Quantcast Toy guns at hotels
 
INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
 

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    232
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Toy guns at hotels

    I'm aware of the rules for theme parks, but does anyone have any personal experience or info on the use of toy guns at hotels? Can find NOTHING online about this. Our kids have those nerf 'laser tag' guns and we were wondering if there would be any issue with using them on hotel grounds. Thanks.
    -Jim ("My name's Jim, but most people call me...Jim") Born 10/1/71- The day WDW opened! "A new life has begun, when two of us are one, and we live to keep the promise- we'll go on."

  2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    7,700
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I've never heard of anything about them being against the "rules", but I would recommend against them, the resorts are often busy places and I could see some fun getting quickly out of hand.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning, Nightlife, Shopping & Waterparks, Collectibles


    Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ


    Upcoming: Me & the Hubby August 2017 @ POR

  4. Thanks luvdiznee thanked for this post
    Likes luvdiznee liked this post
  5. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    1,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibelieveindisneymagic View Post
    I've never heard of anything about them being against the "rules", but I would recommend against them, the resorts are often busy places and I could see some fun getting quickly out of hand.
    I agree. I would be pretty ticked off if I got shot with a stray nerf bullet and would probably rattle off some words you might not want your kids to hear. I would have never considered letting the kids take them anywhere, not even to a family get together and definitely not a hotel or resort.

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Fort Collins, CO
    Posts
    898
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    My DD is a cast member and does not think taking them would be a good idea. She is afraid they may take them from the kids if they are seen using them on property.

  7. Thanks VWL Mom thanked for this post
  8. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Posts
    1,367
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1DisneyNut View Post
    I agree. I would be pretty ticked off if I got shot with a stray nerf bullet and would probably rattle off some words you might not want your kids to hear. I would have never considered letting the kids take them anywhere, not even to a family get together and definitely not a hotel or resort.


    Laser tag... no ammunition.

    I've seen kids run around w/ water guns, and the running around is the problem. Less the ammo.

    If they aren't entertained at disney world enough without them, time to break out the ketamine darts.
    ===================

    2016 POR
    2015 CS
    2014 WDW-Offsite
    2014 Disneyland-offsite
    2014 CBR
    2013 Dolphin
    2012 POR
    2012 WDW-Offsite
    2011 ASMusic, POR

    1998 Dixie Landings
    1990's, Dixie Landings, Misc Offsite

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Huntsville, Alabama
    Posts
    1,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by texas211 View Post
    Laser tag... no ammunition.

    I've seen kids run around w/ water guns, and the running around is the problem. Less the ammo.

    If they aren't entertained at disney world enough without them, time to break out the ketamine darts.
    I saw nerf and immediately thought about those aggravating dart guns and totally missed that they were lazer tag instead. Still though, if it is going to lead to kids running around like lunatics chasing each other, it is irritating to other guests. That sort of thing is one of several reasons we despise the value resorts......kids running amuck all over the place along with all the screaming and yelling.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

 
Company
Advertising
Guest Relations
Community
Discussion Boards
Podcast
Newsletter
Shop
Social
Facebook
Twitter
Instagram
YouTube
Pinterest
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Enter your email address below to receive our newsletter:
INTERCOT Logo PRIVACY STATEMENT / DISCLAIMER | DISCUSSION BOARD RULES
Since 1997 INTERCOT - a Levelbest Communications Website. This is not an official Disney website.
> Levelbest Network Site