Quantcast Odd Thing at WCC

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Odd Thing at WCC

So on Sunday night we dined along with my entire family (party of 6 adults and 2 kids) at Whispering Canyon Cafe. We love it there and we were all staying at WL so it was super convenient. We have noticed less and less "antics" which we noticed again but here is what got me. 7 of us ordered the Skillet (Mom had the trout.) They brought two HUGE skillets. We didn't request anything special or anything.

Well we barely made a dent in them. Esp the kids, they eat like birds.

Well I asked for some to-go boxes. (We were driving home in the morning and had a cooler.) Well they didn't want to bring us one. Said we couldn't take it. We hadn't ordered seconds of anything. I just didn't want what we had on the table to be tossed out.

Finally after much convincing we were brought a couple boxes but it really kind of bugged me. I mean I can see if you ordered seconds and then boxed up...
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Because it is technically a "buffet" they don't gone to go boxes. I asked once at O'Hana. I totally agree with you that you should be allowed to take home leftovers. You paid for it.

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, they really don't do boxes at the "all-you-care-to-eat" places. I think it is because of what you said, having to keep track of people ordering seconds (or more) just to have some to take out. It is crazy how much food they bring you sometimes ... my daughter actually got upset at how much they brought out at the Garden Grill breakfast, it was beyond ridiculous.
    Heather aka ibelieveindisneymagic
    INTERCOT Staff

Engaged at the castle!
    My Disney Home is POFQ

Post Thanks / Like

It has always been my understanding that any places that are considered "all you can eat" in Disney are treated like buffets. They don't provide to go boxes to take home. I am kinda surprised that they eventually gave you boxes.

I do agree that its a huge waste of food, and I too hate to see so much thrown out.
    Denise

Resorts we've stayed at in 20+ trips: ASMo, ASMu, ASSp, PC, CSR, CBR, POR, POFQ, WL, AKL Jambo, AKL Kidani, Poly, Contemporary, BC, YC, BWV, OKW, SSR, Swan, Shades of Green, Vero Beach, Disneyland Resort

Next Trip: ???

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: