buses to MK and AK stop there first.

Post Thanks / Like

I've talked to 2 families who've stayed at both the YC and the BC. Both families said that the YC "felt" much more adult. One family had young children, and the Mom felt a little out of place with her 3 rambunctious children. The other family was just two adults, and they commented on how they preferred the quieter, more adult feel of the YC. Personally, we don't have kids, but we love the casualness of the BC. The Beach Club seems like a casual Cape Cod beach cottage, the YC seems like an upscale Hyannis Yacht Club.

6. Likes TikiLounger liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

OP, not sure if this will matter to you, but Yacht Club is, at this time, considered to be a "dog friendly" resort. Disney is doing a "new dog-friendly pilot program" allowing guest to have their dogs with them at select resorts. There are 4 resorts that will allow dogs starting yesterday, October 15. I believe the resorts are AoA, POR, the cabins at Fort Wilderness, and Yacht Club. Not sure if that will sway your decision, but just thought I'd put that info out there for you.

Edit to add the link: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...arting-oct-15/
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Post Thanks / Like

My DH has attended a seminar at the Convention Center there in December 2012, 2015 and 2016 and we are heading back in December for the same seminar. The first year we booked late and they could not get us in the YC so we stayed at the BC at the convention rates. I loved it and was disappointed the next year when our only choice was the YC. BUT, after staying there loved it even more. It was just the two of us and it is much quieter, but the resort is beautiful and the location can't be beat. Both resorts are more like one big resort so I don't think you can go wrong with either.
    Sandy G.

First Vacation Trip-DXL, August, 2000
    Last Trip-Yacht Club December 2017
    Next Up-The Swan December 2018
    Many In Between

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
    I've talked to 2 families who've stayed at both the YC and the BC. Both families said that the YC "felt" much more adult. One family had young children, and the Mom felt a little out of place with her 3 rambunctious children. The other family was just two adults, and they commented on how they preferred the quieter, more adult feel of the YC. Personally, we don't have kids, but we love the casualness of the BC. The Beach Club seems like a casual Cape Cod beach cottage, the YC seems like an upscale Hyannis Yacht Club.
    We're heading to the Beach Club in a couple of weeks! Yay! We love it there and we've been trying to hit the Food and Wine Festival on our last several trips. Can't wait. As someone who is quite familiar with Cape Cod, your assessment of the two resorts couldn't be more accurate. I've probably mentioned here before that my kids were never into the theming of either resort, when they were young. The theming of both was too familiar to them and they wanted to stay someplace that didn't feel so much like home (Wilderness Lodge and The Poly were their favorites). But, now that they're older, they really love the Boardwalk area in general, and Epcot. They still prefer The Poly, but they appreciate The Beach Club for what it is. A beautiful resort with the best pool. What's not to like?
    Nice work, pal.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: