Quantcast Long Hard Journey (ICOT20 Pre-Trip)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Long Hard Journey (ICOT20 Pre-Trip)

With a little more than a week to go, it seemed time for the ol' pre-trip report! It's been what seems like an eternity since I visited WDW last in 2008, as life happened (and not in a good way) to me. However, I'm BACK! I'm READY, and I'm DOIN' the ICOT20 fest!

Arriving on the afternoon of the 10th for a couple of days of solo touring/catch up before the crazy fun weekend activities begin, I'll be staying at Pop Century & hoping for a refurbed room. Food court for dinner, and a good night's sleep before heading for MK on Wednesday morning to keep with my usual traditions of spending a few minutes in Town Squre watching people coming around the corner & seeing the castle, and their reactions to that sight. Very fun! Then it's off to Small World, the first ride I ever rode way back in '71 with my family. After that, who knows? I've got a couple of FP+'s during the day, and a nice dinner planned at the Kona Cafe', and I'll return for the new fireworks show to close out my first day.

Thursday it's The Studios which, as about half that park is closed, should be a short park day, with dinner at the Brown Derby (mmmm...grapefruit cake!)

Friday, I'm rockin' the ICOT20! CoP meet, HM group ride, etc....just about every event I can make this tired old body attend, ending with the soon-to-be-epic "Monorail Pub Crawl" WOOHOO!

Saturday - Let's do it again! Soarin' & snackin' with my ICOT friends in the AM, followed by several other meets during the day including paying tribute to Column and actually meeting Real Live Canadians! Actually, I'm from Michigan so it's not that big a deal (sorry Buttercup). Of course, I've got to make time to see the Voices of Liberty at least twice during the day, as I'm also a singer (27 years with the Ann Arbor Civic Chorus), and a big fan of VoL. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be making the Jellyrolls event though, as I want to be fresh for Sunday's fun, and my usual bedtime is around 9:30PM, as I get up around 4:30-5AM for work.

Sunday I've got a FP+ for FoP at 10:35, so I'll be there first thing & ready to explore Pandora. Not sure what meets I'll be attending , but I wouldn't miss the "live" podcast for anything. I was SO jealous of everyone who participated in the 15th podcast & am looking to put my "2 cents" worth in this time.

Monday will be my last park day, and I'm planning on a split day - Epcot in the AM and early afternoon, with dinner early at the GF Cafe', and closing out my trip at MK for the evening. Then it's flying home on Tuesday, recovery on Wednesday, and back to reality on Thursday (Boo).

It's been a very long, very hard journey over the last 8 1/2 years for me to get to this point & one of the things that kept me going was Intercot & all the great people associated with it I'm really looking forward to this trip & meeting some old ICOT friends & making some new ones as well! I'll see everyone on the 13th!
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

2. Thanks Yungbuck73 thanked for this post
    Likes eam, Yungbuck73, magicofdisney liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

"Thursday it's The Studios which, as about half that park is closed, should be a short park day, with dinner at the Brown Derby (mmmm...grapefruit cake!)"

Thursday, Wife and I will be at Studios in the am, HAving lunch at Mama Melrose then heading to MK. Maybe we can meet up at studios.
    Are you going to meet us at Jock Lindsay's that night at 8:00pm?
    Justin and Dawn (tiggerears)

Next Trip:

AoA For Star Wars Rival Run Weekend 4/4-4/7/19

Post Thanks / Like

It's always great to get back when that is one of the things keeping you going through rough times.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up OK, Let's Rock!

Quote Originally Posted by Yungbuck73 View Post
    Thursday, Wife and I will be at Studios in the am, HAving lunch at Mama Melrose then heading to MK. Maybe we can meet up at studios.
    Are you going to meet us at Jock Lindsay's that night at 8:00pm?
    A Studios meet would be fun! PM me & we'll work it out. As for Jock Lindsey's, I'm on the fence. I'd love to go, but don't want to be out too late as I'm anticipating Friday will be a crazy long day (and my normal bedtime is about 9:30 ), so convince me!
    First trip, Christmas 1971.
    Last Trip, Oct. 2017 - ICOT20!
    Next Trip: Planning...Always Planning

Post Thanks / Like

Have a wonderful trip!! Intercotees are such great people!! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

8. Likes Yungbuck73 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So glad you were able to make the trip! it was great getting to meet you and hope you are doing well in your travel and recovery days!
    There's a great big beautiful tomorrow!

Post Thanks / Like

"They punch a hole in the sky with FIRE and MATH!" - Gary podcast #19

Post Thanks / Like

So glad you made the trip. It was so nice meeting you.
    Marci

Many visits. Live 20 minutes from the parks.
    Work at Universal Studios in Diagon Alley. Ollivanders/ wand magic.

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: