Quantcast Post Irma Trip Report Day 2(B)

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Post Irma Trip Report Day 2(B)

No longer live as I had some connection issues down there (wasn't sure if it was me, Disney or the cot.).

Last we left our travelers we were chilling at the pool at WL. We had some cocktails and showered and headed to AK via bus (it took a long time for the bus-it would be common theme) and it also stopped at Contemp. So we didn't get to do quite as much at AK. Pandora was packed and it was still light out so we decided to save that for later. We rode the Safari and I was shocked at the damage throughout. Many trees down, standing water where there should not have been, etc. Gators, Elephants and Rhinos were all being kept off exhibit as were the painted dogs-all had damaged enclosures.

As we walked off it started to sprinkle. We headed to use the restroom in Harambe and walked out to a full out downpour. We had dinner reservations at Yak and Yeti in about 20 mins so we threw on our ponchos (and I took off my nicer shoes as I was dressed up a bit for the night) and we scooted over there. There was a large number people in the lobby but I think most were just avoiding the heavy rain. We were seated right away with our ADR at a nice table for two by the window. We had a great server, Tim. (It was our first time eating there.). We were able to swap one dessert for a very large (enough to split) side salad with Asian dressing and then I ordered the duck (just ok, a little dry) and hubby ordered the Ribeye (subbing fries for mashed potatoes.). His steak was AMAZING! He eats a lot of steak and this was one of the best he has had (and me too since my duck was just meh.). There was plenty for us both and then we ordered one order of the wontons for dessert to split, also tasty and we aren't usually dessert people.

We had a FP for Rivers of Light which I had not seen so we headed that way (still drizzling). It stopped enough for us to use our ponchos for seats as the seating area was soaked (why did I wear a dress tonight I don't even know.). I'm not sure what to say about RoL. It just didn't do much for me. We actually left 5 mins before it was over as it started raining again and we wanted to hopefully catch a bus before everyone else got in line. (No luck.). 30 mins wait for bus and then back to WL, wet and pretty tired but full from a great dinner. PS I don't recommend going barefoot in AK for a couple hours, I had sore feet the next day-but not ruined shoes )
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

2. Thanks eam, Jeff thanked for this post
    Likes VWL Mom, mgmnut liked this post
  3.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

Your Animal Kingdon evening sound very similar to ours, I believe we were there at the same time as you. We had just rode FOP and when we came out it started to sprinkle and then into a downpour. We made our way to Yak and Yeti for a sit down meal and to get out of the rain. With no ADR we were seated right away with our server Tim. Lol

So sounds like we were at the same park and restaurant at the same time with possibly the same server.

When we finished dinner the rain had already let up, we were walking out towards the exit going past Everest and it was up and running and a walk on so we hit that first and then left.

Recent Trips:
    -OKW Aug 16 - Aug 23 / Royal Pacific Resort Universal Studios Aug 23 - Aug 26, 2013
    -Universal Studios Hard Rock Hotel Nov 14 - Nov 18, 2014
    -Saratoga Springs June 11 -18 2016

Next Trip:
    -Port Orleans Riverside / Saratoga Springs Sept 8 - 17, 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Oh that's funny, we were up against the window at a table for two, I was wearing leopard ( )
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Perhaps you were seated right next to each other and didn't even know it!! Downpours can put a damper on the day!! I'm hoping they've had a chance to make needed repairs in the Savannah area!!
    Linda aka: Faline
    INTERCOT Staff: Vacation Planning,Trip Reports and Disney Camping
    [email protected]

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: