Quantcast Party of one Day 4 - All Star Movies

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Party of one Day 4 - All Star Movies

Back home. Wrapped up visit to Epcot Food and Wine Fest and DW on Thursday. Checked my luggage at All Star Movies air line baggage check in around 7 a.m. or so. I had a breakfast reservation over at Kona Cafe at 10:05. So I took a Disney bus over to MK bus stop first then did the monorail transfer to the Polynesian resort. The resort has changed a lot since I stayed there in 1993 and 2001. The big water fall area in the middle of the lobby is just a memory. The pool area has changed plus the new accommodations in the water that I understand cost $$$$. To me it seemed like the Disney boats taking people over to MK come pretty close to those new in the water units. The accommodations at All Star Movies worked for me. A basic room. carpets need to be replaced as the carpet in the sink area is definitely worn out. Clean room and everything worked. As a money saver I would stay in a value resort again, if I plan to spend most of my time at parks or Disney Springs. For lounging around Yacht Club or other higher priced resorts would be my choice. I did notice that there are a scarcity of electrical outlets in the lobby areas of All Star Movies and even the Beach Club for recharging phones. I guess the view is you have outlets in your room, so charge them up there?? Back to Kona Cafe. I ordered the Tonga Toast. It seemed a little dryer than what I was used to. Afterwards I took a bus from Polynesian over to Disney Springs where I walked around one last time. Then took a bus back to All Star Movies. DME came on time and I had an uneventful half an hour or so ride to the airport. Overall my 2 day park hopper pass was all I needed. Until more new attractions are opened at HS I would suggest no one purchase a full day ticket there. Just park hop between HS and another park. The River ride at Pandora was okay for a quiet get out of the heat attraction. I wouldn't stand in the line for an hour. I'm thinking that night time might be the best time to experience Pandora visually. I'll catch the flight ride another year! Thumbs up to all the improvements made to the former Downtown Disney. I first went to Disney in 1991. I forget the name of the place that Disney Springs ultimately replaced. It was for the over 21 crowd and required a separate paid admission! The current form of Disney Springs is a nice change. With the construction still on going in HS it looks like I may not return to DW until 2019.
    (46) CB -91,95,08,13 (2)
    Poly-93, 01 Port Orl FQ - 97,98, 09, 10 Riverside 01,09, 18 Coronado -99,08
    BC - 01,03,05,06,07
    Dland 03 AK - 06 Pop-14,18 All Star 14,17,18,23
    Christmas at WL 06,07
    SS - 07,10 WL - 06, 07,10 Epcot 08,21
    GF 11 YC 12, 16, 18, 19, 23 DS 21, offsite 14
    Dolphin 21

2. Thanks eam thanked for this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

You're thinking of Pleasure Island. I still remember when the area was much smaller and known as Lake Buena Vista. It ended where Paddlefish is now located.

Thanks for your reports!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like

Enjoyed reading your report. Thanks
    TRACEY

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: