Quantcast Set to Arrive at Ft. Wilderness this Saturday Sept 16th - Irma Update Please

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Set to Arrive at Ft. Wilderness this Saturday Sept 16th - Irma Update Please

Intercot family we were / are slated to arrive at Fort Wilderness this coming Saturday for our DD's 13th Birthday celebration and would love to know if anyone has seen or been to the Fort since Irma passed yesterday. I know from other posts that none of the resorts across the World lost power and damage seems to be minimal but that sometimes does not apply to heavily wooded areas like Ft. Wilderness.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,
    Shahn
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC
    1974, 77, 83 & 1995 - Off site

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

I know this doesn't help now but we are headed down to WL on Wednesday and if no one has updated you by then I will go over there and check things out. I know one large tree was down near the entrance but that is all I have heard about FW so far.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Janet,
    That would be very nice if you have time. We are headed down Friday at noon and any recon before then would be appreciated. This will be our first trip NOT to stay at WL in quiet some time. Hope you enjoy your time there and cannot wait for this weather to get out of here that is around us right now. Safe travels for you guys on Wednesday!

Best regards,
    Shahn
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC

Post Thanks / Like

I just read that the Treehouse Villas at SS will reopen on Thursday and Fort Wilderness remains closed. If I see anything else, I will post it.

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

Below is the official update as of this evening:

Quote Originally Posted by Walt Disney World Resort

Fort Wilderness Campground will remain closed at this time while assessments to the property are completed.

To allow Disney’s Fort Wilderness to prepare the property after Hurricane Irma, all shows at The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ will be cancelled Tuesday, September 12. Any existing reservations will be automatically cancelled and refunded.
    Figment! aka Jason ºoº
    INTERCOT STAFF
    News, Rumours & Imagineering
    Dining
    Vacations Beyond Disney

~It’s what us storytellers do; we restore order with imagination, we instill hope again and again~

~We keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things~

Post Thanks / Like

Just curious....if you are scheduled to check in @ Fort Wilderness within the next couple days, are they offering accommodations?

BWV & HH

Post Thanks / Like

You may want to call Disney directly and ask them.
    I'll meet you at the Rainbow Bridge.

Post Thanks / Like

This is not looking favorable.................

Used a "front desk" number a cast member gave me a while back and no one is answering.
    Called another less used number and got a human "Cora" who inferred that Disney was relocating guest with existing reservations at Ft. Wilderness - ugggg

She just transferred me to speak to someone in reservations to see what they say, SO I'm sitting on hold Nothing like meticulously planning a trip many months in advance to have it up in the air if you can go. LOVE Mother Nature!
    Feb 2020 - FWC
    Jul 2019 - Poly
    2018 - WL - CL
    2017 - FWC
    2016 - WL

2012 - WL - CL
    2010 - WL
    2009 - WL
    2007 - WL
    2003 - WL
    2001 - FWC

Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully they have you moved to a nice comfortable room.

Post Thanks / Like

As of now they won't even let us over there. The walking trail is also closed. We will try again tomorrow.

12. Thanks Davy Crockett thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's posted on the WDW site that the FW resort and campgrounds will be closed until sometime next week. All dining reservations there are cancelled through Sept 17.
    - Lynn -
    INTERCOT Staff: Theme Parks, DVC

14. Thanks Davy Crockett thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The Cast Member information site isn't very helpful. It states only that Fort Wilderness is closed until further notice.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

16. Thanks Davy Crockett thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JanetMegan View Post
    As of now they won't even let us over there. The walking trail is also closed. We will try again tomorrow.
    Janet thank you for taking valuable time out of your day to look into this for me. MUCH appreciated!
    As of yesterday afternoon Virginia with Guest Services said most optimistic view is that it would open Monday or Tuesday. I am currently working to see what other accommodations are there which is not much as she was kind enough to let me know the reason rooms are few when park volume is at 2, 3, 4 or 5 at the most out of 10 is that our Magnanimous Disney group has taken ALL their Cruise Guests and put them at the World... I mean REALLY before you relocate your current displaced guest??? Just chaps my butt!!!

IF you get a moment please update your live view of the situation.

At this moment our departure from Atlanta to Orlando is set for noon tomorrow Friday the 15th.

Again I appreciate all you guys taking time to help!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    Janet thank you for taking valuable time out of your day to look into this for me. MUCH appreciated!
    As of yesterday afternoon Virginia with Guest Services said most optimistic view is that it would open Monday or Tuesday. I am currently working to see what other accommodations are there which is not much as she was kind enough to let me know the reason rooms are few when park volume is at 2, 3, 4 or 5 at the most out of 10 is that our Magnanimous Disney group has taken ALL their Cruise Guests and put them at the World... I mean REALLY before you relocate your current displaced guest??? Just chaps my butt!!!

IF you get a moment please update your live view of the situation.

At this moment our departure from Atlanta to Orlando is set for noon tomorrow Friday the 15th.

Again I appreciate all you guys taking time to help!!!
    Sheesh you mean they didn't automatically move you somewhere already? That's crazy. That area is still roped off today, we. Just came by there and they just now are cutting trees up from down on the trail over there, no boat will take us over and you can't even turn in the driveway, it's blocked by cones. I can't believe they didn't move you, it seems really dead down here right now, I guess next week is going to be a different story. I know it's not o property but I stayed at the Melia in May and they had nice rooms at a good price and they had full kitchens etc.
    Janet, aka JanetMegan

Scrapbooking-There is a fine line between a mental illness and a hobby.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Davy Crockett View Post
    This just isn't right, all reports are saying they are rebooking displaced guests. Did you try calling again today? Any different response?
    Last edited by VWL Mom; 09-14-2017 at 03:33 PM.
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

They might just be working through the reservations for right now and will work on those later. I would imagine the cruise guests will be shipped out to the ship soon for embarkation. I doubt they would turn someone away who showed up with an already booked reservation.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderelley View Post
    They might just be working through the reservations for right now and will work on those later. I would imagine the cruise guests will be shipped out to the ship soon for embarkation. I doubt they would turn someone away who showed up with an already booked reservation.
    But the OP is arriving tomorrow
    - Lynn -

Post Thanks / Like

Not an official update but they are finally letting people rent water mice on the lake which they were not going to do til WL was cleaned up. Also another hotel guest that had a fishing charter cancel due to storm has it rescheduled from FE on Saturday.

Post Thanks / Like

So how did it go?

Post Thanks / Like

The Fort Wilderness activity calendar shows everything open on Thursday, 9/21. We'll see.
    Ron
    INTERCOT Staff
    WDW Cast Member
    Expedition: Everest
    Kali River Rapids

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: