Quantcast Marriott's Royal Palms

INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Planning Guide Walt Disney World Disney Cruise Line Mousehut Mail WebDisney News INTERCOT: Walt Disney World Vacation Guide
News Discussion Theme Parks Resorts Info Central Shop Interactive Podcast INTERCOT Navigtion
Site Sponsors
  magical journeys travel agency
  INTERCOT shop

INTERCOT Affiliates
  disney magicbands & accessories
  disneystore.com
  disney fathead
  disney check designs
  amazon.com
  priceline.com

News
  site search
  headlines
  past updates
  discussion boards
  email update

INTERCOT Other
  advertising
  sponsors
  link to us
  contact us

INTERCOT Ads

Post Thanks / Like

Default Marriott's Royal Palms

Hello,

I was supposed to be at WDW September 9-16 on a solo trip, staying at BWI. Irma forced me to cancel. But now I'm trying to book a different week but there doesn't seem to be any availability at any Disney resort during any of the weeks I can go. I'm working with Magical Journeys, as I have for the past decade. They're the best, but unfortunately can't make rooms appear.

My parents have graciously offered to gift me with use of their Marriott Time Share and I'm looking at Royal Palms. Any thoughts? It would be way too much space for one person (they only have 2 bedroom units), but hey, they offered.

My biggest fear is how to get to Disney every day. I get very nervous driving in unfamiliar places and would love to avoid renting a car. With the savings I'd have on a resort, I could just Uber every day. Has anyone ever done that? Is that a crazy plan?

I'm mourning the loss of losing all my ADRs and FP+ as it is, and would hate to stay off-site being such a devotee, but I don't want to wait another 6 months before I can go again (no availability next few months and I don't want to book in Jan-Feb cause of snow up here. I canceled once for weather and don't want to again!).

Thanks all!
    *Cindy

Sep20 - Yacht Club
    Sep19 - WL Villas
    Sep18 - Contemporary
    Oct17 - Offsite
    Sep16 - POFQ
    Sep15 - Poly
    Sep14 - Disneyland
    Sep13 - Beach Club
    Oct11 - POR
    Sep10 - CBR
    Sep09 - POP
    Sep08 - WL Villas
    Sep07 - POR
    Feb95 - WL
    Jun90 - GF
    Aug86 - Big Red Boat

Plus Disneyland (x3) and Offsite (x5)

2.     Please Support INTERCOT's Sponsors:
    Post Thanks / Like

We've used Uber several times on and off property with very good results. What I wold say is this. Temper your expectations. Uber is limited in the places where they can drop you off. But if you are smart, you can work around it. For instance, we had a reservation for an early am backstage tour at MK. We had the driver take us to Contemporary and we walked over. Way better than TTC, where the shared ride drivers need to drop you. Also, they can take you to a resort, and jump on a bus, monorail, boat, whatever.

Post Thanks / Like

Royal Palms is on the grounds of the Marriott World Center hotel. It is a nice place. We stayed there a few years ago and really enjoyed it. We are Disney Vacation Club members and Marriott Vacation Club owners and the quality/experience with both brands are top notch.

5. Thanks luvdiznee thanked for this post

Share This Thread On Social Media:

Share This Thread On Social Media: